ImageImageImage

Miami Heat v Boston Celtics - Game 6, Sunday 9/27 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

EMC5466
Rookie
And1: 2,358

Re: Miami Heat v Boston Celtics - Game 6, Sunday 9/27 7:30 PM EST 

Post#1221 » by EMC5466 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:01 am

This is kinda off topic but man does Rachel Nichols ask some really stupid questions. You can tell Erik Spoelstra has no time for her and thinks she’s a moron.
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1222 » by somerandomdude » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:02 am

Wiltside wrote:Tyler Herro in the ECF:
19.2ppg, 6.2rpg, 4.8apg, 2.3tpg, 34.7mpg, 52.3%fg, 34.9% 3fg (2.5 per) and 100.0%ft

Bam Adebayo in the ECF:
21.8ppg, 11.0rpg, 5.2apg, 1.0bpg, 1.7spg, 2.5tpg, 39.0mpg, 60.8%fg and 77.8%ft

These guys are 20 and 23 years old respectively, and we got them at pick 13 and 14. Unbelievable.

Happy for these guys, but glad that Herro shot 50% or better from the field. I really think he should be shooting at this clip, but he fell shy of it for most of the season.

The one area that I've really seen him improve since the season ended abruptly was his ability to finish near the rim. You can tell he worked really hard on that area of his game and it's been paying dividends in these playoffs, especially against the Celtics. I also think, but can't prove it, that Goran Dragic has been huge in helping him out to become a more prolific scorer.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#1223 » by Rock Hardy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:08 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Big Bam Buckets, baby! Homie looked like he did it all. That's how you come up big in a clincher.

JIMBOOOOOOO! We got you your Finals appearance, bro. Now help us to get that ring.

Dragon! Keep them flames coming. We gon' need all that heat.

DRob keep gunning!

Iggy and Jae! Keep that 3 and D to dare the NBA to give EOY to anyone else but Pat.

Baby GOAT! Watch them TOs, but that confidence is gonna carry you far...drip drip.

I love this team. I'm setting my calendar. I'm re-arranging my schedule. I'm setting alarms to wake me up in the morning, so I can watch the Finals live. I owe it to this team to watch their games in completion, on the final stage. I'm ready, fam! Let's go HEAT!
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,736

Post#1224 » by Chalm Down » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 am

somerandomdude wrote:
19.2ppg, 6.2rpg, 4.8apg, 2.3tpg, 34.7mpg, 52.3%fg, 34.9% 3fg (2.5 per) and 100.0%ft

Bam Adebayo in the ECF:

These guys are 20 and 23 years old respectively, and we got them at pick 13 and 14. Unbelievable.

Happy for these guys, but glad that Herro shot 50% or better from the field. I really think he should be shooting at this clip, but he fell shy of it for most of the season.

The one area that I've really seen him improve since the season ended abruptly was his ability to finish near the rim. You can tell he worked really hard on that area of his game and it's been paying dividends in these playoffs, especially against the Celtics. I also think, but can't prove it, that Goran Dragic has been huge in helping him out to become a more prolific scorer.

I agree, I noticed that about Herro too. Goran would be a great person to learn from, I think he averaged Lebron-esque numbers at the rim during his peak in Phoenix
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1225 » by Chalm Down » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 am

EMC5466 wrote:This is kinda off topic but man does Rachel Nichols ask some really stupid questions. You can tell Erik Spoelstra has no time for her and thinks she’s a moron.

She's been ESPN-ified unfortunately, I remember she was better on TNT

I don't know how ESPN gets so much negative feedback about their programs and doesn't attempt to make it better. Maybe the views/money implies that trash sells though
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1226 » by Chalm Down » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:23 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I still don't understand this team. I thought Duncan starting in preseason was random Spo experiment for lols but apparently he's middle class man's klay thompson

gg spo/riley
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1227 » by somerandomdude » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:30 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Spoiler:
somerandomdude wrote:

Bam Adebayo in the ECF:

I agree, I noticed that about Herro too. Goran would be a great person to learn from, I think he averaged Lebron-esque numbers at the rim during his peak in Phoenix

Yeah, that's probably the best foresight move the Heat made (or didn't make) in not trading Dragic. I admit, I thought we should've traded Dragic, but he's probably the best available active player you could ask for to mentor Herro. As for a non-active player, I would love for Ray Allen to work with Herro. Pat really needs to get him a job with the Heat in some capacity just to have him in the gym.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1228 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:42 am

Bam Adebayo in the ECF:

Can't speak enough about Bam's toughness. Putting the Gm5 loss on him, stating publicly it wasn't his teammates or coaches fault and that the buck stops with him. He understands his importance to winning games for his team & knew he had to do better. Then when it counted & Boston were closing in in the 4th he went to work. Took initiative, put his head down & did what he vowed to do after failing to do so the game prior. That's leadership, that's character. Hell of a finish. Hell of a showing. Hell of a kid!
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,639

Post#1229 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Pat Riley wants nothing more then to beat this Lakers team and Lebron. He will be in his motivational bag for this one. It’s super personal and he has a dawg in Butler who will do everything humanly possible to try and win this.

ONE. SUIT.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#1230 » by zgope1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am

Wow I am so proud of this team. This is a really special moment and we should all enjoy the next few days of pride in what the squad have achieved.

At the start of this series there was a moment that symbolised the series. We thought Tatum was arriving, but Bam got to the top first. The block that set the trend.

The series ended how it started. With the print of Bam’s palm all over it. A moment came in the 4th where he just said “no, sorry, we are winning this game not you”. He was so impressive killing Theis one on one.

