OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1141 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I have an iPhone X so the 12 is a nice upgrade for me. I'll be ordering Friday.

That's what I have. Still does everything I want so I'll use it until I run it into the ground.

Same. Not all of us are Rich Uncle Pennybags and the 10 is still perfectly cromulent.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#1142 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:30 am

Finally got a refund from Stubhub. Said it would take up to 120 days and they took every single day plus a couple extra days for bank processing.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,678

Post#1143 » by msiris » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Whats the best way to post photos? I tried using google photos but all I see is the link and not a photo when I hit preview.
Ride the tank
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#1144 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:26 pm

msiris wrote:Whats the best way to post photos? I tried using google photos but all I see is the link and not a photo when I hit preview.

Post to Imgur.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#1145 » by Matches Malone » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
msiris wrote:Whats the best way to post photos? I tried using google photos but all I see is the link and not a photo when I hit preview.

Post to Imgur.

This.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,678

Post#1146 » by msiris » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Post to Imgur.
I signed up for it and posted my photos and copied link, Then I pasted link between the Img tags. Previewed and still see nothing but the link. So the photos need to be a certain size?
Ride the tank
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1147 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:20 pm

msiris wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Post to Imgur.
I signed up for it and posted my photos and copied link, Then I pasted link between the Img tags. Previewed and still see nothing but the link. So the photos need to be a certain size?

You're not gonna post the link that Imgur generates. Instead you're going to right click on the image, and select Copy Image Address (that's for Chrome, but there's something similar in every browser). Paste that URL between the image tags here. You'll have done it right if the URL ends with an image format like .jpg, .gif, or .png.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#1148 » by KidA24 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:27 pm

msiris wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Post to Imgur.

Instead of this link: https://imgur.com/SIlCA5t/

You need the link to the actual .jpg or .png between the img tags: https://i.imgur.com/SIlCA5t.png

So you can right click on the image and "Copy image location" or "Open image in new tab" to get that URL.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1149 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter

I need to try this. Gonna be bummed if the local Dunkin doesn't have one.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#1150 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:20 am

Okay, so this is the opposite of a donut, but...

Does anyone have a "smart" home treadmill or bike? I've been loosely interested in them for a while, but didn't want to spend Peloton money really and also didn't know about the alternatives.

I'm a light runner (~15mi/week in warm months), but do not run outside in cool months (exercise asthma) nor do I go to a gym or have a treadmill today. I'm also not the biggest treadmill fan, but think I could maybe get into it if I had a giant screen with someone encouraging me or with a good view to immerse me.

Conversely, I am not a biker, but mostly I think just because I always feel like I am on the verge of dying biking outside (cars). I actually think I'm more prone to bike inside vs run, but not totally sure, as I've never had either.

I've gotten interested in this deal from ProForm where you buy 3 years of their subscription service (iFit) and you get the bike or treadmill for free. Which is, by far, the best deal available in this market. The issue with the treadmill is that the screen is barely bigger than your phone; I don't have an issue with the bike (screen is iPad-sized) per se, but I'm wondering if it's better to just bite the bullet and get something better if you're going to do it. Granted, I don't know if something IS better. I just don't know.

What I do know is that, I think especially with the pandemic and us taking lockdown seriously for a variety of reasons, I'm more interested that ever in getting some serious home gym equipment.

So long story short, finally - anyone have any opinions on smart home gym equipment?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#1151 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:01 am

KidA24 wrote:
msiris wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Post to Imgur.

Instead of this link: https://imgur.com/SIlCA5t/

You need the link to the actual .jpg or .png between the img tags: https://i.imgur.com/SIlCA5t.png

So you can right click on the image and "Copy image location" or "Open image in new tab" to get that URL.

Whoa, I created that Frank artwork like 7 years ago. :o
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#1152 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:51 am

Anyone got a good drip coffee maker? I think Starbucks tastes fine and I like southern butter pecan creamer so I’m a real basic bitch when it comes to coffee. Have been doing the French Press thing but it’s so labor intensive. And sometimes I want to drink 3-4 cups instead of just 2.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,297

Post#1153 » by jute2003 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:Anyone got a good drip coffee maker? I think Starbucks tastes fine and I like southern butter pecan creamer so I’m a real basic bitch when it comes to coffee. Have been doing the French Press thing but it’s so labor intensive. And sometimes I want to drink 3-4 cups instead of just 2.
They're so cheap now and there really isn't much to them. Pick one online with good reviews and call it good.

If you get a grinder and find yourself some good beans, your coffee life will change forever.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1154 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:29 am

I've had pour over coffee makers like a Kalita Wave, an aero-press, the expensive do-it-all machines, and now I use a four cup Mr. Coffee I got for $24 on Amazon. It works fine and makes perfectly enjoyable coffee if I buy the grounds or beans I like.

Before you Euro bitches come in, I've had coffee up and down Italy. I drank it from a different place every morning for two weeks in Paris. Your **** ain't nothing to write home about.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#1155 » by Beorn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 am

Nah, we are not gonna mock you unless you say that you drink "coffee" with half a liter of vegan milk, adding 4 spoons of sugar and cinnamon/chocolate powder on top :P

None judges other people based on his coffee type or machine of preference :)
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1156 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:54 pm

I like American coffee :dontknow:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1157 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Anyone have a great horseradish mustard recipe they swear by?
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1158 » by stellation » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I've had pour over coffee makers like a Kalita Wave, an aero-press, the expensive do-it-all machines, and now I use a four cup Mr. Coffee I got for $24 on Amazon. It works fine and makes perfectly enjoyable coffee if I buy the grounds or beans I like.

Before you Euro bitches come in, I've had coffee up and down Italy. I drank it from a different place every morning for two weeks in Paris. Your **** ain't nothing to write home about.

Well, actually- you don't have to worry about Euro bitches coming after you, it's Aussie wankers that are the true "well, actually" coffee snobs you have to worry about.
#FreeChuckDiesel
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#1159 » by midranger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Yup. We have a 12 cup Mr. Coffee. Buy grounds at ikea. Drink 3 cups a day. It’s perfectly “fine”.

My favorite fancy device was a Moka Pot which made a pretty good cup with minimal effort
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#1160 » by humanrefutation » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 pm

I'm still working my way through cold-brew, but I'm planning to fire up the espresso maker once I finish these last couple batches.

I've had the small Mr. Coffee machines before - the 4-cup one worked wonderfully when I used to have drip coffee on a regular basis.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks