Image ImageImage Image

Is AD even possible?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#41 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:10 pm

meekrab wrote:There's a negative probability he opts out to sign here, we have about $3 million cap space. :lol: :crazy:

Hoping he signs his player option then.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#42 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:12 pm

nomorezorro wrote:i'd say there's a 50/50 shot of him signing with us this offseason vs. signing a 1+1 with LA so he can join giannis in chicago next offseason

Isn't he still under contract with lakers until 2021?

Nm, player option contract. Which i think he'll sign.

"For the first part, I had a great time in L.A. this first year," said Davis. "This has been nothing but joy, nothing but amazement. Over the next couple of months, we'll figure it out. I mean, I'm not 100 percent sure, but that's why my agent is who he is and we'll discuss it and figure it out.

But after reading that...it looks long term.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#43 » by Hold That » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:16 pm

He’s possible when he’s 32 and well past his prime and it’s clear the Lakers aren’t winning championships anymore.

The only star to walk away from Lebron was Kyrie, and Kyrie and AD do not have the same personality traits. AD is likely very comfortable where he’s at, he’s getting way more endorsements in LA(seen him on a Ruffles chip bag recently) and he’s winning championships. There’s no way in hell hes leaving lebron. He’s not trying to be the next Kobe or JOrdan like Kyrie THOUGHT he could be.

Not to mention AD has become Lebrons best friend on that team(they hang off court), something Kyrie could and likely would never claim to be of Lebrons. I mention Kyrie because there’s no way this is even a thread without the thought that AD would leave Lebron since Kyrie did awhile back. Maybe if this was KD I could see that but this is AD.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,011

Post#44 » by Am2626 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am

jkudia wrote:I haven’t followed this idea. Any chance at all he opts out to come home?

Not this year. The Bulls have to show that they can be an attractive free agent destination before any superstar wants to come to Chicago. The first steps have been taken with a new FO and coach. What I would love for the Bulls to do this year is figure out who from this core to keep, see an improvement in wins and player development and get a top 4 pick in next years draft. Then the following year see this team take the next steps and make the playoffs. If that happens the Bulls will be an attractive free agent destination in 2022.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#45 » by dice » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 am

jalen rose predicting that AD will stay with the lakers on 1+1 deals until lebron leaves, then bolt for chicago

awkward moment in a co-interview w/ lebron today when rachel nichols asked AD if lebron is now the GOAT over MJ. he bashfully hemmed and hawed, saying "he's different"
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#46 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 am

dice wrote:jalen rose predicting that AD will stay with the lakers on 1+1 deals until lebron leaves, then bolt for chicago

awkward moment in a co-interview w/ lebron today when rachel nichols asked AD if lebron is now the GOAT over MJ. he bashfully hemmed and hawed, saying "he's different"

So he told the absolute truth?
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#47 » by R3AL1TY » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 am

dice wrote:jalen rose predicting that AD will stay with the lakers on 1+1 deals until lebron leaves, then bolt for chicago

That's messed up they are putting AD on the spot like that where if he doesn't answer the right way, he can get kicked out of the banana boat club.
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#48 » by bulls_troy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:27 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:
meekrab wrote:There's a negative probability he opts out to sign here, we have about $3 million cap space. :lol: :crazy:

Porter, Carter, 4th pick for AD

Why would the Lakers, Lebron or AD agree to that?

This is a starting point IF does say he wants to come home. They get 2 young players in Wendell and the pick, while Otto makes salaries match
Twitter: @bulls_troy
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#49 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Yeah that was odd as hell. Nichols trying her best to push that narrative. Not sure why ESPN is so obsessed with that topic. If LeBron takes that mantle, the world/viewers will let it be known, most of whom preferred watching Sunday Night Football.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,422

Post#50 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:21 pm

AirLaVine8 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:
Porter, Carter, 4th pick for AD

Why would the Lakers, Lebron or AD agree to that?

This is a starting point IF does say he wants to come home. They get 2 young players in Wendell and the pick, while Otto makes salaries match

There is zero impetus for him to want to come to Chicago right now. They are favored to win the championship again next year, and if he came here he would be favored for a 4th seed in the East maybe.... pelicans did worse than that with him with a similar amount o talent.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,422

Post#51 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:

Yeah that was odd as hell. Nichols trying her best to push that narrative. Not sure why ESPN is so obsessed with that topic. If LeBron takes that mantle, the world/viewers will let it be known, most of whom preferred watching Sunday Night Football.

