ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason 

Post#201 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:37 pm

Bring him home masai!!

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Re: Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason 

Post#202 » by mademan » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:38 pm

Steelo Green wrote:Harrel sucks in the PnR D, and cannot shoot.

There’s 0 percent chance we sign anything of note.

For hook or crook they will be going after Giannis and signing Harrell would impede that.

We will sign a bunch of 1 year deals and go with relatively the same group.

Ibaka is def gone and replaced with Dewan/FRP.

No he doesnt. I dont want Harrell, but this is one area he actually excels. He's good at switching out onto smaller guards and wings and doing a decent job. Where he struggles is against legit size, like Jokic or Embiid and he doesnt have the wing skills to play PF in the modern NBA. It makes him far too situational for my likes
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#203 » by h4rrison » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:00 pm

Pass would rather use the money on Ibaka
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#204 » by TerryTate » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:40 pm

He's like a RHJ with a better engine and defennsive prowess...
Don't overpay.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#205 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:49 pm

gerrit4 wrote:If the market is cold on Harrell and the offers aren't there, I'd love to get him at a bargain basement price. He's tough, plays hard, and you'd have him in a contract for his prime years.

That said, I'm guessing he's hoping to make 20+ Million, which seems insane to me.

I think the only realistic way we could get him would be similar to how GS signed Boogie before last season. If we're without a starting C, having him as a one year MLE starter would give him the opportunity to boost his value for next summer when more teams have cap room.

I would pay him the MLE in a heartbeat. Then we could trade for someone like Nemanja Bjelica.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#206 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:56 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter
BRING HIM HOME!!! what we needed from RHJ! like I’ve said Harrell is a better defender than pascal! If you watched the playoffS and saw all those Demar moments on D from Pascal and still trying to argue this then....

Bring Harrell and Beal home for the chip :nod: :nod:

Man...idk what playoffs you were watching but you sound like a pinhead right now. Pascal was arguably our best defender in the playoffs, especially in that Boston series. He struggled mightily on offence, but locked up both Tatum and Brown.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#207 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 9:15 pm

Don't need Harrell.

We should be looking at Nerlens Noel and Harry Giles via free agency and Myles Turner via trade.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#208 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:24 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter
BRING HIM HOME!!! what we needed from RHJ! like I’ve said Harrell is a better defender than pascal! If you watched the playoffS and saw all those Demar moments on D from Pascal and still trying to argue this then....

Man...idk what playoffs you were watching but you sound like a pinhead right now. Pascal was arguably our best defender in the playoffs, especially in that Boston series. He struggled mightily on offence, but locked up both Tatum and Brown.
:lol: Image
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,284

Post#209 » by Kordic27 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:38 pm

This rumour sounds like an negotiation tactic to stress out Ibaka.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#210 » by Steelo Green » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:39 pm

antonaki1 wrote:I agree with most but not that Ibaka will be gone. He was playing on a bit of a wonky ankle towards the end and it effected his play. He is for sure a keeper and the Raps will focus on keeping him because big men who can shoot the three are extremely valuable. He also does a good job of protecting the basket and he is one of the best in the league in the screen and roll aspect of the game.

Keeping your fellow Africans will help to attract Giannis so I expect Serge to be our starting center next season and if Giannis ever comes here he can easily fit into his style of play or come off the bench. They may overpay him just to get him to sign a one year deal and that allows them to sign him to a longer deal in 2021 when they can go over the cap in retaining their own players.

For hook or crook they will be going after Giannis and signing Harrell would impede that.

We keep Ibaka for a year at most to keep the cap room so maybe on that end he stays but no way it’s a multi year deal or 21 is out of the picture.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#211 » by Steelo Green » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:41 pm

mademan wrote:

No he doesnt. I dont want Harrell, but this is one area he actually excels. He's good at switching out onto smaller guards and wings and doing a decent job. Where he struggles is against legit size, like Jokic or Embiid and he doesnt have the wing skills to play PF in the modern NBA. It makes him far too situational for my likes

?

He’s only good at guarding man to man. Has no PnR ability.

Why else would he play less than 20 minutes for getting abused defensively.
Raptors1991
Rookie
And1: 1,487

Post#212 » by Raptors1991 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:44 pm

Hopefully we don't get this guy, dude is trash

Sent from my SM-G975W using RealGM mobile app
Credits to TZ
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#213 » by YelloC » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:04 am

I’d rather draft Tillman and play him in a Harrell role.
At one point I wanted Siakam, Harrell and Bam on this team with Spicy playing the 3 but then OG really showed out this year so I’d prefer if OG got more minutes than having to siphon of minutes to Trezz.
If the money’s right, I wouldn’t mind him as a Raptor.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#214 » by COY0607 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:23 am

Really good offensive player, equally weak defensively. Not sure how he fits with Siakam, OG.

He's also going to be expensive, probably in the 16m-22m range
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#215 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:29 am

Raptors1991 wrote:Hopefully we don't get this guy, dude is trash

Sent from my SM-G975W using RealGM mobile app

Ujiri makes the decision not Raps fans. Harrell would 6th man of the year back up to Paskal and play 18 minutes at centre. He probably is signed for the MLE. That's 10 mil for a big to give more depth at power forward and Centre. It is what it is. It is far from outrageous as an acquisition.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#216 » by witnessraps » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:49 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

What were you watching? Overall those 2 dominated us. Maybe he slowed them down in small stretches but that's it.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#217 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:34 am

Question to capalogists:
Is there a realistic way to sign Fred, Ibaka, Harrel AND maintain 2021 max contract cap space?
KawhiSoSerious
Junior
And1: 504

Post#218 » by KawhiSoSerious » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:49 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:Question to capalogists:
Is there a realistic way to sign Fred, Ibaka, Harrel AND maintain 2021 max contract cap space?

Of course - one year deals.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#219 » by Steelo Green » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:52 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:Question to capalogists:

No.

Ibaka at best stays for a year and then he is renounced and cap hold rescinded.

Fred likely stays and if he’s around 20 mil, makes it just fit for a max spot.

Issue now has to do with the cap going down due to COVID and revenue lost.

Harrell coming here would be a bad indicator for 21 intentions unless we plan on dealing Fred.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#220 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:55 am

witnessraps wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:BRING HIM HOME!!! what we needed from RHJ! like I’ve said Harrell is a better defender than pascal! If you watched the playoffS and saw all those Demar moments on D from Pascal and still trying to argue this then....

What were you watching? Overall those 2 dominated us. Maybe he slowed them down in small stretches but that's it.

Its you that wasn't watching buddy.

Brown 4/17 from deep. Both combined 22/60 with 10 turnovers when guarded by Siakam. lol
maybe you were just watching 5 minutes highlights clips after the games.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to Toronto Raptors