Sixers new HC search thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Re: Sixers new HC search thread 

Post#921 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 9:58 am

M2J wrote:
76ciology wrote:We’re all just guessing here. But I think Doc sees us like between his old Celts squad (bigs+Ben as Rondo) of his Clips (Ben as DeAndre and Biid as BG).

Either way, I like the hiring. Doc is a qualified tactician to go up against the likes of Spo, Nurse and Stevens. Although I have some doubts on him (not totally confident) after his current clips squad underperformed this season.

It would also be stupid for Biid and Ben to think they are bigger than Doc. That said, I’d expect both guys to listen to Doc.

Anyone can explain to me how the Clips played this season? Where they trying to have a big line-up with Zubac and have Montrezl at C to play small? Did they have any problem with not having a PG (Beverly) thus they tried for RJ?

Doc typically likes a point guard, but when they traded SGA, he was reliant on putting the ball in Kawhi and George's hands. A lot of pick and Roll, and Kawhi had his best assist year. But, I wouldn't say it is his preferred offense. It was however overall effective to be sure.

Since those 2 player and Lou have a natural tendency to play one on one. The offense had a lot of early offense and quick pace, and many early offense screen and rolls.

Hmm..

The more i think about Doc and watching the Heat. I think we’ll run a lot of screeners with the ball (DHO) or some action with both guys being screeners off the ball. Difference between us and the Heat is our roster is not only more talented but also can play big or small. It’s a matter of our guys being “all in” and a coach who can put all the talent together
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#922 » by Eyeamok » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:49 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter
:banghead:

Well the other day I had to do some work around the house that would need a contractor. I called several guys. By the time the 4th guy game in to give me a quote. I knew what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. I liked his presentation and boom boom boom the deal was done and contracts were signed in no time. Now to the outside world it may have looked like it was done quickly but if you do your homework you know what your looking for and you know it when you see it.

You want to talk about not doing your research. How about the chitshow that was the hiring of BC after a long intensive search.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#923 » by stormi » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:53 pm

Maximizing Tobias Harris, and adding at least a new dimension to Ben and Joel already makes Doc clear for me.

It's up to Brand now to flip Horford and alleviate himself of his mistake without getting robbed of assets
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#924 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:58 pm

What stormi said. Optimize what we can get in return for Horford/Richardson and call it a day. Not to mention getting rid of the BC leftovers.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM

Post#925 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:07 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well the other day I had to do some work around the house that would need a contractor. I called several guys. By the time the 4th guy game in to give me a quote. I knew what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. I liked his presentation and boom boom boom the deal was done and contracts were signed in no time. Now to the outside world it may have looked like it was done quickly but if you do your homework you know what your looking for and you know it when you see it.

You want to talk about not doing your research. How about the chitshow that was the hiring of BC after a long intensive search.

He turned the Raps and the Suns around and in those two stints he won executive of the year award? So it’s not like just got lucky when he won it the first time around like Tyrone Lue as a coach? That’s more like a player who won 2x MVP awards (think Giannis). It’s not like we hired the 16 year old son of a guy who is the friend of the team’s owners. BC has more accolades and experience as a General Manager than both Hinkie and Brand, combined.

Could we have hired someone better? Sure. Anything is possible.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#926 » by mhunt » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:47 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:What stormi said. Optimize what we can get in return for Horford/Richardson and call it a day. Not to mention getting rid of the BC leftovers.

Something involving Hield would probably work for both teams. I've read Hield + Parker for Al & J-Rich elsewhere...but there's another thread for that talk. I agree that big moves are unlikely this offseason.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#927 » by stormi » Fri Oct 2, 2020 9:17 pm

mhunt wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:What stormi said. Optimize what we can get in return for Horford/Richardson and call it a day. Not to mention getting rid of the BC leftovers.

Something involving Hield would probably work for both teams. I've read Hield + Parker for Al & J-Rich elsewhere...but there's another thread for that talk. I agree that big moves are unlikely this offseason.

never seen a player so blatantly ask to join one specific team before
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#928 » by Eyeamok » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:56 pm

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

He turned the Raps and the Suns around and in those two stints he won executive of the year award? So it’s not like just got lucky when he won it the first time around like Tyrone Lue as a coach? That’s more like a player who won 2x MVP awards (think Giannis). It’s not like we hired the 16 year old son of a guy who is the friend of the team’s owners. BC has more accolades and experience as a General Manager than both Hinkie and Brand, combined.

Could we have hired someone better? Sure. Anything is possible.

All of BC accomplishments are true. But it does not take away the fact that the 76ers did not do a search for a GM or even wonder why, with all of his great credentials, has BC not had a job in the NBA for a few years. They went on the recommendation of his father and then said his father had nothing to do with him getting the job. You can be accomplished but your time may have passed.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#929 » by Eyeamok » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:57 pm

stormi wrote:
mhunt wrote:

Buddy will never be a 76ers he is trying to hard.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#930 » by 76ciology » Sun Oct 4, 2020 5:27 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
stormi wrote:
mhunt wrote:

Buddy will never be a 76ers he is trying to hard.

That was the exact tweet i referring too! :lol:
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#931 » by nitocobola » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 am

sorry wrong thread
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#932 » by nitocobola » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:43 am

sry wrong thread