Credit to Spo for A. Replacing Dragic and Jae with Iggy and D Rob to close. D Rob’s shooting set Bam loose. The chemistry was on full display.

Herro was also cold blooded down the stretch. Great composure from the young guy punishing all of Boston’s errors. His attacking of Smart was so decisive and clinical.

This team has been merciless with its attack on Kemba. The poor guy got a pasting from our whole team.

This was a great coming out party for an incredibly exciting team with a great balance of experience a youthful exuberance. I love them
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#1231 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:46 am

Lilseb93 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This got me vibing

HOLY CHIT! This game be goosebumps!! Seeing Zo old school giving his all for the franchise, Riley soaking through his suit in sweat. That’s what I fell in love with this franchise. The Heat are the first team I chose in America. I was a middle schooler in Brazil and my uncle moved to Miami. Miami was the first city I ever stepped foot in America. He gave me a Heat hat, ugly by today’s standards, but I loved it. Started playing with the Heat on NBA Live 94...though I’d trade the entire roster because they sucked. Then the NBA started getting big in Brazil and Bandeirantes network started showing more NBA games other than the Friday night ESPN games. And that’s when I learned, like every Heat fan, to loathe the Knicks. I hate them so much that I’m a Tennessee Vol and when Allan Houston had his jersey retired by us, I booed him and yelled Let’s Go Heat! The Heat are my first franchise that I chose in America. My first love. So yes I’m over the top. Yes I trash the blueprint, fire and trade everyone but it’s out of love for this franchise that loved me back. For the franchise that gave me a warrior in Zo, a quick crossover in Timmy, a sharp shooter in Voshon Lenard, a baller who left it all over n the court in Brian Grant, a guy giving all he had in Caron Butler because we believed in him, a DWade who Damn, took us where Zo and Timmy couldn’t because their cast sucked, a Bosh who put himself aside for what was best for the team, a Udonis Haslem who gave up millions and millions to bleed for the franchise that gave him life. And last but not least, Pat Riley. The Don! Who time and time again rebuilt this franchise into a contender. Who many on here doubted snd said he should retire. No Don, please stay as long as you want. I want you leading this franchise until you breathe your last breath. And Andy “Buffet” Ellisburg, keep on eating my man. You deserve it!
I love you Miami Heat! I may not love all your players all the time, but you’re my love and I’ll never turn my back on you.

That being said, win or lose PHUCK YOU LEBRON! You ungrateful bratty biatch! This franchise turned you into a winner. You didn’t know how to win until you met Heat Culture. You cost us a ring when you made fun of Dirk and choked on a big one. That’s on you and only you. I truly hope, though I know it’s nearly impossible, that we can steal this ring away from you to make up for the one you stole from us. And then you had the balls to agree to go back to Cleveland and not be transparent to the franchise that made you into who you are, to not give any attention to the man that shaped you into a winner while you’re watching the World Cup? No. I don’t want your #6 hanging from the rafters. You don’t deserve the Miami Heat.
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,232

Post#1232 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:30 am

Just jumping in to congratulate you guys. Your team has shown both grit and skill, and your Finals berth is well deserved.

Beat LA.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#1233 » by Shootit » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 am

As I said in the bucks series game thread, this run has been the #1 Heat postseason run for me.

While we have had some memorable runs and wins, 2006, 2010-2014, those years it was expected we were going to be the favorites, or a top East team to watch. 2006 will always have a soft spot for me, the official arrival of Flash, Zo getting his ring here, Shaq, and the solid cast of Payton, JWill, Walker, Posey etc... The big 3 was a sight to watch.

This year? No one gave this team a thought, hell, even I didn't think they would be in the conference finals, let a lone the Finals.

The way this team has gelled, in one season, and 2020 drama, is something remarkable. There is no ball hogging on this team. No one player with a huge ego. Just 7-10 guys a night who believe in one another, and if someone is feeling it they let him ride. But if Jimmy is off for example, he won't shoot 20 times when he can find the hot hand. Guys have stepped up when needed. Herro, Duncan, Bam, Butler, Olynk, Dragic, Crowder etc all have stepped up at clutch times. It's a treat watching these games and wondering who will step up that game.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#1234 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:49 am

Isiah Thomas picked the Lakers in 5, Caron picked the Lakers in 6. KEEP THE HATE COMING!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1235 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:01 pm

There's just something special about Boston and Game 6. I love it!

SOLOMAN CHAMPIONSHIP TIME LETS GET IT
:hug:
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1236 » by IggieCC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Read on Twitter
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,496

Post#1237 » by Enso » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:We're going to get a Dan LeBatard rant for the first time in 6 years! I can't f'ing wait!

GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!

Here's the last one when we spanked our sons in Indiana in 2014 ECF:

When when when
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,496

Post#1238 » by Enso » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Duncan hasn’t been mentioned enough he made play after play on both ends in the 4th
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#1239 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 pm

I hated the zone in the first half and how slow Ducan was playing. Was the first time in the playoffs that I thought Spo wasn't adjusting. Second half he broke it up a bit and switched it a few times, Boston was lost. Ducan for his lack of D for much of the playoffs, came out strong in 4th QT and made some huge huge plays on D and with some timely 3's that really pushed up to the finish line.

LBJ is a tall hill to climb but for next 48 hours going to enjoy this. We are in the NBA finals.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#1240 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Enso wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:We're going to get a Dan LeBatard rant for the first time in 6 years! I can't f'ing wait!

GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!

Here's the last one when we spanked our sons in Indiana in 2014 ECF:

When when when

He said at the beginning he won’t do one...not sure if joking or not

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Return to Miami Heat