Sixers new HC search thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Re: Sixers new HC search thread 

Post#901 » by agiaco » Thu Oct 1, 2020 10:47 pm

fl311 wrote:All I can say is FU to that PhillyPhilly douche

The good news is that if the Clippers hire Lue he might not be posting here any more
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#902 » by phillynative » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:19 pm

I wonder where doc sees Ben as
Point guard? Point forward or power forward?
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#903 » by cool93 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:29 pm

**** this organisation..

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#904 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:08 am

bball4life wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
bball4life wrote:So leading candidate as our new head coach is the only one whose team played even worse to expectations these playoffs than the Sixers. Awesome.

Well a year ago Rivers’ team exceeded expectations maybe more than any team in the league and Brad Stevens’ team was probably the biggest disappointment. If the Clippers met expectations this year Doc wouldn’t be available. It’s buying low.

While it is definitely nice to see the Sixer's buying low for once, I just don't see where this is the coach that gets the team to a championship. All those good Clipper teams from half a decade ago never even made it to the conference championship round!

Yes, he won the chip with Boston eons ago, but that team was LOADED. Hope I'm wrong. At worst, should be better than Brett. But I could say the same thing about almost any coach in the league.

Fair but on the other hand they beat the Warriors in 7 the year before they were champions, and beat the Spurs in 7 the year they were the defending champions. The West is tough.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#905 » by sixers hoops » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:26 am

phillynative wrote:I wonder where doc sees Ben as
Point guard? Point forward or power forward?

Doc will have a lot of big roster decisions to make, and I at least trust his judgment over Brett’s.

I can’t imagine he will be our primary point guard. They need to add shooting and a shot creator to the lineup, so getting a point guard to start would be ideal. I think offensively Ben plays a lot around the basket. Offensive rebounds. Maybe add a 12 footer. And a lot of getting the defensive rebound and pushing the ball in transition. Maybe work more as a roll man. Post-up, and some passing out of the post. I think the meat of his half-court offense hasn’t really been developed yet. He averaged 17 ppg mostly on what seemed to be transition, offensive putbacks, a few free throws, and some some drives to the hoop. His half-court offense needs a lot of work for him to be a feature offensive player.

I think Joel will setup in the post more, if that is what a more disciplined coach wants him to do. He can often be used as a spacer on the perimeter so he can get his breathers in. I just hope Doc stops the overdribbling from Embiid on the perimeter.

I think Tobias will guard fours but might play a little more perimeter oriented game on offense, if that is what this team needs. Not really sure how Doc used him in LA and if that style of play would transfer with our roster.

And I hope we move Horford and Josh for better fits in the backcourt. I would prefer to use Thybulle and Milton off the bench because we need some young bench depth. They are good rotation players, but to get this thing right, we could use two really good shooters in this lineup. Doubt Burks is back.

Someone suggested maybe try to get Holiday and Redick. Obviously, Paul could have interest in coming here with the Doc connection. Not sure how much influence Paul will have in where he is traded, but him pushing for a specific team would be significant I imagine.

Using Horford, Scott, Josh, Zhaire, and maybe a first to field a backcourt, ideally two starters, would be tough. However, a player like Burks was acquired on the cheap, so they just need to find the right fit of undervalued and/or overpaid to acquire, so this roster has a chance.

Josh Richardson was a better shooter in Miami. I assume he is done with us, but I guess if Doc likes him, he could be a possibility to stay. He was a pretty bad fit this year, so probably gone.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#906 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:34 am

Lol now you're puffing out your chest after YOU said everyone should "get used to the next hc being lue" not long ago????? :lol: :lol: EVERYTHING you've said lately has been on sixers twitter...but apparently some folks are too lazy to see for themselves smh. When it comes to FO changes...we'll see if you're for real or not..because right now I NEED TO SEE MORE MEAT ON THE BONE :D .
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,001

Post#907 » by eyeatoma » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:03 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:

Lol now you're puffing out your chest after YOU said everyone should "get used to the next hc being lue" not long ago????? EVERYTHING you've said lately has been on sixers twitter...but apparently some folks are too lazy to see for themselves smh. When it comes to FO changes...we'll see if you're for real or not..because right now I NEED TO SEE MORE MEAT ON THE BONE :D .
Man you're hopeless. Just stfu.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#908 » by PhillyNj » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:12 am

Sixers new starting lineup as is:
Pg. Ben Simmons
Sg. Richardson
Sf. Thybulle
Pf Harris
C Embiid
Will definitely win more games without Brown.
My guess. Is they’ll try and trade Horford ,Scott and Richardson.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#909 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:03 am

eyeatoma wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

Lol now you're puffing out your chest after YOU said everyone should "get used to the next hc being lue" not long ago????? EVERYTHING you've said lately has been on sixers twitter...but apparently some folks are too lazy to see for themselves smh. When it comes to FO changes...we'll see if you're for real or not..because right now I NEED TO SEE MORE MEAT ON THE BONE :D .

Why don't you take your pom-poms and go cry to someone who gives a damn about what you have to say? Smh at this dude capping for another poster...pathetic :lol: :lol:
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#910 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:10 am

eyeatoma wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

My man literally had every scoop hours before a single tweet came about. I'd love to know where on twitter phillyphilly is going to find these scoops with time stamps prior to fl311. In fact, I challenge phillyphilly to go find me just 1 single tweet that showed the front office wanting MDA when Brand wanted Lue, that was tweeted before fl311 came here and told us.

Find 1 tweet. Otherwise if you can't, then just stop flaming here. I've already got you blocked, but I still see quoted posts. Its getting out of hand.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#911 » by Stanford » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:11 am

This is a seriously unproductive conversation, guys.

Signed, even me, an unproductive poster
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#912 » by eyeatoma » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:12 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

Why don't you take your pom-poms and go cry to someone who gives a damn about what you have to say? Smh at this dude capping for another poster...pathetic :lol: :lol:

Capping for another poster? You have been insessantly saying the same **** about what he posts. Then you give these dumb requirements that prove himself to you. Newsflash nobody cares about it. He has given us great info, and we appreciate it. We already know your stance. Just chill and contribute to the conversation about who we have already, instead of continuously poking at this weird fascination you have about the authenticity of his inside knowledge. The last time we had an insider they left because people put a scarlett letter on him. Don't want the same thing happening here. I've been on this forum for 15 years. I've seen a few things.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#913 » by eyeatoma » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:14 am

Stanford wrote:This is a seriously unproductive conversation, guys.

Signed, even me, an unproductive poster

Agreed, I'm done, but it'll be seriously annoying if fl311 leaves because of philly philly.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#914 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:15 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

Can you stop? No one is "puffing out their chest" they are rightly pointing out you have been a huge jerk through all of this. Don't even pretend like if he heard that they were hiring the coach you like you would have been as rude as you were. Unfortunately he was saying what he heard and not what made you feel good. Calm down and find something else to cape for.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Post#915 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:39 am

We’re all just guessing here. But I think Doc sees us like between his old Celts squad (bigs+Ben as Rondo) of his Clips (Ben as DeAndre and Biid as BG).

Either way, I like the hiring. Doc is a qualified tactician to go up against the likes of Spo, Nurse and Stevens. Although I have some doubts on him (not totally confident) after his current clips squad underperformed this season.

It would also be stupid for Biid and Ben to think they are bigger than Doc. That said, I’d expect both guys to listen to Doc.

Anyone can explain to me how the Clips played this season? Where they trying to have a big line-up with Zubac and have Montrezl at C to play small? Did they have any problem with not having a PG (Beverly) thus they tried for RJ?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#916 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:41 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

Dont take this board seriously. These are all for discussions. Nobody gets an award for being right.

Take a break. Come back when you are not tilted by your emotions
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#917 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:02 am

Star center Joel Embiid was opposed to the idea of Lue coaching the team, according to league sources familiar with the situation. Sources said that Embiid felt that Lue was adjacent to Klutch Sports and was ‘resistant’ to the prospect of someone with a pre-existing relationship with Ben Simmons coaching the team.

Meanwhile, Simmons had advocated for Lue. League sources told The Painted Lines’ Brian Jacobs that Lue had been their primary choice since deliberation about coaching changes began.

LOL.. so the Biid for the MDA thing was just for Sixers not to hire Lue because Lue will again turn it to a Ben-centric team?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#918 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:31 am

Read on Twitter
:banghead:
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#919 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:50 am

Sixerscan wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Man you're hopeless. Just stfu.

Can you stop? No one is "puffing out their chest" they are rightly pointing out you have been a huge jerk through all of this. Don't even pretend like if he heard that they were hiring the coach you like you would have been as rude as you were. Unfortunately he was saying what he heard and not what made you feel good. Calm down and find something else to cape for.

I was blatantly insulted by two posters on this thread so why are you just responding to me? Yes i wanted Lue and that poster in question told the whole forum that "get used to Lue being the man they get"...it obviously didn't happen so why can't i asks questions about how trust worthy that poster is? You and others hated on me because i was the first one brave enough to call out yalls hypocrisy when it came to Lue's record...and i don't believe i've done anything wrong.

The fo made their decision..i'm fine with it because like i said before i like someone who is a proven winner rather than a proven failure like some folks were calling for....and now hopefully Doc will bring us the success we all want to see.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,156

Post#920 » by M2J » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:44 am

76ciology wrote:We’re all just guessing here. But I think Doc sees us like between his old Celts squad (bigs+Ben as Rondo) of his Clips (Ben as DeAndre and Biid as BG).

Either way, I like the hiring. Doc is a qualified tactician to go up against the likes of Spo, Nurse and Stevens. Although I have some doubts on him (not totally confident) after his current clips squad underperformed this season.

It would also be stupid for Biid and Ben to think they are bigger than Doc. That said, I’d expect both guys to listen to Doc.

Anyone can explain to me how the Clips played this season? Where they trying to have a big line-up with Zubac and have Montrezl at C to play small? Did they have any problem with not having a PG (Beverly) thus they tried for RJ?

Doc typically likes a point guard, but when they traded SGA, he was reliant on putting the ball in Kawhi and George's hands. A lot of pick and Roll, and Kawhi had his best assist year. But, I wouldn't say it is his preferred offense. It was however overall effective to be sure.

Since those 2 player and Lou have a natural tendency to play one on one. The offense had a lot of early offense and quick pace, and many early offense screen and rolls.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers