ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,781

Re: Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason 

Post#181 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 pm

everdiso wrote:ESPN RPM

2019-20

Harrell (26): +2.3off, +0.0def, +2.3rpm
Ibaka (30): -0.6off, +1.3def, +0.6rpm

2018-19

Harrell (25): +0.3off, +1.7def, +2.0rpm
Ibaka (29): -1.0off, -0.1def, -1.1rpm

2017-18

Harrell (24): +2.3off, +0.5def, +2.8rpm
Ibaka (28): +0.1off, -0.8def, -0.7rpm

And another reason RPM sucks and shouldn't be used alone. It doesn't show at all ow he impacts his team's spacing negatively. And Harrell is in no way better defensively as he is more limited to who he can play against.
scopy
General Manager
And1: 16,421

Re: Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason 

Post#182 » by scopy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Well he is following the Raps on IG.. Would prefer him over Ibaka if contracts were the same

I know nothing but I think the way that Serge was benched in the playoffs near the end, almost seemed like the organization wanted to focus on developing the guys that will be staying here. So I think Serge is gone.

Having said that, if something leaks, then its not true.

Masai and Bobby don't leak.
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#183 » by Steelo Green » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Harrel sucks in the PnR D, and cannot shoot.

There’s 0 percent chance we sign anything of note.

For hook or crook they will be going after Giannis and signing Harrell would impede that.

We will sign a bunch of 1 year deals and go with relatively the same group.

Ibaka is def gone and replaced with Dewan/FRP.
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,437

Post#184 » by planetmars » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
planetmars wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:On another note, the clippers have no picks no cap space and no other way to improve but all the money in the world, and people think they are passing up the bird rights on Harrell? :crazy:

They will have the full mid level (about $9M, could be more) if they let Harrell walk. And there are a lot of centers available in free agency.

I think a guy like Tristan Thompson would be much better for them than Harrell. And yes, they lose Harrell's trade value, but they might get more out of the mid-level contract, especially if they overpay to keep Harrell who became a liability in the playoffs.

Then they try and sign and trade Harrell. But they aren't giving up his rights. That would shock me. Since he's worth more than the MLE likely.

That's more up to Harrell than the Clippers and what team he wants to go to. If he says f@ck it and goes to a team like Detroit, they don't have to send anything back to LAC.

Just playing devil's advocate. They most likely retain him. I don't see him leaving either.
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#185 » by rrdjutriurt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:57 pm

I agree with most but not that Ibaka will be gone. He was playing on a bit of a wonky ankle towards the end and it effected his play. He is for sure a keeper and the Raps will focus on keeping him because big men who can shoot the three are extremely valuable. He also does a good job of protecting the basket and he is one of the best in the league in the screen and roll aspect of the game.

Keeping your fellow Africans will help to attract Giannis so I expect Serge to be our starting center next season and if Giannis ever comes here he can easily fit into his style of play or come off the bench. They may overpay him just to get him to sign a one year deal and that allows them to sign him to a longer deal in 2021 when they can go over the cap in retaining their own players.
Steelo Green wrote:Harrel sucks in the PnR D, and cannot shoot.

There’s 0 percent chance we sign anything of note.

For hook or crook they will be going after Giannis and signing Harrell would impede that.

We will sign a bunch of 1 year deals and go with relatively the same group.

Ibaka is def gone and replaced with Dewan/FRP.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
yassillio
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#186 » by yassillio » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Nope. Sign Ibaka and have TT come off the bench if he doesn't cost us much. If you qant an energy big, get K. Farried.
Leo: I tell players all the time
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,009

Post#187 » by kalel123 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:09 pm

Really don't see the fit. And if we are to still hold out some hope for Giannis, we cannot be signing anyone long term other than maybe Van Vleet, our own FA. Rest of 'em should be one-year contracts.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#188 » by Dalek » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:

2019-20

2018-19

2017-18

And another reason RPM sucks and shouldn't be used alone. It doesn't show at all ow he impacts his team's spacing negatively. And Harrell is in no way better defensively as he is more limited to who he can play against.

One thing to note is that while Harrell goes put up some okay defensive numbers, he does have trouble with traditional bigs who had high field goal %s when matched up with him. He is a guy who is a decent weak-side shotblocker.

My dream pick-up is Richaun Holmes. I would a second round pick and prospect for him. To me, he is grossly underpaid for what he can do as a C ($5m in 2020-21). Good defense, hustle and makes shots from a number of places. I'd rate him higher than Harrell because he does what Harrell can do and more.

Curious what Nerlens Noel would cost. He had 1.5 blocks and 6.9% block percentage, and will be a lot cheaper than Harrell.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#189 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 pm

Dalek wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

2019-20

2018-19

2017-18

One thing to note is that while Harrell goes put up some okay defensive numbers, he does have trouble with traditional bigs who had high field goal %s when matched up with him. He is a guy who is a decent weak-side shotblocker.

My dream pick-up is Richaun Holmes. I would a second round pick and prospect for him. To me, he is grossly underpaid for what he can do as a C ($5m in 2020-21). Good defense, hustle and makes shots from a number of places. I'd rate him higher than Harrell because he does what Harrell can do and more.

Curious what Nerlens Noel would cost. He had 1.5 blocks and 6.9% block percentage, and will be a lot cheaper than Harrell.

I wanted Holmes last year in FA. Thought he went really, really cheaply to Sacramento of all places. That tells me there wasn't much league interest in him.

Mark my words - Giles is going to be that next C that is going to go somewhere on the cheap and break out. Let's hope he does it in a Raptors Jersey.

Other than that, yes, Noel would be my second choice. I'd go for both if there was enough money to do so.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#190 » by Dalek » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Dalek wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

I wanted Holmes last year in FA. Thought he went really, really cheaply to Sacramento of all places. That tells me there wasn't much league interest in him.

Mark my words - Giles is going to be that next C that is going to go somewhere on the cheap and break out. Let's hope he does it in a Raptors Jersey.

Other than that, yes, Noel would be my second choice. I'd go for both if there was enough money to do so.

I have not followed Giles too much but he looks like he is a decent playmaking C with scoring. I wasn't sure if he offers anything defensively.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#191 » by carlosey » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 pm

he is following the raps now, I just checked.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#192 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:12 pm

Lol at people saying Harrell is trash :lol: Harrell is good at all the things Pascal is not good at, at the 4. A Better defender, A better rebounder and a good replacement For RHJ. Unlike RHJ he knows not to shoot and he stays within his role. This is your typical Nurse guy.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
DaFroMan
Sixth Man
And1: 774

Post#193 » by DaFroMan » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:24 pm

Harrell is one of those guys you hate playing against but love having on your team...with that said I hate harrell.
Roronoa
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#194 » by Roronoa » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:49 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Lol at people saying Harrell is trash :lol: Harrell is good at all the things Pascal is not good at, at the 4. A Better defender, A better rebounder and a good replacement For RHJ. Unlike RHJ he knows not to shoot and he stays within his role. This is your typical Nurse guy.

Harrell a better defender than Siakam??? :lol: :lol:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,678

Post#195 » by Pointgod » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:03 pm

Do not want! So we’ll take ourselves out of the running for Giannis for Montrez freaking Harrell? I backup to Siakim? Lmao
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,781

Post#196 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:05 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Lol at people saying Harrell is trash :lol: Harrell is good at all the things Pascal is not good at, at the 4. A Better defender, A better rebounder and a good replacement For RHJ. Unlike RHJ he knows not to shoot and he stays within his role. This is your typical Nurse guy.

Late entry for worst post of the year.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#197 » by execoftheyear » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:09 pm

Siakam proved to be a legit 2nd option on a championship level team next to Kawhi. Harrell didn't even prove to be a worthy 6th option on a team with Kawhi.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#198 » by gerrit4 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 6:33 pm

If the market is cold on Harrell and the offers aren't there, I'd love to get him at a bargain basement price. He's tough, plays hard, and you'd have him in a contract for his prime years.

That said, I'm guessing he's hoping to make 20+ Million, which seems insane to me.

I think the only realistic way we could get him would be similar to how GS signed Boogie before last season. If we're without a starting C, having him as a one year MLE starter would give him the opportunity to boost his value for next summer when more teams have cap room.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,874

Post#199 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Oct 7, 2020 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#200 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:33 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter
BRING HIM HOME!!! what we needed from RHJ! like I’ve said Harrell is a better defender than pascal! If you watched the playoffS and saw all those Demar moments on D from Pascal and still trying to argue this then....

Bring Harrell and Beal home for the chip :nod: :nod:
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors