ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1121 » by jschligs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 am

vital_signs wrote:Not sure what i did, assuming I rolled on it or something, but I woke up to my phone screen being completely obliterated. :banghead:

Guess phone shopping will be the theme for this beautiful weekend.

The iPhone 12 should be announced tomorrow. But I’ve got my eyes on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1122 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Just scooped up a Waterpik Aquarius for Prime Day at $30 off. Had been researching picks recently and that model is pretty much the standard bearer. Nice pickup for those of you who have ever thought about getting a water pick.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#1123 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm

I'll most likely be picking up the IP 12. Probably the regular not the pro. I've been with iPhones for a few years so I'll stick with them, I like them for the most part.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#1124 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:02 pm

I always had Samsung, usually one of the top versions, edge, note etc
Then I smashed it (as I do, usually every 8-12 months) and someone gave me a RedMi something something

Tell you what, if Samsung is supposed to be better at something, I certainly can't tell.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1125 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 pm

5-pack of lightning charging cords, 99¢ Showtime and Starz, Powerbank, Bumblebee Transformer, meat thermometer...should really stop there.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1126 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:47 pm

I'm considering one of the fancy Dyson heating/cooling/purifying fans. My office is far from the thermostat and always the wrong temp, and I have bad allergies. Anyone have one?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1127 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 pm

I picked up an Instant Pot Ultra 3QT, because I need something else that won't fit into my kitchen.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1128 » by crkone » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:03 pm

I got a couple random ass things. A grow light, some workshop glasses, and a dash cam.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1129 » by WRau1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:21 pm

jschligs wrote:
vital_signs wrote:Not sure what i did, assuming I rolled on it or something, but I woke up to my phone screen being completely obliterated. :banghead:

The iPhone 12 should be announced tomorrow. But I’ve got my eyes on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

I have the Note20 Ultra 5G, best phone I've ever had.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1130 » by stellation » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:41 am

WRau1 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

5G :reporter:
#FreeChuckDiesel
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#1131 » by BUCKnation » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I picked up an Instant Pot Ultra 3QT, because I need something else that won't fit into my kitchen.

Was gonna grab that, put that in my shopping list, got busy for a few hours, went back and the deal was gone.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#1132 » by jute2003 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:29 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I'm considering one of the fancy Dyson heating/cooling/purifying fans. My office is far from the thermostat and always the wrong temp, and I have bad allergies. Anyone have one?
I don't have one but best I can tell from the little bit of research I did a couple months ago....the heater and the purifier will be nice but the cooling part won't be worth much in our climate. Basically it is a glorified humidifier and a nice fan. I think as long as you don't expect it to be your own personal AC in the summer you'll probably be happy with it.
only a fan, only an opinion
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1133 » by jschligs » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:37 pm

WRau1 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Were you iPhone before? I just don't know if I can leave the world of iPhones due to iMessage, Facetime, Airdrop, etc. Literally everyone I know has an iPhone and the convenience is insane. But the tech/specs of the Note 20 Ultra have me drooling. I'm really torn.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1134 » by buckboy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:53 pm

jschligs wrote:

Got it a couple weeks ago. Seems just like all the other ones, but like 5% bigger.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1135 » by buckboy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Thinking of buying an air fryer, any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Really don't know how I ever lived without this. Haven't used a toaster or microwave in months. Preheats in 10 seconds. Cooks a 12-14 minute pizza in 7 minutes (again, with 10 second preheat instead of 10 minutes). Makes the best fried food I've ever eaten (once you get to know the exact time and temp for each product). And it tips up when you're not using it so it doesn't take up all that counter space.

Highly, highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Multi-Purpose-Counter-top-Convection-SP101/dp/B07SCGY2H6/ref=asc_df_B07SCGY2H6/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657826593242&psc=1
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1136 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:44 pm

jute2003 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I'm considering one of the fancy Dyson heating/cooling/purifying fans. My office is far from the thermostat and always the wrong temp, and I have bad allergies. Anyone have one?
I don't have one but best I can tell from the little bit of research I did a couple months ago....the heater and the purifier will be nice but the cooling part won't be worth much in our climate. Basically it is a glorified humidifier and a nice fan. I think as long as you don't expect it to be your own personal AC in the summer you'll probably be happy with it.

Thanks. This has been my experience so far. I ended up picking one up yesterday to not miss out on the deal - I'm a Best Buy elite black whatever and have a generous return window, so I figured why not.

The cooling...I mean it does blow cool air, but it's not an AC. And you cannot set a target temperature like you can with the heat. It's just a level of fan blow. And when you get into anything more substantial, it's quite loud.

The heating, on the other hand, is wonderful. The target temp works great, which honestly seems like a small feature but is really quite nice, because target temps on cheaper space heaters are total crap. It also seems to heat pretty evenly.

We're about to move out of the range of when I'd need it to help cool my office, so I'm worried I'm going to fall in love with it as a heater and air purifier and then be disappointed again next spring :D I'll put it through the paces for a few weeks though and see how it goes.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1137 » by WRau1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:52 pm

jschligs wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Were you iPhone before? I just don't know if I can leave the world of iPhones due to iMessage, Facetime, Airdrop, etc. Literally everyone I know has an iPhone and the convenience is insane. But the tech/specs of the Note 20 Ultra have me drooling. I'm really torn.

Nope, I've never owned an iPhone. I get new iPads for my daughters every few years for school but I've never been an Apple fan.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,273

Post#1138 » by Finn » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:13 pm

I'm gonna dump my Samsung Galaxy S7 for an iPhone 12-mini. I'm not a fan of large phones & the mini has a bigger screen than the S7 in a smaller form factor. Perfect for me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#1139 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:48 pm

I have an iPhone X so the 12 is a nice upgrade for me. I'll be ordering Friday.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1140 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I have an iPhone X so the 12 is a nice upgrade for me. I'll be ordering Friday.

That's what I have. Still does everything I want so I'll use it until I run it into the ground.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks