ImageImageImage

NBA FINALS Game 2: The Lebrons vs Miami 10/2/20 9PM EST ABC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: NBA FINALS Game 2: The Lebrons vs Miami 10/2/20 9PM EST ABC 

Post#961 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:28 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
domestic abuse charge last i heard, he may be bye bye from the league

yikes. I vaguely remember that now.

Okaro White? Justin Hamilton? Jarnell Strokes? Anyone but Luke Babbitt?

AD is playing way too comfortably outchea. Definitely need to put more bodies on him. Nothing dirty, just be more physical. That's the only way you can bother his game and I thought that was well known??? Not this hands free social distancing approach smh

we need bam :(

doesn't help that ad has been blessed with the midranger of prime bosh in this series though. was not like this all year (and yet was still top 5 player, which says something)

even with Bam this Laker size is handful. LBJ is about Bam's size or a little bigger smh

how did we beat Bucks handily? LeBron got this zone figured out is what the difference is I imagine. We need adjustments :x
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#962 » by oreon » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:30 am

nma305 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:
nma305 wrote:I have to say this also. Bam needs to take a shot in his arm, neck or whatever his injury is and get on the court. These opportunities don’t come often. You might never make it back to this point. I was extremely disappointed he did not suit up. Kobe, Jordan , Lebron, Wade, Udonis or any tough as nails player would be out there no matter what their injury was short of a broken leg.

Did you not read pregame that he and Dragic were lobbying to play and Spo shut them down?

No, did not see that. If that’s the case thats even worse for me to hear. I would like to see Spo tell Wade,Kobe,Jimmy,Bron,Jordan your sitting out this finals game. They would rip Spo a new one and be on the court. SMH

Nah I understand. It's game 2. If it were a normal series with homecourt, we'd be down 2 anyways. Now they have 2 extra days of rest. They are in better position to play game 3 if medical team oks its and there's no risk of a worse injury
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,736

Post#963 » by Chalm Down » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:31 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:yikes. I vaguely remember that now.

AD is playing way too comfortably outchea. Definitely need to put more bodies on him. Nothing dirty, just be more physical. That's the only way you can bother his game and I thought that was well known??? Not this hands free social distancing approach smh

we need bam :(

doesn't help that ad has been blessed with the midranger of prime bosh in this series though. was not like this all year (and yet was still top 5 player, which says something)

even with Bam this Laker size is handful. LBJ is about Bam's size or a little bigger smh

how did we beat Bucks handily? LeBron got this zone figured out is what the difference is I imagine. We need adjustments :x

healthy team vs bucks. I'm not going to say we would beat lakers with goran/bam, but I really think losing goran at the half broke the dam. We could have outlasted lakers' shooting when they went cold in the second half
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,347

Post#964 » by Bishop45 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:35 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:where is Willie Reed when we need him the most?

Yea', it must've been bad if it has kept him out the league

A shame, but good on the league if they've finally decided to stand on bn principles(I kind of doubt it)
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#965 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:37 am

oreon wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

yikes. I vaguely remember that now.

Bring back Dexter Pittman. He tried to layout lance that playoff game against the Pacers. I'm pretty sure it was Lance, cuz he was the one guy who was talking s##t the whole game

We don't need to resort to bush league. I mean Spo wouldn't do it anyways the league is a lot softer now than even back then. But there is nothing wrong with being physical. Box him out, double him, push him out of the paint, put a hand on his face when he shoots. He's not the best passer or creator. But he's a great shooter and crashing ORs/cutting is deadly. Gotta make him take tougher shots.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,753

Post#966 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:38 am

I don’t like reading too much into plus minus, but we were largely even in lineups that didn’t include Robinson, Meyers and Crowder tonight.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#967 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:40 am

IggieCC wrote:
oreon wrote:

Bring back Dexter Pittman. He tried to layout lance that playoff game against the Pacers. I'm pretty sure it was Lance, cuz he was the one guy who was talking s##t the whole game

We don't need to resort to bush league. I mean Spo wouldn't do it anyways the league is a lot softer now than even back then. But there is nothing wrong with being physical. Box him out, double him, push him out of the paint, put a hand on his face when he shoots. He's not the best passer or creator. But he's a great shooter and crashing ORs/cutting is deadly. Gotta make him take tougher shots.

AD getting way too comfortable. We are letting him do whatever he wants out there. Doesn’t help that he’s hitting 18-20 footers in iso situations but it’s largely because we’ve made him feel good.

If Bam can’t offer much offensively, I just hope he can laser focus on AD and rebounding. Reducing his impact a little and helping our interior defense would go a long way to us getting back in this series.

It’s kinda chit we’ve barely been in it. Feels like they’ve had double digit lead for like 90% of game time.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#968 » by Chalm Down » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:43 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:where is Willie Reed when we need him the most?

Yea', it must've been bad if it has kept him out the league

A shame, but good on the league if they've finally decided to stand on bn principles(I kind of doubt it)

yeah he probably just sucks tbh
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#969 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:43 am

Wiltside wrote:I don’t like reading too much into plus minus, but we were largely even in lineups that didn’t include Robinson, Meyers and Crowder tonight.

yeah that's a random trio but if Rob is shooting 2/7 from 3s and being tentative he is just a flatout liability.

Meyers is too slow for this battle. Crowder is fine but he can't guard AD one on one, AT ALL. He needs help he's too small.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#970 » by Chalm Down » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:44 am

Wiltside wrote:I don’t like reading too much into plus minus, but we were largely even in lineups that didn’t include Robinson, Meyers and Crowder tonight.

I need Duncan to shoot 10 3s, I will live with the results

Meyers has his token minutes and poor Jae has too much AD assignments. Hopefully a Bam return would help both issues
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#971 » by Chalm Down » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:47 am

smh me and iggs basically said same thing, what has this thread come to
oreon
Analyst

Post#972 » by oreon » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:48 am

IggieCC wrote:
oreon wrote:

Obviously not. It's the one thing I remember from those Pacers playoffs series. He did that one thing, got a flagrant and I don't think he played another minute.
But I agree we should be physical. If AD gets a rebound and goes back for putback, that should be a hard foul.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#973 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:50 am

Chalm Down wrote:smh me and iggs basically said same thing, what has this thread come to

why you copying my posts :x
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#974 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:55 am

oreon wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
oreon wrote:

Obviously not. It's the one thing I remember from those Pacers playoffs series. He did that one thing, got a flagrant and I don't think he played another minute.
But I agree we should be physical. If AD gets a rebound and goes back for putback, that should be a hard foul.

Yeah I don't remember but Lance probably deserved that elbow lol

Lakers are straight up beating us. We're battling, and playing hard. But yeah, gotta get physical. I think they did that though. After that UD speech, AD didn't score very much. Yup 0 point in 4Q. But the damage's been done by 3Q
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#975 » by Chalm Down » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:57 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:smh me and iggs basically said same thing, what has this thread come to

why you copying my posts :x

chit minds chit alike
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,959

Post#976 » by carnageta » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:42 am

Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That’s my coach.

Whether we live or die, I trust Spo. He’s earned it.

We’ll be back.
oreon
Analyst

Post#977 » by oreon » Sat Oct 3, 2020 6:02 am

IggieCC wrote:
oreon wrote:
IggieCC wrote:We don't need to resort to bush league. I mean Spo wouldn't do it anyways the league is a lot softer now than even back then. But there is nothing wrong with being physical. Box him out, double him, push him out of the paint, put a hand on his face when he shoots. He's not the best passer or creator. But he's a great shooter and crashing ORs/cutting is deadly. Gotta make him take tougher shots.

Yeah I don't remember but Lance probably deserved that elbow lol

Lakers are straight up beating us. We're battling, and playing hard. But yeah, gotta get physical. I think they did that though. After that UD speech, AD didn't score very much. Yup 0 point in 4Q. But the damage's been done by 3Q

I looked it up. It's because Lance did the choke sign to Bron when he missed a FT

You can understand why Riley was pissed by Bron leaving. No organization had his back the way Heat did. Riley had his spokesman tell Ainge to STFU when talking about Bron.
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,250

Post#978 » by wadenation305 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:23 am

We did better this time around, but no Dragic no Bam really couldn't expect much, and in fact we did better than expected given the circumstances.

Quick observation 2 games in. Forget a sg forget a pg, our number one priority should be a damn big that is mobile and can be at least respectable from 3 to pair with Bam, this year its AD next year it could be Luka and kp, or Denver with Jokic, we're too damn small for these big 5g towers. We did fine in the eastern playoffs because we didn't have to face teams that big with the exception of of the Bucks, and for all of Giannis greatness he can't shoot. Middleton and Lopez are not anywhere near as physically imposing as AD and Lebron. Versus the Celtics the only real big they had that they used wasn't physically imposing either with the exception of that one game where he has a fire lit under his bum and feasted. Lebron is basically Bam's, just like the Celtics had no answer for Bam, we have no answer for AD (and he's hitting crazy shots). Jae on a AD should not be happening, AD does not even see em in his vision when he goes to shoot and even though jae is really trying he's just not big enough to really bother AD, Beer keg Myers too slow and soft, Solo a bum, DJJ a toothpick and would either get manhandled down low or foul out in 5 mins and Oly is the only one that has size and lo and behold he slowed down AD a bit at the end (and Oly gave exceptional effort this game which he needs to keep at that level of intensity and turn it up another notch if we want to get back in this).

If Bam is going to be available next game I'd seriously change the starting line up to give us the best chance from the start, I'd do :

Nunn
Herro
Butler
Bam
Olynk

Nunn has shown signs of life and let's hope it stays that way and realistically the only option we have at pg to start.

At this point I trust Herro a lot more on defense than I do with Drob, and with him not hitting shots and not being able to open himself up for shots is really killing the team when he's getting passed around like a chew toy on defense, he's just not strong enough or fast enough. At least Herro can make something happen, he can hit the three, he can breakdown the defense, find his own shot and create for others in ways Drob simply can't. I also believe it would be beneficial for Drob as we'd bring em in to play against their bench where he might find a little more breathing room for himself.

Bam and Butler need no explanation

And Olynk is going to be our best bet to not stop a AD but make him feel us a bit more, Olynk has the funky herky jerk thing to the way he moves which tends to somehow confuse defenders into fouls, hit's the 3 and he's a lot more mobile and better on the defensive end than Myers. We just flat out need his size.

No more Myers, at this point I'd go full thibs and play Olynk into the dirt and he really needs a breather I'd throw Solo in for a max of two mins and it's right back into the fire for Olynk and same for Bam if he can go. If AD is in Olynk is in, if Bron is in Bam is in.

With that lineup all 5 players can create for the others, 3 can hit the 3pt, 4 can create their own shot, and it give's is the most size possible while keeping everything else balanced.

Zone cannot out main defensive, Lebron and AD are just going to park in the middle and have a BQQ dishing out plates and feasting. Man to man and do everything you can to make sure that if you loose it's not cause AD bodied us. If Rondo is gonna go Curry on us fine, if Carusso is gonna be Clay fine, but AD is not gonna fortnite dance on us and I know Bam is a competitor, he might not shut Bron down but I trust em to take him one on one on D.

P.s these ref's have been letting these people bulldoze right through us and calling the foul on us.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#979 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:16 am

Trying to convince myself that 0-2 is the expected result. LA holds “home court” and now it’s over to us do the same.

Bam coming back helps. KO and Nunn have got some confidence going. Butler is able to get his. We just need to figure out wtf we are doing defensively. These guys aren’t feeling us at all out there. We need to play with a more aggressive bent and play a lot more hard nosed, physical ball.

We are capable of getting back into this. They’ve thrown a couple haymakers but we are down and not out. Regroup, and come out with a true sense of urgency in Game 3.

If we can win the next one, Game 4 gives us an opportunity to even it up. Simply put, Game 3 is as must win as it gets.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,517

Post#980 » by AirP. » Sat Oct 3, 2020 1:56 pm

The Lakers win Game 2 124-114, taking a NBA Finals record 47 3's.
That's right, LA took TWENTY more 3s than Miami did yet only made 5 more 3s. Miami shot over 40% from 3 in their 27 attempts.
Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat