ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolves and Warriors looking to move top picks

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Re: Wolves and Warriors looking to move top picks 

Post#21 » by Zeno » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:00 am

I wouldn’t do it personally but if our team thought there was a guy worth going after who am I to question it?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#22 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:26 am

Would either the Wolves or Warriors be interested in a package around Norm, TD, 29th pick? lol

It really comes down to the price. Any one of Edwards, Avidija, Ball would fit the Raptors well but I don't really love any of them either. Unless we get sweeteners, I wouldn't move Siakam or even OG for either of those picks.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#23 » by nabbs » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:33 am

The assets we are shopping at the deadline outside of sign and trades is Norm, Mccaw, Johnson, 29, 59.

None of them will get you in to the lottery.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#24 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:58 am

nabbs wrote:The assets we are shopping at the deadline outside of sign and trades is Norm, Mccaw, Johnson, 29, 59.

None of them will get you in to the lottery.

Johnson has negative value and McCaw, 59 don't have much value so I will leave those aside but Norm and the 29th pick have decent value.

It's not a lottery pick but I could see the Wolves be interested in Norm for the 17th pick.

I could also see a package around Norm and 29 could interest the Hawks for the 6th pick.

It might not be enough but it's not completely out of the question either.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#25 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:37 am

You know, a FVV + OG + two FRP for a Wiggins / Draymond and 1st overall would be a solid deal for us.

I'm clearly high on Anthony Edwards. I would put money on it that he'll be a great, great, swing. Has the length to terrorize SG's and has a great shooting touch. Don't know how people can't see his potential.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#26 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:07 pm

Still think we should be looking at a Lowry trade to Philly, assuming he wants to play there.

Lowry to Philly,
Horford to GSW
Wiggins and #2 to Toronto.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#27 » by ash_k » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:12 pm

as long as Masai is our Prez, I will be shocked if either Siakam or OG gets traded for American players!
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#28 » by Red_Claw » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:16 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Still think we should be looking at a Lowry trade to Philly, assuming he wants to play there.

Lowry to Philly,
Horford to GSW

Trading Lowry aside, you can't honestly believe that GSW would trade 25 yr old Wiggins AND the 2nd overal pick for 3 more years of Al horford starting at 34 years old @ 28mil per.....

You just can't....
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#29 » by StopitLeo » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:18 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Anthony Edwards is worth it.

I'd push hard for Draymond Green + the first overall for Siakam + picks.

That's a really really good trade for us and the Warriors as well in my opinion.

I would do this in a combination with another couple of trades. Especially if Giannis 2021 is looking legit.

Lowry / TD
Anthony Edwards
OG
Draymond
Ibaka

With whatever comes back for Lowry / FVV our way.

I don't like it. Edwards isn't one of those can't miss prospects; I'm not sure he'll even be as good as Pascal.

Plus, how tall is Anthony Edwards anyway? I've seen him listed from 6'2" to 6'5". I'm not really interested in another undersized SG.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#30 » by Zeno » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:24 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Still think we should be looking at a Lowry trade to Philly, assuming he wants to play there.

Lowry to Philly,
Horford to GSW

It would require more from Philly then Horford’s terrible contract for Wiggins and the 2. They’d have to throw in Thybulle and the 21st pick at least to convince GS. Not sure that would be enough even. Then as a Raptors fan, it’s probably a no because you’d be giving up a franchise icon for Wiggins who would eliminate any possibility of signing anyone with capspace in 2021. You need another team with capspace to take Wiggins. Maybe the Hawks for example.

Lowry to Philly
Horford, Thybulle and 21 to GS
6 and massive TPE to Toronto
Wiggins and 2 into Atlanta capspace

Not sure GS does that or the Hawks or Philly or us for that matter but it’s a little closer...
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#31 » by icoholic » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:35 pm

MixxSRC wrote:Siakam for Wiggins and pick

:crazy:
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#32 » by icoholic » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:35 pm

I'm in, let's trade proven talent for unproven talent!
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,283

Post#33 » by Brinbe » Fri Oct 2, 2020 3:37 pm

Only want Wiseman but is he really gonna be clearly better than Oturu compared to where they'll be drafted?
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#34 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:09 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Anthony Edwards is worth it.

I'd push hard for Draymond Green + the first overall for Siakam + picks.

That's a really really good trade for us and the Warriors as well in my opinion.

I would do this in a combination with another couple of trades. Especially if Giannis 2021 is looking legit.

Lowry / TD
Anthony Edwards
OG
Draymond
Ibaka

With whatever comes back for Lowry / FVV our way.

I don't like it. Edwards isn't one of those can't miss prospects; I'm not sure he'll even be as good as Pascal.

Plus, how tall is Anthony Edwards anyway? I've seen him listed from 6'2" to 6'5". I'm not really interested in another undersized SG.

He actually looks 6'5. He's tall, in fact I think he can do some minutes at the SF spot.

Edwards has the whole package. Oladipo / Donovan Mitchell / Dwade light. I see it.
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 775

Post#35 » by mulamutti » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:04 pm

Merit wrote:Let some other team gamble. If I were a developing team I would be doing my best not to help Golden State.

Also, these trades including Pascal are dumb. Stop with the recency bias.

Exactly. Also since people are so prone to recency bias, trading him right now will be stupid. Even if trading him is somehow beneficial to the team, do it at the trade deadline by when his performance has reverted to the mean, and this playoff run is seen more of a bubble-related anomaly.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#36 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:39 pm

Red_Claw wrote:

Lowry to Philly,
Horford to GSW

Trading Lowry aside, you can't honestly believe that GSW would trade 25 yr old Wiggins AND the 2nd overal pick for 3 more years of Al horford starting at 34 years old @ 28mil per.....

You just can't....

They might, they might not.

But what I do know for sure is they need a starting C and they aren't getting a better C than that for Wiggins and #2, which is the only tradeable salary they have to offer.

So yeah.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,331

Post#37 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:50 pm

I wouldn't trade OG for the #1 pick in this draft.

This draft smells and looks like the 2013 Anthony Bennett draft at the top.

I wouldnt be surprised if the guy Masai takes at 29 ends up being as good or better than many of the guys taken in the top 10.

There's a reason why everyone with a top pick is trying to trade it.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#38 » by ash_k » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:01 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:I wouldn't trade OG for the #1 pick in this draft.

This draft smells and looks like the 2013 Anthony Bennett draft at the top.

I wouldnt be surprised if the guy Masai takes at 29 ends up being as good or better than many of the guys taken in the top 10.

There's a reason why everyone with a top pick is trying to trade it.

I would not either but Anthony Edwards does look like a Donovan Mitchell in the making.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 20,998

Post#39 » by Chandan » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:34 pm

planetmars wrote:Problem with a top pick in a weak draft is that their contract won't be cheap. Could range from $5-7M. That's a decent mid-level contract. Draft picks can be pure gold because they have so much potential. But there is a risk if the potential ends up becoming fool's gold.

And most teams want to get a star type of player back for a top lottery pick.

Let the bad teams waste their pick on someone mediocre. Grab a pick from the 10-15 range and try to get a stud from there. Much cheaper in the short term, and less risk in the long term (ie, the trade value to get that pick won't be as bad).

as long as it's not a catastrophic bust, like anthony Bennet, teams will not need to try very hard to trade away a top 5 drafted player base on potential. that 5- 7 mil is still a attractive asset to have. Besides, you draft for potential and don't expect them to be produce much in their first year, by the time you realize these players won't pan out, they would probably be an expiring contract.

all in all, I think anytime u get a high draft pick its a good thing. there is no such thing as fools gold here.
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,434

Post#40 » by planetmars » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:52 pm

Chandan wrote:
planetmars wrote:Problem with a top pick in a weak draft is that their contract won't be cheap. Could range from $5-7M. That's a decent mid-level contract. Draft picks can be pure gold because they have so much potential. But there is a risk if the potential ends up becoming fool's gold.

And most teams want to get a star type of player back for a top lottery pick.

Let the bad teams waste their pick on someone mediocre. Grab a pick from the 10-15 range and try to get a stud from there. Much cheaper in the short term, and less risk in the long term (ie, the trade value to get that pick won't be as bad).

as long as it's not a catastrophic bust, like anthony Bennet, teams will not need to try very hard to trade away a top 5 drafted player base on potential. that 5- 7 mil is still a attractive asset to have. Besides, you draft for potential and don't expect them to be produce much in their first year, by the time you realize these players won't pan out, they would probably be an expiring contract.

all in all, I think anytime u get a high draft pick its a good thing. there is no such thing as fools gold here.

It can when you have aspirations to get a max contract and are running low on cap space to hand one out. And there is a stigma that top 5 picks have on rosters. You have to develop them. Which means giving them real time on the court instead of throwing them in the G-league to fend for themselves. That means less time for more established vets. Which could lead to more losses. And if they do not perform well, that potential is ruined, and most teams won't want that, or will only give back garbage value back. Just take a look at the return that Fultz got from Philly. And he was a #1 overall pick. Jonathon Simmons, first rounder from OKC (#21, in this years draft), and a second rounder.

That's a pretty bad haul for the #1 pick. And it's not like we can get a top 5 pick for Powell or Fred. It would be for Siakam or Lowry. It's not worth it IMO.

You could get better value at 10-15, and not have to pay as much to get that player. In a draft like this year's, that's better value IMO. Especially with a team with pretty good scouts.

Return to Toronto Raptors