Isaiah Thomas Underwent Resurfacing Surgery On Hip In May

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Isaiah Thomas Underwent Resurfacing Surgery On Hip In May 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:39 pm

Isaiah Thomas underwent resurfacing surgery on his right hip in May and will be ready for the start of the 20-21 season.

Thomas has dealt with hip issues since 2017.

Thomas has played for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angels Lakers, Denver Nuggets and Washington Wizards since he was a two-time All-Star with the Boston Celtics. 

"It's like night and day for me," Thomas told ESPN. "There's no more pain. I've got my full range of motion. For three years, I was trying to play the best players in the world on one leg. I needed help from my kids to put my socks on in the morning.

"Now, I can lift weights. I can squat low. I can work out twice a day. I'm able to cut and move and stop, able to cut and go. I feel like I'm 31 years old again. And now, I have scientific evidence to show that."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Re: Isaiah Thomas Underwent Resurfacing Surgery On Hip In May 

Post#2 » by LaRance » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:12 pm

Isaiah is done but I'm glad he's healthy
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,035

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:30 pm

I could tell he needed surgery, I wish he did it sooner. He still has crap ton of skill to rely on, I would sign him if im a team with a great defense that needs scoring
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#4 » by objectivefan » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:55 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:I could tell he needed surgery, I wish he did it sooner. He still has crap ton of skill to rely on, I would sign him if im a team with a great defense that needs scoring

before any athlete considers playing with an injury they need to look this guy up first as a point of reference

with that said, too many injuries have slowed him down to the point where his minutes have to limited before other teams take advantage of him defensively.

In his prime, his offensive skill outweighed his lack of height and defensive skills but now I am not sure that is the case.

Danny Ainge strung him along until he didn't have to pay him.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 1:48 am

Unless the surgery added a few inches to his height, it’s not helping his career resume. At least his quality of life has improved.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#6 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:40 pm

objectivefan wrote:Danny Ainge strung him along until he didn't have to pay him.

So the player himself says he played on one leg the last three years, but you conclude that Ainge forced him to play back then?

You might want to rethink your username. 'Celtic-Hater' might be an option.

Return to Wiretap Discussion