Because I is all about views. If you don’t say something controversial no one reads or watches it. The job of the media is o light fires this day and age because that is the revenue stream. Basically if she didn’t ask that she would not be doing the job her employers want her to do.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#52 » by mtron32 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:07 pm

AD spent years in NOLA playing for dogsht teams and getting bounce early in the POs. He now is in a good situation where he can beast, why on earth would he come to the Bulls who are years away from contention?
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#53 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 am

I suspect this a troll account but can someone verify? Have you seen credible rumors from this account? I probably answered my own question.

Read on Twitter
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,642

Post#54 » by Dez » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:50 am

MalagaBulls wrote:I suspect this a troll account but can someone verify? Have you seen credible rumors from this account? I probably answered my own question.

Read on Twitter

Don't do this to yourself dude, AD isn't coming and can't actually believe people think it's a chance.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#55 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:53 am

Dez wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:I suspect this a troll account but can someone verify? Have you seen credible rumors from this account? I probably answered my own question.

Read on Twitter

Don't do this to yourself dude, AD isn't coming and can't actually believe people think it's a chance.

Don´t worry dude, I am completely chilled on the idea. I just wanted feedback as to whether this account is a troll or bot account, that´s all. I know he isn´t coming to the Bulls but the Twitter fake news is annoying.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#56 » by Butler4thewin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am

Ad will never be a bull unless its after his prime
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#57 » by othawhitemeat » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:44 pm

I don't know if possible to get, but should always try to get him for an interview with FO in case he is either legit interested now or for future. Maybe he just wants to do a 1+1 with Lakers in case Lebron starts to slip, or maybe he is just started to get tired of Lebron despite them winning. Maybe he wants to be the centerpiece of a team for his home town, or bring his team back to relevancy since he now has a chip, etc...

I don't know but look at the positives we could offer.

A) Good young pieces in Coby, Zach, Lauri, Wendell, and the 4th pick. If needing to trade a contract like Otto, could pair with something. However, AD with Coby and Zach are great scoring options.
B) Complete overall of FO/Coaching which was awful the last 5 or so years. The Coach has credibility, AK and Eversley seem to have a true plan. Eversley has Nike Connections.
C) A weaker Eastern Conference than Western.
D) AD would be a marketing goldmine in Chicago
E) Could be the man
F) Maybe we could bring bag Drose and pair Chicago guys with young talent.
G) Cap Space next year to get more once Otto is gone and Felicio is off books along with early opt outs for Thad/Sato.

Let's just say somehow we trade Lauri for whatever and keep Wendell. Somehow trade Otto and get some kind of Asset.

1) Coby/Say somehow get Rose
2) Zach
3) Deni?/maybe a defensive sf drafted such as Okoro/Vassell/Nesmith
4) AD
5) Wendell/Gafford

I mean that is a great start and 3 scoring options with Rose off bench. Much better coach. Not saying we would win it next year, but we would be very talented in youth.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#58 » by ChettheJet » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Normally one issue cited for FA not coming to Chicago is the cold weather. If the league starts this year on the King holiday in January and adopts a January to August schedule does that take away some of the weather issue for FAs? All the other issues remain but could a schedule shift make a difference?
troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#59 » by troza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:36 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Normally one issue cited for FA not coming to Chicago is the cold weather. If the league starts this year on the King holiday in January and adopts a January to August schedule does that take away some of the weather issue for FAs? All the other issues remain but could a schedule shift make a difference?

I think that cold weather and stuff like that was always an excuse to not say that other projects were more interesting. Even if they just didn't want to be in our old structure.

The most popular player ever was Michael Jordan and he played here. We need to have a promising team, conditions in terms of finances to bring the players and availability to give them what they want like the Clippers did. That is what will bring players here.

The only team that consistently gets free agents and the best ones is the Lakers. I guess that Holywood and a very good structure is there but they also seem to give the players everything I stated above. And it just doesn't work all the time.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#60 » by Jcool0 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Nope

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls