Doc Rivers fired

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Doc Rivers fired 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:58 am

Another big name coach hits the unemployment line. Interesting fact is Doc signed an extension last year.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Re: Doc Rivers fired 

Post#2 » by KF10 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:51 am

Rivers is an overrated coach.

Dude's main attribute is motivating his guys. Poor X&O's guy. Rivers would be decent as an assistant coach. But not as the main guy.

Needs a good roster to carry him.

I steer clear from this guy.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,570

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 am

KF10 wrote:Rivers is an overrated coach.

Dude's main attribute is motivating his guys. Poor X&O's guy. Rivers would be decent as an assistant coach. But not as the main guy.

While I agree he gets too much credit, he is a great regular season coach. I would think he could get the most out of this squad and could command respect from our guys. I wouldn't mind letting him coach the team for 3-4 years and building us up.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#4 » by KF10 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:57 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

While I agree he gets too much credit, he is a great regular season coach. I would think he could get the most out of this squad and could command respect from our guys. I wouldn't mind letting him coach the team for 3-4 years and building us up.

He’s fools gold, imo.

He is fine with the motivation stuff and stroking player’s egos but dude will crash hard if he manages a poor/lotto team like the Kings. There is a reason why a lot of the fans where Doc coached has turned on him and didn’t mind when he got outed.

I’ll look elsewhere.

Ride with Walton for another season and let him lead the tank.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#5 » by nolang1 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:46 pm

KF10 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

He’s fools gold, imo.

He is fine with the motivation stuff and stroking player’s egos but dude will crash hard if he manages a poor/lotto team like the Kings. There is a reason why a lot of the fans where Doc coached has turned on him and didn’t mind when he got outed.

I’ll look elsewhere.

Ride with Walton for another season and let him lead the tank.

That's a somewhat weird comment to make considering Rivers is the only coach to win COY with a team that didn't make the playoffs. Last year's Clippers team obviously overachieved a great deal as well. He's just achieved enough at this point that he'd rather not coach a rebuilding team, but that doesn't mean he'd be bad at it. The fact of the matter is that most NBA coaches are more or less competent in terms of Xs and Os and don't make a huge impact on a team's record.

Return to Sacramento Kings