ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks OTA hype thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#721 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Trust me, I hate Payton more than you do. But the Knicks needed a point guard. Frank is not a point guard, and DSJ was neither in the right mental nor physical condition to play (which is why he didn’t).

The Knicks just need to sign a veteran point guard (whether as a starter or as a back-up) who can shoot a little. The biggest issue is us signing players who can’t play off the ball and thus hurt everyone around them, including the development of our youth.

Why did they need a PG? To achieve more meaningless wins?

To put our young guys in a position to play real basketball and not this garbage that was the 2019-20 Knicks.

It’s not about wins (I’m all for tanking), but you can’t have our top prospects playing anti-basketball with no spacing at all and selfish bums like Payton or non-PGs like Frank making decisions for the rest of the team. That’s not player development, that’s straight sabotage. You can play real basketball and still tank.

sounds like you are arguing both for and against Payton. if we were garbage anyway we could have just rolled with frank dsj and kadeem allen
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#722 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:09 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Trust me, I hate Payton more than you do. But the Knicks needed a point guard. Frank is not a point guard, and DSJ was neither in the right mental nor physical condition to play (which is why he didn’t).

The Knicks just need to sign a veteran point guard (whether as a starter or as a back-up) who can shoot a little. The biggest issue is us signing players who can’t play off the ball and thus hurt everyone around them, including the development of our youth.

To put our young guys in a position to play real basketball and not this garbage that was the 2019-20 Knicks.

It’s not about wins (I’m all for tanking), but you can’t have our top prospects playing anti-basketball with no spacing at all and selfish bums like Payton or non-PGs like Frank making decisions for the rest of the team. That’s not player development, that’s straight sabotage. You can play real basketball and still tank.

Payton passing the ball to Randle all the time is real basketball?

Sign me up for some fake basketball then. :D
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#723 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:12 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

sounds like you are arguing both for and against Payton. if we were garbage anyway we could have just rolled with frank dsj and kadeem allen

This is ultimately my point.

Among the many problems I had with the prior FO was vision
Obviously they had a talent assessment as well, when it came to drafting players and pro player scouting.
But vision means being able to assess where the team is, where it's going, how it wants to get there (what sort of players) and what PLACE IN THAT TIMELINE THEY ARE.

Knicks never seem to figure that last part out, always taking shortcuts or feeling that they are "close"

Mills\Perry were a really awful combination of talent assessment and vision.

Rose and WWW probably won't be any better.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#724 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:To put our young guys in a position to play real basketball and not this garbage that was the 2019-20 Knicks.

This is ultimately my point.

Among the many problems I had with the prior FO was vision
Obviously they had a talent assessment as well, when it came to drafting players and pro player scouting.
But vision means being able to assess where the team is, where it's going, how it wants to get there (what sort of players) and what PLACE IN THAT TIMELINE THEY ARE.

Knicks never seem to figure that last part out, always taking shortcuts or feeling that they are "close"

Mills\Perry were a really awful combination of talent assessment and vision.

Rose and WWW probably won't be any better.

they had a vision it was just the vision of someone who was on peyote and going on a spirit walk where juilius randle was going to be lebron and lance thomas is draymond green
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#725 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 pm

I be practicing the same way
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,075

Post#726 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:52 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Wait.

I was not arguing that we should sign Payton. I despise this player, I think he hurts the development of our younger player due to his inability to shoot, I believe he intentionally froze out RJ and I think he uses the two-man game with Randle to put up empty stats so he can fool another team into giving him a new NBA contract. He’s only here for the money.

My point was that we did need a point guard. But signing a point guard like Elfraud was the worst decision the Knicks could’ve made. He’s the worst, I assumed it was known how much I hate the guy. It doesn’t change the fact that the Knicks needed a respectable PG. If anything, the Elfraud debacle highlights that.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#727 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:17 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I be practicing the same way

Sign this man now! He still young
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#728 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:58 am

Rj might need to Hanlen and pick up Rauf
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#729 » by Gravy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:To put our young guys in a position to play real basketball and not this garbage that was the 2019-20 Knicks.

Wait.

I was not arguing that we should sign Payton. I despise this player, I think he hurts the development of our younger player due to his inability to shoot, I believe he intentionally froze out RJ and I think he uses the two-man game with Randle to put up empty stats so he can fool another team into giving him a new NBA contract. He’s only here for the money.

My point was that we did need a point guard. But signing a point guard like Elfraud was the worst decision the Knicks could’ve made. He’s the worst, I assumed it was known how much I hate the guy. It doesn’t change the fact that the Knicks needed a respectable PG. If anything, the Elfraud debacle highlights that.

True, we cant say we never develop our players and also dont want anyone on the team that can make them better.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#730 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Gravy wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Wait.

True, we cant say we never develop our players and also dont want anyone on the team that can make them better.

Elfrid didn't make anyone better
Gravy
Lead Assistant

Post#731 » by Gravy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Wait.

He's Jason Kidd compared to everyone else we had, thats why the knicks are attached to every trade or signing for a pg.
Read on Twitter
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#732 » by F N 11 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Gravy wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Gravy wrote:True, we cant say we never develop our players and also dont want anyone on the team that can make them better.

He's Jason Kidd compared to everyone else we had, thats why the knicks are attached to every trade or signing for a pg.
Read on Twitter

Knicks have not had a passing PG in so long that a average passer will look good. Remind me of Duhon.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#733 » by HEZI » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Frankfooters indirectly taking shots at Frank

Well dayum
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#734 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:35 pm

i'm always conflicted in my celebration of mahmoud abdul-rauf because i know his precision is in large part a function of his mental illness.

still, i agree. i'd eventually practice the same way. probably minus the unhealthy, compulsive relationship with the shooting.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#735 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Gravy wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Gravy wrote:True, we cant say we never develop our players and also dont want anyone on the team that can make them better.

Read on Twitter

Thanks for the update Julius.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#736 » by BKlutch » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

Gravy
Lead Assistant

Post#737 » by Gravy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Gravy wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter

Thanks for the update Julius.

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#738 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:38 pm

I honestly think dude could go into a game in current nba and not embarrass himself. On offensive end at least. He'd get torched on the other end. But considering he's 51 it is pretty damn impressive.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#739 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:49 pm

BKlutch wrote:Image

MALAKA

Making Another Losing Awful Knick Adventure
:D
Clyde_Style
RealGM