Jimmy Butler On Heat Season: 'This Is Where I Belong'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jimmy Butler On Heat Season: 'This Is Where I Belong' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 am

Jimmy Butler said he wouldn't give back his experience in the bubble despite the Miami Heat's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.

"This is where I belong. This is what makes me smile. This is what makes me happy. ... I wouldn't give that back for the world. We really, really, really love being around one another and competing with one another. I wouldn't trade that for the world. If I had to spend three months around some people, these people, they're the ones that I want to do it with," said Butler following the Heat's 106-93 loss to the Lakers.

Butler averaged 22.8 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6 assists in 20 postseason games.

Erik Spoelstra agreed with Butler's sentiment, adding that the bubble experience created a bond within the Heat roster.

"This locker room, regardless of whatever happens in the future, we're going to remember this year, this season, this experience and that locker room brotherhood for the rest of our lives.

"You're in this business to be able to be around people like this. And I can go on and on. But the guys that competed and played in this series, we had several guys that were not even close to being 100%. Probably shouldn't have been playing, but that's how this group was. They wanted to do it for each other. And I just, I'm really bummed that we couldn't find a way to get over the hump and finish the season with a win," said Spoelstra.

Both Butler and Spoelstra looked towards the future, with Butler adding that the team will improve from this playoff experience.

"We're going to learn from this. We're going to get better. We're going to come back. We're going to come back. We'll be back. That's what we're all saying in that locker room. We got guys that want to do it. We got guys that already want to get back in the gym and get to working at this thing. That's what we do here," added Butler.

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Re: Jimmy Butler On Heat Season: 'This Is Where I Belong' 

Post#2 » by gom » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:10 am

came here for this. SPO!!!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Post#3 » by dautjazz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Not a Heat fan, but living in Miami, I support them a LITTLE, glad for the city though that they have built a great team, really came out of nowhere.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#4 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:57 pm

Didn't tank, no superstar, no players teaming up to play there, finding undrafted gems; a lot to appreciate about this team.

I like teams with integrity.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
EazeeDuzIt
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by EazeeDuzIt » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:19 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:Didn't tank, no superstar, no players teaming up to play there, finding undrafted gems; a lot to appreciate about this team.

I like teams with integrity.

PREACH
Guyton1
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Guyton1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 am

If they played the game right they coulda won but ima tell you it all would have started with slowing the game down way down.

Return to Wiretap Discussion