ImageImageImageImageImage

its time to talk Chris Paul

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Re: its time to talk Chris Paul 

Post#481 » by robillionaire » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:15 am

I don't like cp3, don't want him here, won't root for him if he comes here, and hope we keep knox. shoot it down hahn
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#482 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:46 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

good to hear that Hahn, who basically works for the team, is willing to call out the CP3 rumors

if they were to pursue CP3 (which they shouldn't IMO), Knicks should have all the leverage. the Thunder dont want that contract on their books for 2 more seasons and we're 1 of the few teams that can absorb his deal

I can understand teams like the 76ers and Bucks going after CP3 as the piece that puts them over the top, but we're the Knicks, we're at the bottom, and a 36 y/o Paul isn't gonna take us to the top. CP3 1) hurts our lottery odds next season, and let's be honest, as of now, we have a bottom 5 roster and next years draft is stacked 2) takes up too much cap space, thus making it harder to pursue FA's next offseason

I get that CP3 would be great for the young players, and I don't dispute that. I just think that good is outweighed by the factors I mentioned (cap space, draft position)

I'd rather make a play for Mike Conley, tbh. KnicksFanTV reported Randle for Conley rumors, which would be perfect IMO. Conley is great b/c 1) doesnt hurt cap future flexibility 2) he's a vet PG who can still play (not what he used to be tho) and can help the younger players 3) he isn't good enough to significantly impact our draft position
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#483 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:54 am

Jay Williams who is very close to Wes implied that Cp3 would be offered a front office role at some point if he were to be traded here
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,636

Post#484 » by DaGawd » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:09 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Jay Williams who is very close to Wes implied that Cp3 would be offered a front office role at some point if he were to be traded here

Mannnnn just offer him that **** when he's done playing if that's a driving factor in trading for him..
BaF
Washington Wizards
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#485 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:22 am

DaGawd wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Jay Williams who is very close to Wes implied that Cp3 would be offered a front office role at some point if he were to be traded here

Mannnnn just offer him that **** when he's done playing if that's a driving factor in trading for him..

I dont think hes implying thats the driving factor. He said alot of other ****. This was weeks ago on Alan Hahn espn radio show
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#486 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:58 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

good to hear that Hahn, who basically works for the team, is willing to call out the CP3 rumors

if they were to pursue CP3 (which they shouldn't IMO), Knicks should have all the leverage. the Thunder dont want that contract on their books for 2 more seasons and we're 1 of the few teams that can absorb his deal

I can understand teams like the 76ers and Bucks going after CP3 as the piece that puts them over the top, but we're the Knicks, we're at the bottom, and a 36 y/o Paul isn't gonna take us to the top. CP3 1) hurts our lottery odds next season, and let's be honest, as of now, we have a bottom 5 roster and next years draft is stacked 2) takes up too much cap space, thus making it harder to pursue FA's next offseason

I get that CP3 would be great for the young players, and I don't dispute that. I just think that good is outweighed by the factors I mentioned (cap space, draft position)

I'd rather make a play for Mike Conley, tbh. KnicksFanTV reported Randle for Conley rumors, which would be perfect IMO. Conley is great b/c 1) doesnt hurt cap future flexibility 2) he's a vet PG who can still play (not what he used to be tho) and can help the younger players 3) he isn't good enough to significantly impact our draft position

I wanted to trade for Conley before rona when he sucked. We need to do way more buy low opportunities on guys who have generally played well but are coming off disappointing years. ****, you might even get an asset or two depending on what’s being sent back.

That’s how rebuilding teams with impatient owners can at least try to speed up the process. When was the last buy low trade we made? ZBo? QRich?

Griffin is another target but idk what DET would give up
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Magutier114
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#487 » by Magutier114 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:41 am

No thanks not interested in Chris Paul specially if they are asking us to include a pick or Kevin Knox. The only way I take him is if they include a 1st round pick with him. We are doing them a favor by taking on his 46 million dollar salary. No thanks. The only player I would give up for CP3 and 1st would be Julius Randle. If they are not interested I would tell them to keep it moving. They need us more than we need them.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#488 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:43 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#489 » by cgmw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:37 am

I can see SGA and Knox breaking out as the up-and-coming scoring tandem the league needs to make Dolan look somehow even worse.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#490 » by Galou » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 am

Chris Paul? I hope not. Knicks should stay on course and keep building. No aging stars and spending money recklessly. No more backwards stuff man.
F$+*k the Nets.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#491 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to New York Knicks