Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#521 » by Spud2nique » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:27 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Trade Ideas: Patty Mills and Rudy Gay into capspace.

Why for the Hawks? fills the PG and big wing/PF spot, still leaves flexibility for next offseason. Hawks still have $16 million to fill in the roster. Why for Spur - clears salary (if that's their route).

PG - Trae, Mills, Goodwin

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Pick #6 - have your choice and rework the position

Thoughts?

Looks good to me. Two solid, expiring, rotation vets for only cap.... Yeah all day.

Thanks a lot but I’m probably an idiot for thinking it and should be smacked around. :roll:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#522 » by Spud2nique » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

Why for the Hawks? fills the PG and big wing/PF spot, still leaves flexibility for next offseason. Hawks still have $16 million to fill in the roster. Why for Spur - clears salary (if that's their route).

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Thoughts?

Looks good to me. Two solid, expiring, rotation vets for only cap.... Yeah all day.

Thanks a lot but I’m probably an idiot for thinking it and should be smacked around. :roll:

It’s one thing to think it but I really shouldn’t want us getting Rudy Gay unless I want to impede progress. Next time I suggest this, please form an orderly line..

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#523 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:35 am

The Perfect Trade Target for Every NBA Team

Atlanta Hawks: Eric Gordon

The Atlanta Hawks scored 11.8 fewer points per 100 possessions when Trae Young went to the bench this season, signaling the team's clear need for more playmaking.

One player who could help while also providing some veteran leadership to a young team is Houston Rockets guard Eric Gordon.

Gordon is coming off a dreadfully inefficient 2019-20, but he still showed flashes of explosiveness when healthy. In January, he dropped 50 on the Utah Jazz.

He, of course, wouldn't be called on to consistently provide that level of scoring in Atlanta. Young and John Collins will still be the top two options. But having a reliable ballhandler on the floor when Young sits could push the Hawks offense closer to average (it was 26th this season).

And with Clint Capela now on the roster, Atlanta may have a stretch 5 with whom it can entice Houston.
Bleacher Report
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#524 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:45 am

Spud2nique wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Thoughts?

lol. You're right about R. Gay. Never been a fan. Like the idea, not the player
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#525 » by Spud2nique » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
The Perfect Trade Target for Every NBA Team

Atlanta Hawks: Eric Gordon

The Atlanta Hawks scored 11.8 fewer points per 100 possessions when Trae Young went to the bench this season, signaling the team's clear need for more playmaking.

One player who could help while also providing some veteran leadership to a young team is Houston Rockets guard Eric Gordon.

Gordon is coming off a dreadfully inefficient 2019-20, but he still showed flashes of explosiveness when healthy. In January, he dropped 50 on the Utah Jazz.

He, of course, wouldn't be called on to consistently provide that level of scoring in Atlanta. Young and John Collins will still be the top two options. But having a reliable ballhandler on the floor when Young sits could push the Hawks offense closer to average (it was 26th this season).

And with Clint Capela now on the roster, Atlanta may have a stretch 5 with whom it can entice Houston.
Bleacher Report

For the love of anything that’s good and holy don’t do this. I can’t watch EG go 3-14 every night with us. He’s probably one of the main reasons the Rockets didn’t get over the hump.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#526 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:43 pm

Shoot us out of games while simultaneously missing a ton of games. No thanks.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#527 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:47 am

Thoughts on trading #6 pick for Gordon Hayward, Grant Williams, #14, #24 picks in the draft?

G Williams could be our Draymond...G Hayward could be our Shaun Livingston.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#528 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Thoughts on trading #6 pick for Gordon Hayward, Grant Williams, #14, #24 picks in the draft?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

My thoughts - Let's break down the trade:
Do you think Hayward has positive value? based on contract status ($34 million and 1 year) and injury status? Boston is a team facing luxury tax implications - Boston should be paying us to take him. So if you sumise they are offering us pick #24 to take his deal, that leaves Grant Williams and #14. (Note: Mitch Kupchak noted that the offers he received for an expiring Kemba last year was a lottery protected 1st, I think that's a general baseline for guys like Dipo and Jrue, vets on expirings). So even if we offer the OKC 2022 1st for him, that leaves Grant Williams, #14 and #24 to get to #6?
Do you think Williams, #24 and #14 is enough to move to #6?
Making that trade leaves us with ~$6 million in capspace to fill in the rest of the roster.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#529 » by kg01 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:56 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Thoughts on trading #6 pick for Gordon Hayward, Grant Williams, #14, #24 picks in the draft?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

My thoughts - Let's break down the trade:
Do you think Hayward has positive value? based on contract status ($34 million and 1 year) and injury status? Boston is a team facing luxury tax implications - Boston should be paying us to take him. So if you sumise they are offering us pick #24 to take his deal, that leaves Grant Williams and #14. (Note: Mitch Kupchak noted that the offers he received for an expiring Kemba last year was a lottery protected 1st, I think that's a general baseline for guys like Dipo and Jrue, vets on expirings). So even if we offer the OKC 2022 1st for him, that leaves Grant Williams, #14 and #24 to get to #6?
Do you think Williams, #24 and #14 is enough to move to #6?
Making that trade leaves us with ~$6 million in capspace to fill in the rest of the roster.

I actually don't hate the premise - which is breaking news because I usually hate @jamallo's premises - but, the NBAmath of it doesn't make sense when you break it down.

Take heart though, @jamallo, I think we're on a similar page for once.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#530 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 pm

This one seems unlikely, but it was proposed by a T-Wolves fan site. Kinda makes me wonder if that franchise is ready for a new direction:

NBA Rumors: Karl-Anthony Towns Could Be Traded To Hawks For Clint Capela, John Collins, De’Andre Hunter & Pick

In order to have a realistic chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and contending for the NBA championship title next year, the Hawks obviously need to add more star power around Young this fall. One of the dream trade targets for the Hawks in the 2020 offseason is All-Star center Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves. According to Nate Ackert of Fansided’s Dunking With Wolves, Atlanta may consider sending a package that includes Clint Capela, John Collins, De’Andre Hunter, and the No. 6 overall pick of the 2020 NBA Draft to Minnesota in exchange for Towns.

Trading three core players and a lottery pick would undeniably be a tough decision for the Hawks, but it would be worth it if it means acquiring a player of Towns’ caliber. This season, he averaged 26.5 points, 10.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 1.2 blocks while hitting 50.8 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from the three-point range, per ESPN. Pairing Towns with Young wouldn’t make them the Hawks an instant favorite to represent the Eastern Conference in the Finals, but if they grow together and build good chemistry, they would have a realistic chance of challenging powerhouse teams [in the East].
https://www.inquisitr.com/6303361/karl-anthony-towns-hawks-2020-offseason-trade/
jayu70
RealGM

Post#531 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 pm

^ I think we talked about this before. Do we really want our 2 best players being bad defenders at PG and C? I guess most would point to the Murray and Jokic pairing to some extent.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#532 » by kg01 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Twolf fans will see that as insulting.

I'm not a kittyKat fan so I'd pass.
king01 :king:
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#533 » by myrak433 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:01 pm

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. KAT and Trae. All we would need is defense and rebounding at the PF (Derrick Favors,Marcus Morris, even Moe Harkless would work) and get backup PG Jeff Teague. We would still have Huerter and Cam. Maybe go all out and make an offer to Jerami Grant. Line up

Trae (Teague)
Huerter (Cam)
Grant (Cam)
Favors (Skal)
KAT (Dedmon)
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#534 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:36 pm

Sounds like Spurs have interest in Killian Hayes. Any thoughts on trading #6 pick for #11 and Derrick White?

Read on Twitter

We get the combo guard/secondary playmaker we desperately need. Plus still have a shot at drafting a young guy from a mediocre draft.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#535 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Sounds like Spurs have interest in Killian Hayes. Any thoughts on trading #6 pick for #11 and Derrick White?

Read on Twitter

We get the combo guard/secondary playmaker we desperately need. Plus still have a shot at drafting a young guy from a mediocre draft.

I've been proposing him or Murray (mostly Murray since he has a long term contract, White is RFA next year) and #11 for #6 for awhile. Spurs fan said we should include one of our wings as well, said we'll pass.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#536 » by youngthegiant » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:03 pm

Any interest in taking Gary Harris? You guys could use a defensive guard.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#537 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:07 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Any interest in taking Gary Harris? You guys could use a defensive guard.
Depends on the cost?
What are you looking to trade him for?
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#538 » by youngthegiant » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 pm

jayu70 wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:Any interest in taking Gary Harris? You guys could use a defensive guard.

We'd like to shed him for cap space.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#539 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:16 pm

youngthegiant wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

We'd like to shed him for cap space.

You'd have to send us a sweetner. I'm concerned about his salary ($19, $20 million) for a guy that can't seem to stay healthy, that basicaly cuts our FA dollars in almost half. I'm also concerned regarding the 2021 offseason cap with both John Collins (if he doesn't get an early extension this year) and Trae Young's early extension next year, our FA spending is limited.
I'd consider it though, depending on how this FAcy shakes out.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#540 » by Darthlukey » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:28 am

Jamaaliver wrote:This one seems unlikely, but it was proposed by a T-Wolves fan site. Kinda makes me wonder if that franchise is ready for a new direction:

NBA Rumors: Karl-Anthony Towns Could Be Traded To Hawks For Clint Capela, John Collins, De’Andre Hunter & Pick

In order to have a realistic chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and contending for the NBA championship title next year, the Hawks obviously need to add more star power around Young this fall. One of the dream trade targets for the Hawks in the 2020 offseason is All-Star center Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves. According to Nate Ackert of Fansided’s Dunking With Wolves, Atlanta may consider sending a package that includes Clint Capela, John Collins, De’Andre Hunter, and the No. 6 overall pick of the 2020 NBA Draft to Minnesota in exchange for Towns.

Trading three core players and a lottery pick would undeniably be a tough decision for the Hawks, but it would be worth it if it means acquiring a player of Towns’ caliber. This season, he averaged 26.5 points, 10.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 1.2 blocks while hitting 50.8 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from the three-point range, per ESPN. Pairing Towns with Young wouldn’t make them the Hawks an instant favorite to represent the Eastern Conference in the Finals, but if they grow together and build good chemistry, they would have a realistic chance of challenging powerhouse teams [in the East].
https://www.inquisitr.com/6303361/karl-anthony-towns-hawks-2020-offseason-trade/

Didnt the wolves go out of their way to get DLO to keep KAT happy? All in all, a pretty good deal if Wolves did want to move KAT, but you guys might be overpaying a little

Return to Atlanta Hawks