Image ImageImage Image

OT: Cowley Accuses Chicago Tribune of Being Puppet for Bulls Organization

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Re: OT: Cowley Accuses Tribune of Being Puppet for Bulls Organization 

Post#41 » by Andi Obst » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:39 am

exospheer wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Ja Morant received 99 out of 100 votes for Rookie of the Year. The other vote was Joe Cowley's.

I don't care if he's right about KC, Cowley is a clueless idiot who shouldn't be allowed to be in the position he's in. Him complaining about others is straight up hilarious stuff.

wait are you serious that crowley was the one that didn't vote for Ja? What a moron.

Yes. He voted for Zion. Voted for Beverley as DPOY too. He either doesn't watch basketball at all or he has no idea what he's watching.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Re: OT: Cowley Accuses Chicago Tribune of Being Puppet for Bulls Organization 

Post#42 » by erlim » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:10 am

Man I remember when I commented on one of KC’s posts on twitter that he was a stooge for the FO, he very kindly DM’d me and assured me he wasn’t. I felt bad.

That said, while I dislike Cowley’s tone, I don’t think he’s ever been wrong.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,398

Re: OT: Cowley Accuses Tribune of Being Puppet for Bulls Organization 

Post#43 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:34 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
exospheer wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Ja Morant received 99 out of 100 votes for Rookie of the Year. The other vote was Joe Cowley's.

I don't care if he's right about KC, Cowley is a clueless idiot who shouldn't be allowed to be in the position he's in. Him complaining about others is straight up hilarious stuff.

wait are you serious that crowley was the one that didn't vote for Ja? What a moron.

Yes. He voted for Zion. Voted for Beverley as DPOY too. He either doesn't watch basketball at all or he has no idea what he's watching.

Or the most likely answer is Cowley a,ways goes against the grain to get press. That’s why he did it because now his name is in our mouths again. He voted for Ja like everyone else we are not talking about him. He is a clickbait king.
hungarianjordan
Sophomore
And1: 180

Post#44 » by hungarianjordan » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:14 pm

erlim wrote:Man I remember when I commented on one of KC’s posts on twitter that he was a stooge for the FO, he very kindly DM’d me and assured me he wasn’t. I felt bad.

Here are Joe's offseason scoops:

april 24th: "All the while, [AK] still is conducting interviews to find a general manager. That process could continue through next week at least.
april 27th: Eversley hired

aug 6th: "The new "teflon don?’’ Bulls coach Jim Boylen might be just that, as sources have told the Sun-Times that the financial concerns the Reinsdorfs have about next season will handcuff the new front office from moving on from the coach."
aug 14th: Boylen fired

sep 16th: "Vegas is screaming Unseld Jr. … Several NBA scouts still think Udoka is the big play. Both have interviewed at least once, according to a source."
sep 22nd: Donovan hired.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#45 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:36 pm

erlim wrote:That said, while I dislike Cowley’s tone, I don’t think he’s ever been wrong.

This off season:
He was wrong about the Bulls keeping Boylen.
He was wrong about the Bulls refusing to spend money on coaching.
He was wrong about AK not having real authority.
He was wrong about the Bulls hiring Udoka.
He was wrong about AK being an indecisive GM.

I'm not sure he was right about anything at all this off-season. I'm not sure what he's ever been right about really.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#46 » by Axl Rose » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:00 pm

Cowley was right about all the drama behind the scenes during the Thibs/Butler/GarPax era. Obviously he has lost his source(s) as has pretty much every other reporter or writer who covers the Bulls.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,398

Post#47 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:42 pm

dougthonus wrote:
erlim wrote:That said, while I dislike Cowley’s tone, I don’t think he’s ever been wrong.

This off season:
He was wrong about the Bulls keeping Boylen.
He was wrong about the Bulls refusing to spend money on coaching.
He was wrong about AK not having real authority.
He was wrong about the Bulls hiring Udoka.
He was wrong about AK being an indecisive GM.

I'm not sure he was right about anything at all this off-season. I'm not sure what he's ever been right about really.

He most mostly right about Kenny and Ozzie but he was also the one starting a lot of those fires.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,322

Post#48 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:58 pm

erlim wrote:Man I remember when I commented on one of KC’s posts on twitter that he was a stooge for the FO, he very kindly DM’d me and assured me he wasn’t. I felt bad.

Joe has always read like many of us angry RealGM fans, so it's not a surprise we (myself included) drink up what he says. But he very certainly has been wrong on his takes as Doug already pointed out.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#49 » by fleet » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:59 pm

Leaving aside who is right or wrong in terms of approach, I am a little shocked Cowley went there against the other paper. That's not been done that I can recall. Not much upside right? Whether or not he is correct, that's taking on yourself a level of scrutiny that he may not like. I'm wondering if he's been on a bender or something :lol:
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to Chicago Bulls