ImageImageImage

Jimmy Beatles v. LEBBYWINKS-- Mas. RAD turn me back up real QUICK 10/6 RadiMadi 9.00pm Eastan les Time

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,527

Re: Jimmy Beatles v. LEBBYWINKS-- Mas. RAD turn me back up real QUICK 10/6 RadiMadi 9.00pm Eastan les Time 

Post#1501 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:41 am

HeatingUp3 wrote:7:33 an here and cant sleep. Either way dou, we can be happy. As much as losing a championship hurts, We have bright future. We need anothwe scoring punch. I belive we gonna get a big time player sooner then later. We could won this series. Too bad the team was a no show for 2 games. Still not over dou. If we win game 5 its open another door.

More than likely Miami will run it back with a retooled Bucks team to counter what Miami did to them in the playoffs, Brooklyn will have KD and Kyrie healthy and Boston will continue to get better and possibly fix their issues at center, you can never just sit back, that's what Philly did and they got worse and also, the East is getting better.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Re: Jimmy Beatles v. LEBBYWINKS-- Mas. RAD turn me back up real QUICK 10/6 RadiMadi 9.00pm Eastan les Time 

Post#1502 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:42 am

Vertical Limit wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:I like Nunn but I just cant do it anymore. We gotta sell as high as we can this offseason. What could Nunn+ 20 give us?

Ill attach Duncan with him.. duncan is a one trick pony.. and Spoelstra has created that kind of player over a hundred times.. if some team bites, they can have both. There hasnt been a player Spo has faiked to turn into a good 3 point shooter. Hell he could make Ben Simmons hit 35% from 3

What this team lacked this nba finals is a veteran scorer, which is what Dragic was for us.

Replace Nunn with any proven vet scorer, like a JJ Reddick, and we are tied right now.

With that said, we have a very bright future.

Duncan had a top 5 shooting season of all time. And we have him for pretty much no cost. His 1 trick gives him more value than alot of these 2 way players in a similar role. I say get his confidence back up and hope he works his ass off on getting better on defense. Nunn's issue is BBIQ that's hard to fix. Its 1 thing to play him 15 minutes a game and look for a spark but he played almost 30 minutes It wasnt even that he was terrible but he definitely wasnt good. Never felt good about when he had the ball.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,755

Post#1503 » by Wiltside » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:44 am

Jimmy is averaging:

27.5ppg, 7.8rpg, 10.0apg, 2.0spg, 0.8bpg, 41.5mpg on 55% shooting and 91%FT.

He literally can't do much more than that. He's essentially matching LeBron James' numbers and impact.

Yeah there's times where we'd like him to be more aggressive, but he has one of the best defenses in the leagues full attention and he's playing big minutes. He can't do it alone.

We're down our previously leading scorer in the playoffs and other offensive threat in Goran, and until today we didn't have Bam either. It's not easy.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1504 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:45 am

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:
carnageta wrote:But if he passed up that you would be flaming him right now for not shooting it.

He was wide open and in rhythm with his dribble. It was a good attempt.. Just didn’t go our way.

FYI - We defended the proceeding fast break well. You either give up an open lane to Lebron or you force him to kick it out to a shooter. We forced the latter and KCP made one hell of a shot. It happens. It’s basketball.

It was a bad shot, he wasn't in a shooting groove at that point, it was out of nowhere. Had he hit one or 2 shots before that and thought he was "hot" sure, go for it, it's a bad shot but at least it would be a heat check but that wasn't the case.

Bro he was wide open. They were locking down the paint and he was taking a wide open corner three (which statistically is the most efficient 3). Give it a rest.

You’re complaining he wasn’t being aggressive enough but you’re also complaining he shot the ball? It wasn’t a bad shot at all. You take open corner threes and live with the result.

It wasn't a bad shot at by a player who doesn't take many 3s even when left open and hadn't hadn't hit a jump shot recently, that's a bad shot.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,879

Post#1505 » by HeatingUp3 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:47 am

AirP. wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:7:33 an here and cant sleep. Either way dou, we can be happy. As much as losing a championship hurts, We have bright future. We need anothwe scoring punch. I belive we gonna get a big time player sooner then later. We could won this series. Too bad the team was a no show for 2 games. Still not over dou. If we win game 5 its open another door.

More than likely Miami will run it back with a retooled Bucks team to counter what Miami did to them in the playoffs, Brooklyn will have KD and Kyrie healthy and Boston will continue to get better and possibly fix their issues at center, you can never just sit back, that's what Philly did and they got worse and also, the East is getting better.

This is why i said we need another star. Herro and Bam gonna be better, we are a young team and have un NBA finals expirience now. We gonna stand againts anyone. And Kyrie probebly gonna get injured again and if not, his ego will stop the Nets by itself IMO.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,998

Post#1506 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:47 am

Vertical Limit wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:I like Nunn but I just cant do it anymore. We gotta sell as high as we can this offseason. What could Nunn+ 20 give us?

Ill attach Duncan with him.. duncan is a one trick pony.. and Spoelstra has created that kind of player over a hundred times.. if some team bites, they can have both. There hasnt been a player Spo has faiked to turn into a good 3 point shooter. Hell he could make Ben Simmons hit 35% from 3

What this team lacked this nba finals is a veteran scorer, which is what Dragic was for us.

Replace Nunn with any proven vet scorer, like a JJ Reddick, and we are tied right now.

Thats how OKC felt when they went to the finals. They clearly had more talented players than us now and they never made it to the Finals again. Unless we make massive one year deals for Dragic and Crowder i dont see the team coming back, and honestly we should be looking at upgrading. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, and we know Pat so i expect major moves.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1507 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:51 am

Wiltside wrote:Jimmy is averaging:

He literally can't do much more than that. He's essentially matching LeBron James' numbers and impact.

Yeah there's times where we'd like him to be more aggressive, but he has one of the best defenses in the leagues full attention and he's playing big minutes. He can't do it alone.

We're down our previously leading scorer in the playoffs and other offensive threat in Goran, and until today we didn't have Bam either. It's not easy.

Didn't we argue about game 2 where I said he could do more... and then he did in game 3? If he's aggressive he can score at a good clip but for some reason he's normally passive.

In the 3 losses he's averaging just over 23 points, the 1 win 40. Nobody was scoring well tonight, he needed to take over and just didn't.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1508 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:53 am

HeatingUp3 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

This is why i said we need another star. Herro and Bam gonna be better, we are a young team and have un NBA finals expirience now. We gonna stand againts anyone. And Kyrie probebly gonna get injured again and if not, his ego will stop the Nets by itself IMO.

Is Miami getting a star this offseason or are they going to wait till the 2021 offseason? It was important enough to keep that cap space that they said no to extending Gallo for 3 years so they didn't trade for him... which also possibly cost Miami a championship, he would have helped greatly in the playoffs and especially in the finals. I hate seeing a good team limit themselves for "cap space".
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,998

Post#1509 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:57 am

AirP. wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:
AirP. wrote:More than likely Miami will run it back with a retooled Bucks team to counter what Miami did to them in the playoffs, Brooklyn will have KD and Kyrie healthy and Boston will continue to get better and possibly fix their issues at center, you can never just sit back, that's what Philly did and they got worse and also, the East is getting better.

Is Miami getting a star this offseason or are they going to wait till the 2021 offseason? It was important enough to keep that cap space that they said no to extending Gallo for 3 years so they didn't trade for him... which also possibly cost Miami a championship, he would have helped greatly in the playoffs and especially in the finals. I hate seeing a good team limit themselves for "cap space".

Just remember we got Butler without cap space.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1510 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:58 am

What's frustrating is that tonight was the Anti-Celtics/Bucks series game for us. We used to win these type of games late.

I don't know what to expect for Game 5 and possibly beyond. Maybe Dragic forces to play the next. I guess he can't be any worse than Nunn?
:hug:
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#1511 » by oreon » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:59 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:

Thats how OKC felt when they went to the finals. They clearly had more talented players than us now and they never made it to the Finals again. Unless we make massive one year deals for Dragic and Crowder i dont see the team coming back, and honestly we should be looking at upgrading. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, and we know Pat so i expect major moves.

OKC didn't get back because of lack talent. The talent was there. Presti never got an elite coach who could have made Durant and Westbrook work. We don't have that same level of talent so even getting a guy like Oladipo might not guarantee a trip back to the finals. But getting Giannis does. So as much as the Heat should look to improve. The goal has to be Giannis. So we need to make sure we keep the flexibility to sign him. We also need to make sure we keep the players that will play well with him. That means kepping Drob and Herro. Till Giannis signs that extension all our moves have to be directed at going after him.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1512 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:00 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
AirP. wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:

Just remember we got Butler without cap space.

Which was great and a head scratcher why Miami didn't get even more even though they had the chance. CP3 was nearly free and his stats in Houston when Harden didn't play with him indicated he was still playing at an all-star level when given the ball.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1513 » by Wiltside » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:01 am

AirP. wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Jimmy is averaging:

Didn't we argue about game 2 where I said he could do more... and then he did in game 3? If he's aggressive he can score at a good clip but for some reason he's normally passive.

In the 3 losses he's averaging just over 23 points, the 1 win 40. Nobody was scoring well tonight, he needed to take over and just didn't.

I just don't really know what more you want him to do. Yeah he went Super Saiyan in game 3 and had one of the best NBA Finals games of all time...but that's not exactly sustainable and a given every game.

If you told me he'd mirror LeBron's production this series, who is the best player in the world, I'd take it every day.

Jimmy: 27.5ppg, 7.8rpg, 10.0apg, 2.0spg, 0.8bpg, 41.5mpg on 55% shooting and 91%FT.
LeBron: 27.8ppg, 11.0rpg, 8.5apg, 0.8spg, 0.8bpg, 38.3mpg on 53.8%FG and 68.3%FT.

At the end of the day, we're not down 3-1 due to Jimmy. Hell, we are 3-1 due to Jimmy - without him we'd be swept.

We're down 3-1 because the Lakers have played better ball than us for longer periods of the games. They've got us out of our comfort zone, their role players have hit threes and ours have not.

Not having Bam for 2.5 games and no Gogi sure hasn't helped, but Jimmy has played like a Superstar this series. Whatever happens in Game 5, and believe me I hope you're right and there's another 40/11/13 game in him, he has my utmost respect. He's shown what he can do on the big stage.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#1514 » by Rock Hardy » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:01 am

Disappointing loss, but it's looking like Games 1&2 were outliers. Today was winnable, if our 3s were falling. Just a few more shots here and there. Dragic instead of Nunn would've been a huge game-changer. A couple of whistles going our way in the 4th. Ugh...it's frustrating, but also refreshing to see that we can fight with this team.

This is the best in the west, and we're making them earn it right now. I don't want to hear about how weak the east is, because we're hobbled, and still standing toe-to-toe with the very best that conference has to offer. 3 bad quarters in the first 2 games made this series look a lot worse than it is. I can't watch us go out via highlights, if that's how it's going to go. I'm gonna watch Game 5 live, boys. We go out on our shields, or we live to fight another day. But I want a chance to see it live.

Win or lose, this has been a good Miami Heat effort. NBA2K21 better put some respect on our name, because this is a good team. Let's go HEAT!
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,127

Post#1515 » by SA37 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:02 am

Crowder + Nunn + Olynyk + Iguodala = 21 pts on 6-25fg (24%), 5-16 3pt (31%), 2 assts

Hard to make up for that when playing with an 8-man rotation.

Seeing a lot of negative comments in here gives me the impression several of you have forgotten Dragic and Bam have not played most of this series, just how far Miami has come in such a short period of time, and the fact these games are being played in the strangest of circumstances.

In 6 years, Miami went from losing LeBron, Wade (twice), and Bosh to an NBA Finals team with perhaps the brightest future of any team in the league. It's Butler's first season with Miami. What Herro has done in these playoffs is unbelievable... he's 20. Adebayo is 23 playing his first season as "the man" up front. Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn are rookies who haven't even played an entire NBA season (same with Herro).

As others have said here, Miami Heat fans have so much to be proud of and so much to look forward to. Still, the series isn't over. Let's see how Miami does the rest of the series.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1516 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:02 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:

I'd try to snag Embiid for Bam, probably could have done it if D'Antoni went there (Bam's a much better fit with Simmons) but Doc may pick to build around Embiid(which he should).
iamoti
Rookie
And1: 2,281

Post#1517 » by iamoti » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:10 am

The overreaction here is crazy. Trading Robinson, trading Bam. We are in the NBA Finals, plagued by injuries. We are probably 1 piece away or a bit of development away from being champions. How many teams can say that? We just need a PG that can defend and create. Jrue Holiday/Kyle Lowry comes to mind and we are set.

Also we are playing 3 rookies in the nba finals ( Robinson is basicaly a rookie too ) against LeBron and AD. Come on man.

Sent from my SM-G975F using RealGM mobile app
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1518 » by Wiltside » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:11 am

We didn't stand up tonight in the small plays you need to win a game.

A couple plays stand out:

- Kelly fouling Morris on the 3pt attempts. It was super late clock, Keef with a step back 3 with defense and Kelly jumps out to him. Whether the foul was there or not is irrelevant. He just needed to get a hand up and not put himself in a position to foul the jump shooters. Went from down 1 with likely possession to down 4 - we then had Nunn get blocked for a shot clock violation and LeBron hit a J to put them up 6.

- The soft Crowder foul on LeBron. Butler had just drove and tied the game with 6:27 left in the 4th, and LeBron split the soft defensive trap by Duncan and Jae fouls him without stopping the layin. 3pt lead, and was followed by a Herro travel (debatable call, could've been an and-1...)...which led to...

- Offensive boards. That Nunn missed board on the next possession where Rondo poked it away, ended up with another Crowder shooting foul and Lebron icing 2 to put them up 5.

We then faltered down the stretch with a few poor possessions (the aforementioned Butler 3 that led to KCP nailing the dagger 3), followed by a shot clock violation (Bam just a micro second too late on the J), which led to KCP again unforgivably scoring a driving layup on Duncan to go up 7.

These were all crucial plays that went LA's way. Basically, they're the reason they won this game. We were right there and could've tied this series if we had a little more composure and made fewer mistakes.

As it is, 3-1 is an almost insurmountable hole. We have a game plan that can work against these guys...winning 3 straight is going to be basically impossible, but I hope we can extend the series. We deserve better than 5 games.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,604

Post#1519 » by Umbooki » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:42 am

The odds are against us, but I wouldn't count us out until we've officially lost the series. We deserve to be here and we've seen how quickly things can change on a game-to-game basis.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1520 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:05 am

In regards w/ Butler - after scoring 38+ points this is his stats the gm after.

Feb 3 vs Philly:
38p, 7r & 2a (47 PRA)

Backed it up with:

Feb 5 vs LAC:
11p, 5r & 7a (23 PRA)

==

Aug 31 v MIL:
40p, 4r & 2a (46 PRA)

Backed it up with:

Sept 2 v MIL:
13p, 3r & 6a (22 PRA)

==

Last game vs LAL:
40p, 11r & 13a (64 PRA)

Backed up with:

Today gm4:
22p, 10r & 9ast (41 PRA)

So even though he was due for a letdown gm today he put up decent #’s compared to other times. An assist away frm a Trip-Dub.

yes I wld have loved to See him relentlessly attack & look for his shot more to apply more pressure on La but it is what it is. He's nvr been a prolific scorer, yet he dropped a 40pt trip-dub in a must-win gm3. Butler is playing the best he can. He’s shown his heart & soul in gm3. I love the guy. We don’t get this far w/out him. Hell we may have gotten swept w/out him.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat