ImageImageImage

Welcome Al Horford(?!?)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#381 » by BB_Fan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Can you think of which team will absorb their salary without giving any salary back to 76ers. None of the players you have mentioned
will make the signing team championship caliber. The 76ers roster will have major holes in the backcourt if you trade Josh Richardson.

76ers planned to reduce salary of the employees by 20%. They have cheap owners who will not pay luxury tax.

All of NBA teams are facing a salary cap reduction scenario. There will be no fans in arena next year and you can write down revenue from ticket sales. All of them are looking to dump salary. there will be more sellers than buyers.

Without an experienced GM you are looking at a lost cause.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#382 » by youngcrev » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:28 pm

BB_Fan wrote:Can you think of which team will absorb their salary without giving any salary back to 76ers. None of the players you have mentioned
will make the signing team championship caliber. The 76ers roster will have major holes in the backcourt if you trade Josh Richardson.

76ers planned to reduce salary of the employees by 20%. They have cheap owners who will not pay luxury tax.

All of NBA teams are facing a salary cap reduction scenario. There will be no fans in arena next year and you can write down revenue from ticket sales. All of them are looking to dump salary. there will be more sellers than buyers.

Without an experienced GM you are looking at a lost cause.

Since when is becoming a championship caliber team a prerequisite to adding a player?

Anyway, the Warriors would likely have a ton of interest in Richardson with their T.E., and he would fit that requirement. The Hornets and Hawks are teams with cap space that would likely have interest in Richardson. The Pistons and Knicks would be good potential landing spots for Scott and Smith as teams that could use cap space to gain assets.
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#383 » by BB_Fan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:01 pm

Let us work on your scenario of trading Richardson to GSW, Scott to Pistons and Zhaire to Kinicks.

You most likely have to give up 2020 SRP as sweetener for Josh and Scott.

After Trade The 76ers will have seven players in the roster - Ben, Embiid, Tobias, Al, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Shake. NBA roster is 15 man so they have sign 8 additional player at minimum salary of 1.5M that is an additional 12 M and you are back in luxury tax territory.
Even SRP have to be signed for 1.5M (minimum).

You have to trade one of Al , Harris, Embiid or Ben without taking back salary to solve the luxury tax problem.

I do not think 76ers ownership will be ready to pay luxury tax when they were ready to reduce employee payroll by 20% in March.

Open to your other suggestions.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 942

Post#384 » by Tony Franciosa » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Al will be amnestied. the league as a whole is going to have to take aggressive action to relieve the luxury tax/salary cap burden for 2020-2021 season if the reduced revenue is going to impact payroll.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#385 » by youngcrev » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Or they just agree to keep the luxury tax mark where it was originally projected, which I've heard discussed as a possibility on a few outlets now.
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#386 » by BB_Fan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 pm

Last year Luxury Tax apron level was 133M and we are now at 147M with 11 payers on roster. in addition we have to pay two coaches Brett brown and a new coach.

You can amnesty Al but he still has to be paid 80M . That is a lot of Money to throw away even for billionaire.

There will be significant drop in revenue and all teams will be hesitant to take more payroll with revenue setback.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#387 » by kuclas » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Come on. Al Horford is still better than had the centers starting for the league. U don’t amnesty a player who can still play
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#388 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:01 am

The way I see things now, every position is valued differently. So a guard of embiid’s level of talent is valued higher than Embiid.

And center is at the bottom of this hierarchy. This is why GMs who knows basketball tries to stay away from paying a lot for centers. Financially via FA or paper assets via trades or drafting high. To avoid big talent loss in a trade, if you want to trade a center, you trade it for another center or a PF.

Personally, I think a lot of teams could be interested in Horford. Because he can space the floor and has shown ability to play with another big. Like with Baynes during when he was with the Celtics and with us, during the bubble.

the trades withIn this perspective are..

If you want better floor spacing, then trade for Kevin Love

If you want better scoring punch, then trade for Julius Randle

If you want a faster big to compensate for Biid’s slowness, then trade him for Capella.

If you are confident with Biid’s speed, you can trade him for Whiteside.

Although there are some exceptions.. like trading like Otto Porter.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#389 » by Sportfan73 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 am

I truly think if we really want to push all of our chips in we could move horford, Richardson, and probably tiise for PG
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,810

Post#390 » by Stanford » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 am

Sportfan73 wrote:I truly think if we really want to push all of our chips in we could move horford, Richardson, and probably tiise for PG

Paul George? Why would the Clippers do this?
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#391 » by Aussiepiston1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 am

Stanford wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:I truly think if we really want to push all of our chips in we could move horford, Richardson, and probably tiise for PG

Why would we do it ? PG has choked time and time again.
I’d rather send that package for Holiday
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#392 » by BB_Fan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am

76ciology wrote:The way I see things now, every position is valued differently. So a guard of embiid’s level of talent is valued higher than Embiid.

And center is at the bottom of this hierarchy. This is why GMs who knows basketball tries to stay away from paying a lot for centers. Financially via FA or paper assets via trades or drafting high. To avoid big talent loss in a trade, if you want to trade a center, you trade it for another center or a PF.

Personally, I think a lot of teams could be interested in Horford. Because he can space the floor and has shown ability to play with another big. Like with Baynes during when he was with the Celtics and with us, during the bubble.

If you want a faster big to compensate for Biid’s slowness, then trade him for Capella.

The problem with Al is his huge contract. No team will look to lock up 80M (3 years) for a 35 year old center. Next year revenue will be less as there will be no fans in stadium. Salary cap will also come down in future (china , TV ad revenue)

The other issue is 76ers payroll (145M) currently with 11 players under contract. They are in luxury tax situation as they are 12M above the luxury tax line.

76ers were looking to cut salary of employees in March by 20% to save $500,000 dollars. They reversed the decision as it become a PR nightmare and embiid stepped in.

Do you really think cheap owners like Harris will pay luxury tax to keep a team that may not make it past second round in Eastern conference.

One of the Big 4 - Al, Embiid , Ben or Harris has to be traded with no incoming salary to fix the payroll. To get rid of Harris or Al with no incoming salary you would have to mortgage our future by giving up all the draft picks and talent. The roster will also have holes.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#393 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:02 pm

BB_Fan wrote:
76ciology wrote:The way I see things now, every position is valued differently. So a guard of embiid’s level of talent is valued higher than Embiid.

The problem with Al is his huge contract. No team will look to lock up 80M (3 years) for a 35 year old center. Next year revenue will be less as there will be no fans in stadium. Salary cap will also come down in future (china , TV ad revenue)

The other issue is 76ers payroll (145M) currently with 11 players under contract. They are in luxury tax situation as they are 12M above the luxury tax line.

76ers were looking to cut salary of employees in March by 20% to save $500,000 dollars. They reversed the decision as it become a PR nightmare and embiid stepped in.

Do you really think cheap owners like Harris will pay luxury tax to keep a team that may not make it past second round in Eastern conference.

One of the Big 4 - Al, Embiid , Ben or Harris has to be traded with no incoming salary to fix the payroll. To get rid of Harris or Al with no incoming salary you would have to mortgage our future by giving up all the draft picks and talent. The roster will also have holes.

I agree on dumping salary to free up cap space with the assumption of the owners being cheap to not wanting to pay luxury tax.

On a related note, may I ask why you pretty much is posting the same reply (cheap owners, revenue and etc) on every post?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#394 » by BB_Fan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:45 pm

I read you posting and defending the 76ers ownership.

I know a person in 76ers Org who was told his salary will be reduced by 20% in March. After don't I don't like 76ers management & EB because they can spend all the money on Tobias and Al but then decide to take money from the employees who make 60K - 70K to save money.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,810

Post#395 » by Stanford » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Aussiepiston1 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Why would we do it ? PG has choked time and time again.
I’d rather send that package for Holiday

lol, that trade would make us a title contender.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#396 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:04 pm

BB_Fan wrote:I read you posting and defending the 76ers ownership.

I know a person in 76ers Org who was told his salary will be reduced by 20% in March. After don't I don't like 76ers management & EB because they can spend all the money on Tobias and Al but then decide to take money from the employees who make 60K - 70K to save money.

I don’t defend the ownership but i support the team.

I read that during the great depression, companies that opt to not have salary cuts lead to a lot of lay offs.

I dont know if you have a business. But based on my experience and what ive seen, every business is cutting costs because the economy is really bad right now. My friend just the other day has to close down his business that he built for almost 2 decades and he ended up having to delete all his social network because he was depressed. And in cutting costs, you have to be smart on which essentials you have to cut costs.

If we can ask Tobi to cut cost from his $30+M per year salary, then why not? I mean, it’s not you need $30+M to survive the year right and unlike the owners, I dont think he has companies that he needs to run even during this recession.

I support the team. I supported Ed Stefanski, Rod Thorn, Hinkie, BC and EB. I supported Okafor, Turner and Noel. I supported everyone except maybe for Iguodala and Billy King :lol: I just try to see the bright side of things.

What’s the use in going to forums and stressing yourself out with all the negative things?

I dont live in Philly. So there maybe a disconnect between us with regards to what is being fair. Living in a third world country, im used to tough times and working my way out of it.

Anyway, I hope you and your friend are alright. This too shall pass.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#397 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:52 pm

76ciology wrote:If we can ask Tobi to cut cost from his $30+M per year salary, then why not?

Where did you get this from? Tobias isn't giving back a single penny of the money that he stole, nor would the team ask him to do so.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#398 » by 76ciology » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:05 am

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:If we can ask Tobi to cut cost from his $30+M per year salary, then why not?

Where did you get this from? Tobias isn't giving back a single penny of the money that he stole, nor would the team ask him to do so.

I didnt say Tobi will give back a single money from his contract.

Im just saying that if we can ask Tobi to give back some of his salary then why not? Because i dont think you need $30+M a year to live as an athlete. It’s not like he is operating a company with millions of expenditures (like paying salaries to employees) that is struggling to get income on probably the worst economic recession in history.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#399 » by Monix » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Arsenal wrote:

Your vitriol is disgusting - how did Tobias Harris steal money?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#400 » by youngcrev » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:48 pm

76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

I didnt say Tobi will give back a single money from his contract.

Im just saying that if we can ask Tobi to give back some of his salary then why not? Because i dont think you need $30+M a year to live as an athlete. It’s not like he is operating a company with millions of expenditures (like paying salaries to employees) that is struggling to get income on probably the worst economic recession in history.

Josh Harris ain't exactly struggling. Or do you give back in the societal sense in the form of charity? Also... worst economic recession in history?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers