ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks OTA hype thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#701 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:31 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guys like him and Randle been putting in extra work . You love to see it
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#702 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:36 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like he’s been working out with Mahmoud Abdul Rauf for a while. Great news.
Another note on Smith: Former NBA sharpshooter Mahmoud Abdul Rauf posted a picture of he and Smith Jr. after a workout.

Per sources, Smith has had some workouts with Abdul-Rauf in New York and the workouts were coordinated by his agent at Roc Nation, Raymond Brothers.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#703 » by robillionaire » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:25 pm

it would make my year to see DSJ bounce back and be a solid PG while KP recovers from another knee injury
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#704 » by Reign23 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:54 pm

goodness, this DSJ bs....
formerly known as knickst4pe
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#705 » by Cookies4Life » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 pm

I'm glad they haven't given up on Smith Jr. He's a very talented player and if he develops even an average jumper, it'll open up the rest of his game on the offensive end.

I get the reservations some people have with him and this being arguably his last shot with this team but I have to give the kid a pass given his injury and off the court issues he had last season. I hate the fact we signed Payton and he ate up minutes from both Frank and Dennis.

I still think DSJ and Frankie could work very well together. They both need to improve on their jumpers though, DSJ more so.
jullybully21
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#706 » by jullybully21 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:16 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm glad it looks like he is focused this year. I know the death of parent affected him last year but if he could stay focused he has talent. I'm excited for Johnny Bryant to work with him and Frank.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#707 » by NewYorkPride85 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Damn we gotta go back 2 years for some good DSJ basketball

Sad

Yeah, you know what he also had 2 years ago?

Actual coaching....
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#708 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:28 pm

For the record, I'm rooting for Smith to do well. Not just for the team, but so Melo can get a win. Now if only he'll back Frank
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#709 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:02 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:For the record, I'm rooting for Smith to do well. Not just for the team, but so Melo can get a win. Now if only he'll back Frank

I’m rooting for Frank as well. Even if I’m not a big fan of his. But I want to see him do well. Idc who starts (Frank or dsj) as long as they’re balling
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,075

Post#710 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:43 pm

DSJ was the worst player in the NBA alongside Knox last year, but I think there’s still hope for Smith. What he showed in his second year before getting hurt was seriously promising.

It’s not hard to see that DSJ’s always been cocky and too cool for school. I don’t say this lightly, I hope that DSJ came back a stronger and more humble individual from the abyss and that the tragedy he endured helped give him a new perspective on life and the sport that he loves. With some humility and hard work, he can still carve out a nice career and help the Knicks. I sure hope he does. He’s running out of time though.

Knicks fans better get behind this man if he puts in the work. The chants for Frank last year were BS.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#711 » by cgmw » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:57 pm

What a total stroke of brilliance that we signed Payton to play ahead of Frank & DSJ. Also, six PFs to play ahead of Knox. Brilliant moves that placed us in excellent position to win 18 games instead of 12 while giving valuable minutes to veteran rentals/churning through our 19th coach in 20 years or whatever it is.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#712 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:33 am

cgmw wrote:What a total stroke of brilliance that we signed Payton to play ahead of Frank & DSJ. Also, six PFs to play ahead of Knox. Brilliant moves that placed us in excellent position to win 18 games instead of 12 while giving valuable minutes to veteran rentals/churning through our 19th coach in 20 years or whatever it is.

Trust me, I hate Payton more than you do. But the Knicks needed a point guard. Frank is not a point guard, and DSJ was neither in the right mental nor physical condition to play (which is why he didn’t).

The Knicks just need to sign a veteran point guard (whether as a starter or as a back-up) who can shoot a little. The biggest issue is us signing players who can’t play off the ball and thus hurt everyone around them, including the development of our youth.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#713 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:43 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgmw wrote:What a total stroke of brilliance that we signed Payton to play ahead of Frank & DSJ. Also, six PFs to play ahead of Knox. Brilliant moves that placed us in excellent position to win 18 games instead of 12 while giving valuable minutes to veteran rentals/churning through our 19th coach in 20 years or whatever it is.

Trust me, I hate Payton more than you do. But the Knicks needed a point guard. Frank is not a point guard, and DSJ was neither in the right mental nor physical condition to play (which is why he didn’t).

The Knicks just need to sign a veteran point guard (whether as a starter or as a back-up) who can shoot a little. The biggest issue is us signing players who can’t play off the ball and thus hurt everyone around them, including the development of our youth.

Why did they need a PG? To achieve more meaningless wins?
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#714 » by cgmw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:49 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Yes! Most people don't realize the "D" in 9-D Chess is actually for "Dolan."

Not only did we achieve moar meaningless wins dropping us out of the running for a so-called "top 3" pick, but we also trampled the confidence and reps of once promising lotto picks while making us SEEM like fools in the "mainstream media" for thinking we thought they thought we thought we could make the Playoffs after trading KP to get KD.

Don't you see it now?
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#715 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:55 am

cgmw wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Trust me, I hate Payton more than you do. But the Knicks needed a point guard. Frank is not a point guard, and DSJ was neither in the right mental nor physical condition to play (which is why he didn’t).

Yes! Most people don't realize the "D" in 9-D Chess is actually for "Dolan."

Not only did we achieve moar meaningless wins dropping us out of the running for a so-called "top 3" pick, but we also trampled the confidence and reps of once promising lotto picks while making us SEEM like fools in the "mainstream media" for thinking we thought they thought we thought we could make the Playoffs after trading KP to get KD.

Don't you see it now?

YES! I DO!
QANBA-ON!
:D
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#716 » by Gravy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:26 am

Thibs is most likely going to want a veteran pg, I can't blame him when you look at our roster.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#717 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

ha ha, sometimes you just have to follow the argument to its logical conclusion
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#718 » by Phish Tank » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:43 am

fwiw, I want as many Knicks as possible to learn a few things from Abdul-Rauf. I've watched a bunch from Abdul Rauf's training and a bulk of the teachings involves shot form, tension, and a bunch of things that you can't readily see via the eye test.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#719 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:52 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

To put our young guys in a position to play real basketball and not this garbage that was the 2019-20 Knicks.

It’s not about wins (I’m all for tanking), but you can’t have our top prospects playing anti-basketball with no spacing at all and selfish bums like Payton or non-PGs like Frank making decisions for the rest of the team. That’s not player development, that’s straight sabotage. You can play real basketball and still tank.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#720 » by CharlesOakley » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Phish Tank wrote:fwiw, I want as many Knicks as possible to learn a few things from Abdul-Rauf. I've watched a bunch from Abdul Rauf's training and a bulk of the teachings involves shot form, tension, and a bunch of things that you can't readily see via the eye test.

Abdul-Rauf is seriously underrated by casual basketball fans. He has the highest career FT percentage of all time. He averaged 30 ppg as a freshman (NCAA record). He could score on anyone. He would have looked even better in today's open game. His only issue was standing up for something he believed in.

Return to New York Knicks