ImageImage

Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1361 » by LuessiT » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:11 pm

machu46 wrote:I don't think I'd take Wiseman in the top 10 tbh. I agree that Edwards is probably the wrong choice though.

I'm not in love with any prospect at the top. If I were put on the spot, right now I'd probably pick Hayes at 1. Imo Ball is an awful prospect to draft that high. I get that his skill set is rare and he's really good at what he does, but how does it translate to team building or winning? I don't think he can be one of your three best players if you want to win a championship.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#1362 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Honestly this is one of the strangest Draft classes in the top 14 lottery picks ... Even if I had No1 pick ... there is no clear - safe pick where you get a potential all-star ...

This is the Rankings I got from ... https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

(I disagree and I will soon post my Rankings or the players I like the most)

1. LaMelo Ball (high potential)
2. James Wiseman
3. Anthony Edwards
4. Deni Avdija (high potential)
5. Obidiah Toppin
6. Isaac Okoro
7. Killian Hayes
8. Cole Anthony
9. Onyeka Okongwu
10. Tyrese Haliburton ( Like )
11. Patrick Williams
12. Precious Achiuwa
13. Devin Vassell ( Like )
14. Tyrese Maxey
15. Kira Lewis (Like) Notes : 3 Level Threat 3pt, floaters, rim) , super fast 6'3 ws 6'6, Improv: 36.6 3P% needs to go to 38-40s
16. Saddiq Bey (Like) Notes : 3P shooter 45.1% , Good size and length , a young slim Crowder, bad handles can't separate from D)
17. Jalen Smith (like) Notes: Small ball 5 , needs to get stronger, rim protector with 36.8 3P%, needs to add weight to play 5.
18. Josh Green
19. Grant Riller (Like) Notes: 3 Level scorer, really good handles, 3p% 36.2 but most off the dribble. Bayless with better handles
20. RJ Hampton
21. Aaron Nesmith (Like) Notes : 3p 52.2 % shooter,no handles , not quick on D but uses length to recover. Middleton like
22. Aleksej Pokusevski Notes: a 7ft playing at the perimeter, a long project needs to become stronger to play 4
23. Tyler Bey (Like) Notes: 3nD a Jerami Grant, 41.9 3p% along with 6'7 w 7'1 wingspan, he really likes to play D.
24. Tyrell Terry (Like) Probably the best player in this draft class, with high floor and high potential. 3P% 40.8
25. Jahmius Ramsey (Like) NBA Ready Body, good fundamentals/length , good energy and confidence, 3p 42.6 BUT 64.1 FT%
26. Leandro Bolmaro
27. Theo Maledon
28. Desmond Bane (Like) a Brogdon with less playmaking but a bit faster and quicker release. 44.2 3p%
29. Tre Jones
30. Paul Reed

Second Round
31 Killian Tillie (Like) 44.4% 3p Kevin Love type 6'10
32 Rokas Jokubaitis (Like) Dragic like 40+% 3p
33 Jaden McDaniels (potential)
34 Mamadi Diakite
35 Cassius Winston (Like) Lowry like
36 Nate Hinton (Like) 38.3 3p% 6'5 high motor both ends
37 Jared Butler (Like) Deep 3p shooter 38.3%
38 Nico Mannion
39 Devon Dotson
40 Saben Lee
41 Zeke Nnaji (Like) Adebayo potential shoots the mid range well and 76 FT%
42 Malachi Flynn 37.3 3p% steph like pg playmaker, small size 6'1
43 Jalen Harris
44 Isaiah Joe (Like) Great shooter 6'5 off the dribble, one of the best shooters in this Draft Class (off dribble too)
45 Skylar Mays (Like) Brogdon type of PG, good overall, but can't penetrate, straight line
46 Cassius Stanley
47 Isaiah Livers (Like) Good Shooter 40% 3p , 90%FT Jabari like wing
48 Ty-Shon Alexander 3&D 39.9% 3p catch&shoot, really good D on ballhandler
49 Yves Pons
50 CJ Elleby
51 Xavier Tillman *23
52 Vernon Carey (potential) Good mobile strong big, a lefty, mechanics are there, shooting potential.
53 Aaron Henry
54 Jordan Nwora (Like) Good Catch n Shoot 40% 3p wing, not a playmaker, slow , but good on rebounds
55 Elijah Hughes
56 Trevelin Queen (Like) 38.3 3p shooter, 42.2% catch n shoot 3s , attacks the rim, good leaper, good on steals and open court 6'6 SG
57 Lamine Diane
58 Immanuel Quickley (Like) SG 6'3 Ws 6'8 42.8 3p shooter , catch n shoot but has a floater to attack close outs.
59 Mason Jones (Like) 6'5 9FTs 82.6% really crafty in paint, draws contact n fouls, 35% 3p shooter.
60 Myles Powell
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#1363 » by RiotPunch » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:So reports are out that the Bucks were one of the teams that interviewed Daniel Oturu.

Where does the board stand on him? Outdated post only, or the next John Collins? I wrote him off early, but he's actually made progress modernizing.

Poor man's Kabengele.

He's much quicker than Kabangele - who I thought was too slow for the NBA, and remember Kab came off the bench for FlaSt. The problem with Oturu - imo - is 2.8 to's per game vs 1.1 assists. But there is a lot to like about him. He was super-productive and started to show some range on his shot - made 7 of his last 11 3's. That could be a reason to compare him to Collins - who dramatically improved his 3. He's certainly got the physical ability to play in the NBA - with a real good frame. Like Collins, he's not a smart defender despite his good shot-blocking. I wouldn't complain if he's the pick - especially with Giannis to mentor him, and that's what he really needs imo - a mentor and a good organization - because he seems a bit immature when I've heard him talk.

Oturu may be quicker than Kab, but they are both ball-stopping bigs who disrupt the flow of the offense and seem to lack feel for the game. What does Kab coming off the bench have anything to do with it? I don't see more than an energy small ball 5 in him, and I would be pretty bummed if we spent a FRP on him. He ain't John Collins, even if he improves his shot. I would much rather have your Terp, Stix, an actual very good movement shooter for a big.

Compiled a bit of Oturu tape a few months back:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1364 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Just a horrible awful top of the draft.

I don't really get why Anthony Edwards is projected so high. Like other than physically looking the part what else is there to make him a top 5 pick? He feels like a guy who goes in the teens most years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1365 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:58 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Poor man's Kabengele.

He's much quicker than Kabangele - who I thought was too slow for the NBA, and remember Kab came off the bench for FlaSt. The problem with Oturu - imo - is 2.8 to's per game vs 1.1 assists. But there is a lot to like about him. He was super-productive and started to show some range on his shot - made 7 of his last 11 3's. That could be a reason to compare him to Collins - who dramatically improved his 3. He's certainly got the physical ability to play in the NBA - with a real good frame. Like Collins, he's not a smart defender despite his good shot-blocking. I wouldn't complain if he's the pick - especially with Giannis to mentor him, and that's what he really needs imo - a mentor and a good organization - because he seems a bit immature when I've heard him talk.

Oturu may be quicker than Kab, but they are both ball-stopping bigs who disrupt the flow of the offense and seem to lack feel for the game. What does Kab coming off the bench have anything to do with it? I don't see more than an energy small ball 5 in him, and I would be pretty bummed if we spent a FRP on him. He ain't John Collins, even if he improves his shot. I would much rather have your Terp, Stix, an actual very good movement shooter for a big.

Just pointing out that he was coming in either playing against backups or tired starters - and people likely overrated him for his production against them. Please forgive me if that wasn't the case with you.

I'd also take Stix ahead of Oturu.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1366 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:01 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Just a horrible awful top of the draft.

I don't really get why Anthony Edwards is projected so high. Like other than physically looking the part what else is there to make him a top 5 pick? He feels like a guy who goes in the teens most years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

He is a helluvan athlete, but I concur - in fact, I'd take some of the players who go at the end of the lottery ahead of him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1367 » by RiotPunch » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:02 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:[*]I don't get the Hayes hype.
[*]Maxey would be way up my list if he can shoot the 3. Love his presence/attitude.
[*]Josh Green's tape makes him look like the next Devin Booker. Wouldn't hate it.
[*]Kira Lewis seems to have everything we need in a guard right now.[/list]

- Hayes has shown dramatic improvement as an athlete and a defender. He also has very good vision/passing to go with off-the-dribble shot-making on offense. He can only go left, which is problematic, and still has some silly mistakes, but his defense + passing + shooting + size paired with his insane growth trajectory over the past 18 months is very promising.
- I encourage you to check out some EYBL footage of Maxey. His release point is a touch low, but I think he is a far better shooter than his Kentucky numbers indicate. He struggled to find his role/flow as a shooter having to coexist with Quickley and Hagans. Clutch pull-up shot-maker, he's got the goods.
- Josh Green and Devin Booker are nothing alike, IMO. Green is a stellar athlete, disrupts on defense and is a terror in transition. On offense, I worry a ton about his shot. He is a pretty good decision maker as a passer and should be a great slasher, although his finishing leaves a lot to be desired considering his athleticism/strength.
- Kira has been a favorite of mine. He is a mediocre decision-maker and you worry about his frame, but he is just a notch below that Fox-level speed, which is still game breaking. I like his shooting ability as well, would be cool with that pick.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1368 » by RiotPunch » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Ruzious wrote:He's much quicker than Kabangele - who I thought was too slow for the NBA, and remember Kab came off the bench for FlaSt. The problem with Oturu - imo - is 2.8 to's per game vs 1.1 assists. But there is a lot to like about him. He was super-productive and started to show some range on his shot - made 7 of his last 11 3's. That could be a reason to compare him to Collins - who dramatically improved his 3. He's certainly got the physical ability to play in the NBA - with a real good frame. Like Collins, he's not a smart defender despite his good shot-blocking. I wouldn't complain if he's the pick - especially with Giannis to mentor him, and that's what he really needs imo - a mentor and a good organization - because he seems a bit immature when I've heard him talk.

Just pointing out that he was coming in either playing against backups or tired starters - and people likely overrated him for his production against them. Please forgive me if that wasn't the case with you.

I'd also take Stix ahead of Oturu.

I basically just dislike Kab and Oturu for very similar reasons.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1369 » by LuessiT » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:07 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:[*]I don't get the Hayes hype.

- Hayes has shown dramatic improvement as an athlete and a defender. He also has very good vision/passing to go with off-the-dribble shot-making on offense. He can only go left, which is problematic, and still has some silly mistakes, but his defense + passing + shooting + size paired with his insane growth trajectory over the past 18 months is very promising.

Also: He's a long time pro. He's a legit contributer playing versus former NBA players like Bucks prized max-FA acquisition Greg Monroe. While he's one of the youngest prospects in the draft, he's also one of the more NBA-ready.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#1370 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:53 pm

I keep looking at mocks, and you just know Terry will end up on one of the Sixers, Heat or Celtics before we pick, and he'll become a star.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1371 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I keep looking at mocks, and you just know Terry will end up on one of the Sixers, Heat or Celtics before we pick, and he'll become a star.

I think he'd fit especially well with Philly at 21. They have 4 2nd round picks (including 34 and 36 - which I think could be valuable picks) if I'm reading right. You know they're going to be trading/consolidating or selling. I'm thinking players like Flynn and Pritchard ar 34 and 36.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#1372 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Yep, Terry won't pass from the Heat or the Celtics they will pick him up.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 791

Post#1373 » by drdrG » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:10 pm

The two intangible traits that aren't discussed enough in my opinion are BBIQ and effort/toughness. They are by definition hard to measure but it's easy to observe in certain players.

Among the top guys, I'd probably take Avdija first. I think he has the playmaking ala Lamelo Ball with the willingness to play team basketball. Sadly I think the Warriors will pick him and have three high level playmakers and passers in Curry, Green and Avdija to go with Thompson. They'll be hard to stop in the regular season.
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 791

Post#1374 » by drdrG » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Fotis St wrote:Yep, Terry won't pass from the Heat or the Celtics they will pick him up.

Sadly I think you're right. There is a row of GMs before our pick who I trust to take players that the Bucks would be fortunate to get.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#1375 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1376 » by emunney » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:23 pm

Jones is a really good defender. Not sure if any other part of his game translates in a meaningful way. Better college player than Duhon but I think that's the type of pro he becomes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#1377 » by machu46 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:23 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Highly doubt he'll be near the top of my list for #24, but he is a guy that I have some interest in, particularly if we end up with a 2nd round pick.

He wouldn't be a DJ Wilson level bad pick IMO. Really solid defender at the POA, shows some decent touch around the rim though his actual percentages are nothing special, and good passing vision. Big question is if his shooting this past season was a fluke or not as it was a monumental improvement over his freshman year.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#1378 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm

So I UPDATED the list with some Notes and who I like ...

This is the Rankings I got from ... https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

(I disagree and I will soon post my Rankings or the players I like the most)

1. LaMelo Ball (high potential)
2. James Wiseman
3. Anthony Edwards
4. Deni Avdija (high potential)
5. Obidiah Toppin
6. Isaac Okoro
7. Killian Hayes
8. Cole Anthony
9. Onyeka Okongwu
10. Tyrese Haliburton ( Like )
11. Patrick Williams
12. Precious Achiuwa
13. Devin Vassell ( Like )
14. Tyrese Maxey
15. Kira Lewis (Like) Notes : 3 Level Threat 3pt, floaters, rim) , super fast 6'3 ws 6'6, Improv: 36.6 3P% needs to go to 38-40s
16. Saddiq Bey (Like) Notes : 3P shooter 45.1% , Good size and length , a young slim Crowder, bad handles can't separate from D)
17. Jalen Smith (like) Notes: Small ball 5 , needs to get stronger, rim protector with 36.8 3P%, needs to add weight to play 5.
18. Josh Green
19. Grant Riller (Like) Notes: 3 Level scorer, really good handles, 3p% 36.2 but most off the dribble. Bayless with better handles
20. RJ Hampton
21. Aaron Nesmith (Like) Notes : 3p 52.2 % shooter,no handles , not quick on D but uses length to recover. Middleton like
22. Aleksej Pokusevski Notes: a 7ft playing at the perimeter, a long project needs to become stronger to play 4
23. Tyler Bey (Like) Notes: 3nD a Jerami Grant, 41.9 3p% along with 6'7 w 7'1 wingspan, he really likes to play D.
24. Tyrell Terry (Like) Probably the best player in this draft class, with high floor and high potential. 3P% 40.8
25. Jahmius Ramsey (Like) NBA Ready Body, good fundamentals/length , good energy and confidence, 3p 42.6 BUT 64.1 FT%
26. Leandro Bolmaro
27. Theo Maledon
28. Desmond Bane (Like) a Brogdon with less playmaking but a bit faster and quicker release. 44.2 3p% (Dan Majerle vibes)
29. Tre Jones
30. Paul Reed
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#1379 » by tski1972 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm

The guys I’m looking at in no particular no order...

Tyrell Terry
Desmond Bane
Jalen Smith
Aleksej Pokuševski
Leandro Bolmaro
Zeke Nnaji

Guys that I feel they should stay away from (just personal vibes)....

Jahmius Ramsey
Tre Jones
Josh Green
Nico Mannion
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#1380 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks