ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

DT RAW
Junior
And1: 129

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#921 » by DT RAW » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:37 pm

This fanbase continues to wish the player they want ben simmons to be into existence.

It wont happen. This will be our last chance to trade him for something solid, we better do so vefore his value plummets even more.

We previously could have got booker or murray for him. Now both teams would laugh at us

We r running out of time. I wonder if brooklyn wouls trade dinwiddie and levert for him
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#922 » by Mik317 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:54 pm

we aren't trading Ben.

You need to get over it already and save yourself the headache.

dude is coming off an injury and the moment we put him on the market, it becomes obvious its happening due to them not thinking fit will work...all together that means lower than expected deals.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#923 » by Darthlukey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:18 am

DT RAW wrote:This fanbase continues to wish the player they want ben simmons to be into existence.

It wont happen. This will be our last chance to trade him for something solid, we better do so vefore his value plummets even more.

We previously could have got booker or murray for him. Now both teams would laugh at us

We r running out of time. I wonder if brooklyn wouls trade dinwiddie and levert for him

Celtics fan swinging by. In a vacuum, do you think Jaylen Brown for Simmons makes the 6ers a better team? Obviously a straight up trade would never happen, Simmons is an all world talent and Brown is an all star talent. Boston would have to add far more, which makes a trade unworkable. But from a system and fit perspective, I think a switch of the players could make both teams better.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,650

Post#924 » by stormi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:57 am

Darthlukey wrote:
DT RAW wrote:This fanbase continues to wish the player they want ben simmons to be into existence.

Celtics fan swinging by. In a vacuum, do you think Jaylen Brown for Simmons makes the 6ers a better team? Obviously a straight up trade would never happen, Simmons is an all world talent and Brown is an all star talent. Boston would have to add far more, which makes a trade unworkable. But from a system and fit perspective, I think a switch of the players could make both teams better.

Imagine Simmons and Tatum together... RIP the league for the foreseeable future
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#925 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:02 am

Is anyone really gonna offer Washington a bigger name star than Ben Simmons for Beal? I don't think so...so imo that would be the logical move. I love Ben but his lack of a simple jump-shot will continue to kill this team moving forward imo. If he were to stay then the best we could hope for is that the new coach can unlock the mid-range shot he had in his rookie year and encourage him to shoot it regularly...otherwise we're just wasting our time with him.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#926 » by the_process » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 am

DT RAW wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Image

So this is the Brett effect, as soon as he leaves Ben is eager to work out and improve. There are no words to describe the misery we've been under with Brett. So many years wasted down the drain, years where our players made zero or minimal improvement.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid is also affected and works harder, but if we hire M_A it may be too late unfortunately...

jk right?

last thing simmons needs to be doing is working out in the gym.. sick n tired of him beefing up like a center but then not paying center

**** come back shooting multiple 3s a game or get off this team

cant believe he made 3rd team all nba, not only did he not deserve that, but now its once again going to justify in his mind that he keeps playing the same pathetic way. We got rid of half the problem in brown, we just need to get rid of the other half now

Don't forget that the Sixers are now farther into the tax and even more likely to just dump salary without any concern for improving the roster.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#927 » by Darthlukey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:59 am

stormi wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:

We can but dream! Problem with the Celtics wanting to make any major moves for big name players is that other teams will want Tatum and we want player X to play with Tatum.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#928 » by Darthlukey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:59 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Is anyone really gonna offer Washington a bigger name star than Ben Simmons for Beal? I don't think so...so imo that would be the logical move. I love Ben but his lack of a simple jump-shot will continue to kill this team moving forward imo. If he were to stay then the best we could hope for is that the new coach can unlock the mid-range shot he had in his rookie year and encourage him to shoot it regularly...otherwise we're just wasting our time with him.

That truly is a win for both teams, short to medium term for Philly and longer term for Washington
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#929 » by Darthlukey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 am

There is no way Denver would say no to Simmons for Murray, even just to flip Simmons for someone/s else to profit.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#930 » by phillynative » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:44 am

Darthlukey wrote:
stormi wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Celtics fan swinging by. In a vacuum, do you think Jaylen Brown for Simmons makes the 6ers a better team? Obviously a straight up trade would never happen, Simmons is an all world talent and Brown is an all star talent. Boston would have to add far more, which makes a trade unworkable. But from a system and fit perspective, I think a switch of the players could make both teams better.

We can but dream! Problem with the Celtics wanting to make any major moves for big name players is that other teams will want Tatum and we want player X to play with Tatum.

So you dont mind Tatum being crowded by defenders and no space to drive in the paint because Ben wont shoot and will be planted in the dunker spot. Tatum has optimum spacing right now and Brown is not far off defensively. So why mess up a good thing...
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#931 » by Aussiepiston1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:14 am

Darthlukey wrote:
stormi wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Celtics fan swinging by. In a vacuum, do you think Jaylen Brown for Simmons makes the 6ers a better team? Obviously a straight up trade would never happen, Simmons is an all world talent and Brown is an all star talent. Boston would have to add far more, which makes a trade unworkable. But from a system and fit perspective, I think a switch of the players could make both teams better.

What position would you play him? I’d seriously consider a 3 way trade where Philly ends up with holiday, Brown, and the 14th pick
NOP gets Horford, 21st pick and Langford
Boston gets Simmons
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#932 » by kio80 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am

Darthlukey wrote:

There is no way Denver would say no to Simmons for Murray, even just to flip Simmons for someone/s else to profit.

Just ignore him, he’s a troll, no need to encourage him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#933 » by Stanford » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am

I think Denver would say no to Murray for Simmons. :dontknow:
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#934 » by kio80 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Stanford wrote:I think Denver would say no to Murray for Simmons. :dontknow:

Probably, I won’t be surprised, Murray’s a hot commodity right now, for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 404

Post#935 » by Zumramania » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Stanford wrote:I think Denver would say no to Murray for Simmons. :dontknow:

Well, they were +16 in 44 minutes he played and -18 during 4 minutes he didn't play in the last game against the Lakers. And they already have Jokic...
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#936 » by elchengue20 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Ben to Minnesotta, 1st pick to the Wizards, we get Beal. That's the best and most realistic trade we could do right now.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#937 » by eyeatoma » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Ben to Minnesotta, 1st pick to the Wizards, we get Beal. That's the best and most realistic trade we could do right now.

Hmm that would be really interesting. Ben and Towns are good friends, and they would be a good fit, with Russell as well.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#938 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Hold on tight. Nothing is impossible.

:lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#939 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hold on tight. Nothing is impossible.

Like...why does he bring it down so low after the catch? That shot form will never work in a catch and shoot capacity in real games with defenders closing out. It takes too long and it comes from too far down below.

He needs to learn to catch it at chest level and keep it from dipping so low before going back up.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#940 » by Eyeamok » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Ben's biggest problem is that he does not want to look bad missing shots. His ego is stopping him from being an even better player. Yes I am an internet physiologist. You figure out a way to get him past that hurdle and it's a whole new Ben Simmons. A new coach that is not going to coddle him might be the best thing ever for his development.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers