ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors mini camp

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Warriors mini camp 

Post#81 » by Little Digger » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:25 am

Toscano-Anderson said Poole is the hardest worker he knows..first one in the facility..last one to leave..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#82 » by azwfan » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:28 am

Scoots1994 wrote:Simmons making the roster would push out Tuscano-Anderson I think.

I know this sounds crazy but I liked what I saw from JTA and he showed some team leadership over the offseason organizing teammates at protests and such. I think JTA has the inside track on that roster spot.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#83 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:28 am

Jordan Poole is 100% Warriors. You know how Steph plays with "joy"? Poole has the joy gene too.

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#84 » by Little Digger » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:47 am

Steve Kerr also said “Jordan’s been the one guy in the facility just about everyday this offseason..“Physically he looks filled out ..Jordan’s had a great camp..He’s earned the confidence he’s playing with..You can just tell..He feels like he belongs...Usually the young guys make their biggest leap between years 1 and 2.”
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#85 » by Hopper15 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:03 am

azwfan wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Simmons making the roster would push out Tuscano-Anderson I think.

I know this sounds crazy but I liked what I saw from JTA and he showed some team leadership over the offseason organizing teammates at protests and such. I think JTA has the inside track on that roster spot.

Perfect candidate for a two way contract if he'll accept. Not quite good enough to be a regular rotation piece on a championship team. But nice to have in your back pocket to fill in in case of injury.

The 14 roster spots to go through most of the season are mostly filled or to be filled by the #2 and two free agents/tpe acquisitions. I also don't see Bowman on anything but a two way at best.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#86 » by Hopper15 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:10 am

Onus wrote:Jordan Poole looking like the back up pg. just need a back up wing/shooter and an aircraft carrier

Bring in a vet PG on a 1 year deal with the TPE and let Poole loose as the Sea Dubs PG for one more year of seasoning. He was looking decent at PG at the end of the season. He can get the occasional call up when Steph is on load management.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#87 » by Mylie10 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:33 am

If Toscano Anderson is in your main rotation, you are not contending for a Chip
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#88 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:38 am

azwfan wrote:

I'm with you on that. It sounds insane, but I think he'd actually be a pretty solid 3/4 hybrid if he could shoot over 35% from three. Everything I saw from JTA indicated that he knew how to play, where to be on the court, and when to pass the ball. He's just not a shot creator and he'll probably never be able to get to the hoop unless defenses respect his shot. But he looked solid defensively to me as well and rebounded with gusto. Sounds insane, but I found myself thinking that JTA couldn't have been that much worse than Livingston was in the 2019 Finals.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#89 » by freypies » Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:46 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
azwfan wrote:

I'm with you on that. It sounds insane, but I think he'd actually be a pretty solid 3/4 hybrid if he could shoot over 35% from three. Everything I saw from JTA indicated that he knew how to play, where to be on the court, and when to pass the ball. He's just not a shot creator and he'll probably never be able to get to the hoop unless defenses respect his shot. But he looked solid defensively to me as well and rebounded with gusto. Sounds insane, but I found myself thinking that JTA couldn't have been that much worse than Livingston was in the 2019 Finals.

Livingston was honestly terrible in those finals. I like JTA too, and especially Mulder. I think both can have solid niches on the team, assuming we can't find clear improvements.

Personally, I have not liked what I have seen from Jonathan Simmons the last 2-3 years at all.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#90 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:45 pm

freypies wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
azwfan wrote:I know this sounds crazy but I liked what I saw from JTA and he showed some team leadership over the offseason organizing teammates at protests and such. I think JTA has the inside track on that roster spot.

Livingston was honestly terrible in those finals. I like JTA too, and especially Mulder. I think both can have solid niches on the team, assuming we can't find clear improvements.

Personally, I have not liked what I have seen from Jonathan Simmons the last 2-3 years at all.

Mulder is going to make the team. He’s the first high volume three point shooter the Warriors have found outside of Steph/Klay/KD. Wish he was an inch or two taller, but if he’s the smallest guy in the court at 6’4-6’5 and you have Draymond running point forward with shooters, you’ll be fine defensively. In a tiny sample size, ESPN’s BPM has Mulder as a top 20 player in the NBA and his value came overwhelmingly on defense, which is encouraging.

I looked up Livingston’s impact numbers after making that first post to see if it matched the eye test, and yikes. I couldn’t find numbers for the playoffs, but Livingston was in the bottom 100 or so in PIPM. The only Warriors that ranked lower than him were Cook and Bell. Even Evans ranked better.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#91 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:50 pm

Mylie10 wrote:If Toscano Anderson is in your main rotation, you are not contending for a Chip

Not trying to say they are parallel, but one player's first season vs another player's first season. I think this proves at least that a rookie season doesn't determine a career or how much they can mean to a contender.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Juan+Toscano-Anderson&player_id1_select=Juan+Toscano-Anderson&player_id1=toscaju01&p1yrfrom=2020&player_id2_hint=Dennis+Rodman&player_id2_select=Dennis+Rodman&player_id2=rodmade01&p2yrfrom=1987&player_id3_hint=Draymond+Green&player_id3_select=Draymond+Green&player_id3=greendr01&idx=bbr__players&p3yrfrom=2013
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#92 » by freypies » Sun Oct 4, 2020 5:05 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
freypies wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Mulder is going to make the team. He’s the first high volume three point shooter the Warriors have found outside of Steph/Klay/KD. Wish he was an inch or two taller, but if he’s the smallest guy in the court at 6’4-6’5 and you have Draymond running point forward with shooters, you’ll be fine defensively. In a tiny sample size, ESPN’s BPM has Mulder as a top 20 player in the NBA and his value came overwhelmingly on defense, which is encouraging.

I looked up Livingston’s impact numbers after making that first post to see if it matched the eye test, and yikes. I couldn’t find numbers for the playoffs, but Livingston was in the bottom 100 or so in PIPM. The only Warriors that ranked lower than him were Cook and Bell. Even Evans ranked better.

Agree with what you are saying, Livingston was just completely washed by last season.

As for Evans, I'm sure he would have been much lower if he played more games lol, the low minutes helped him not be ranked too severely by impact metrics.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#93 » by Mylie10 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 6:30 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:If Toscano Anderson is in your main rotation, you are not contending for a Chip

Not trying to say they are parallel, but one player's first season vs another player's first season. I think this proves at least that a rookie season doesn't determine a career or how much they can mean to a contender.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Juan+Toscano-Anderson&player_id1_select=Juan+Toscano-Anderson&player_id1=toscaju01&p1yrfrom=2020&player_id2_hint=Dennis+Rodman&player_id2_select=Dennis+Rodman&player_id2=rodmade01&p2yrfrom=1987&player_id3_hint=Draymond+Green&player_id3_select=Draymond+Green&player_id3=greendr01&idx=bbr__players&p3yrfrom=2013

I get you but I’ve been watching Anderson for two or three seasons. He’s been on SC for that long.

What he is is a really good hustle guy. Like legit hustle guy. But he’s more often out of control than in control. And for every good play he makes, he’ll have two or three mistakes. He’s an inefficient scorer. He’s a really good rebounder for his size though. Part of that being hustle.

I like the kid. Really good guy. But he’s not good enough to be a key piece on a legit title contender.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:24 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I get you but I’ve been watching Anderson for two or three seasons. He’s been on SC for that long.

What he is is a really good hustle guy. Like legit hustle guy. But he’s more often out of control than in control. And for every good play he makes, he’ll have two or three mistakes. He’s an inefficient scorer. He’s a really good rebounder for his size though. Part of that being hustle.

I like the kid. Really good guy. But he’s not good enough to be a key piece on a legit title contender.

And I generally agree, I just have seen enough players struggle but still able to develop into contributing.

I want the Warriors to keep trying to develop young guys with the bottom 5 spots on the roster.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#95 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:52 pm

If Paschall is the 8th man on the depth cart....Warriors are in good shape.

Warriors need to bring in a TPE player, mid level, draft pick or trade pick for vet....so guys like Jordan Poole and Paschall are ecstatic to get any playing time :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#96 » by Onus » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:58 pm

Steve Kerr said that Simmons looked good in the mini camp and that we’re really lacking any type of wing presence.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#97 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:40 am

Simmons looked like a beast a few years ago....Anyone know why he fell off the earth?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#98 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:04 am

I can envision the Warriors wanting to add 3-4 rotation guys. So #2, TPE, MLE, and Vet Min

Steph
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
#2 Wiseman

TPE - Winslow
MLE - Crowder (Draymond just recruited him)
Vet Min - Reddick
Paschall
Looney
Chriss
Poole

That leaves Lee, Mulder, Bowman, and Smiley on the bubble.

Steph Klay and Reddick always have a guy on the floor working hard for open looks. Prolific three point shooting.

With Winslow you have a big back up point guard who can provide excellent wing defense. Poole would pick up scrap minutes when not in Santa Cruz.

Crowder and Paschall backup the forward spots with offense and defense. Big physical forward/wings.

At center we have versatility with Wiseman being our big lengthy center. Chriss as the high energy athletic undersized forward. And Looney, who can be trusted to play really good defense, especially when healthy.

A forward rotation of Wiggins, Draymond, Crowder, and Paschall is nice. And Winslow fits that mold as well.

Could still use a scat type point guard, but maybe Poole becomes that guy. Bowman or Mulder outside chance. Lee would be on the outs most likely if this played out.

Crowder
Khoee wrote “
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#99 » by whatisacenter » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:54 am

Mylie10 wrote:I can envision the Warriors wanting to add 3-4 rotation guys. So #2, TPE, MLE, and Vet Min

Steph
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
#2 Wiseman

TPE - Winslow
MLE - Crowder (Draymond just recruited him)
Vet Min - Reddick
Paschall
Looney
Chriss
Poole

That leaves Lee, Mulder, Bowman, and Smiley on the bubble.

Steph Klay and Reddick always have a guy on the floor working hard for open looks. Prolific three point shooting.

With Winslow you have a big back up point guard who can provide excellent wing defense. Poole would pick up scrap minutes when not in Santa Cruz.

Crowder and Paschall backup the forward spots with offense and defense. Big physical forward/wings.

At center we have versatility with Wiseman being our big lengthy center. Chriss as the high energy athletic undersized forward. And Looney, who can be trusted to play really good defense, especially when healthy.

A forward rotation of Wiggins, Draymond, Crowder, and Paschall is nice. And Winslow fits that mold as well.

Could still use a scat type point guard, but maybe Poole becomes that guy. Bowman or Mulder outside chance. Lee would be on the outs most likely if this played out.

Crowder

I like a lot of this and I would be stoked if Draymond could recruit Crowder but I believe Redick is under contract for another year at $13mil. Winslow and Barton from Denver, who I prefer, both have health concerns but I would take a chance on either one.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:03 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Simmons looked like a beast a few years ago....Anyone know why he fell off the earth?

1. He left San Antonio
2. He went to Orlando
3. He was mis-used
4. He played a LOT more minutes and kind of broke down

Return to Golden State Warriors