ImageImageImageImageImage

serge removes all raptors content on his social media, Serge responds page 3

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

[FAKE NEWS] serge removes all raptors content on his social media 

Post#21 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:45 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:The story says from his bio not all content.

Same bio in Oct of 2019, per the screenshot above.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Re: [FAKE NEWS] Re: serge removes all raptors content on his social media 

Post#22 » by mintsa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:49 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Fake news.

We're likely giving him a fantastic one year contract and likely letting him go in 2021. Unless he stays for a very low bill to play with Giannis.

Does Serge fit with Giannis ?
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,108

Re: [FAKE NEWS] serge removes all raptors content on his social media 

Post#23 » by xAIRNESSx » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:The story says from his bio not all content.

Same bio in Oct of 2019, per the screenshot above.

Also still has us in his TikTok bio.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSxFbSeF/
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Re: serge removes all raptors content on his social media 

Post#24 » by gerrit4 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:01 pm

bstein14 wrote:Almost certain he was hoping to get the security of one last contract, a 4 year deal for about $80 million is probably what he wants. And the Raptors have no desire to lock up long term money in him.

You're probably right. The problem is, that even if we could get him at 4 years/$60 million, it still might not make sense for us.

My guess is that Masai makes an offer that fits the future plans of this team (which seems to be. 2021 cap flexibility) and then waits for Serge to either accept or not.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#25 » by fbalmeida » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:02 pm

mintsa wrote:

We're likely giving him a fantastic one year contract and likely letting him go in 2021. Unless he stays for a very low bill to play with Giannis.

Of course. It's the Brook Lopez role. Now that RHJ is likely gone, I don't think we have a single player that Giannis couldn't fit with.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#26 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:16 pm

Im looking at his IG and seeing Raptors content all over the place. Nothing has been been removed, bio looks the same as it always has.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#27 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Contract year and hunting for apparel deals.....how does Serge up his value?.......start a rumor he's removed his Raps content and watch his analytics go through the roof.

Serge playing 3D chess with the lot of you.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,730

Post#28 » by Duffman100 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Yeah I see an almost franchise tag NFL level money going to Serge with the 'wink' if we get Giannis, you'll sign a team friendly 2 year deal that will make a 3 year overall good deal.

With how close he is to OG and how much of a locker room voice him and FVV are, I can't see either of them walking. That's winning culture walking out the front door.
mintsa
Head Coach

Post#29 » by mintsa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:29 pm

fbalmeida wrote:
mintsa wrote:

Of course. It's the Brook Lopez role. Now that RHJ is likely gone, I don't think we have a single player that Giannis couldn't fit with.

Does Giannis move into the 5 spot and we go that route with are starting 5, therefore the Lopez/Serge role is not needed ?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,730

Post#30 » by Duffman100 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm

mintsa wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:
mintsa wrote:

Does Giannis move into the 5 spot and we go that route with are starting 5, therefore the Lopez/Serge role is not needed ?

I think you need someone take on the bigger bodies. The Embiids, Jokic etc. You don't want Giannis taking those centers on and draining him.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,200

Post#31 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:37 pm

I almost posted this earlier this week. It is fake news but I think there is a possibility Toronto loses him.

The ideal fit would be Brooklyn. He is close with Durant and they need a stretch big. He would probably love being in New York for the fashion and lifestyle.

Brooklyn has some good young talent so maybe a S&T could be worked out. I would love to see Dinwiddie or Levert and Allen come back.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#32 » by raptorstime » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Salute to Ibaka
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#33 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:54 pm

I'd honestly be good with a site wide ban with so and so does x with his social media pages.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,799

Post#34 » by ash_k » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Money talks, but he is such the perfect with us, under cNN.
He could safely accept a one-year deal knowing that his talent would be fully maximized for his next contract.
In Playoffs bubble, though it was quick he did average 20and10 against Brooklyn: I don't think he ever averaged those kind of numbers in any series in his career.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
mintsa
Head Coach

Post#35 » by mintsa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
mintsa wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:

I think you need someone take on the bigger bodies. The Embiids, Jokic etc. You don't want Giannis taking those centers on and draining him.

Good point. You’d move him to the 4 in those situations.

I love Giannis talk.....lol
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#36 » by fbalmeida » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
mintsa wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:

Of course.

Giannis needs good shooters, smart ball handlers, and cutters around him. He needs a team that can punish attempts to double or wall him off. Our non-centers Fred, TD2, Thomas, OG, and even Siakam, can all provide him that. I think a lineup of Fred, TD2, OG, and Siakam would work beautifully. Two shooters and two wingmen.

But if we're facing teams with better and bigger defensive bigs, we're going to need a Center out there who can space the floor.

I've been trying to figure out how we could land a guy like Kleber and make it work cap-wise, presuming that Ibaka will play only one year. We can, theoretically, pull it off: Powell + Boucher on a sign and trade + a 1st. But if we can get a robust agreement from Ibaka, of serving him up a massive one year payday in 2020 with him signing on for scraps to play with Giannis in 2021, we may not even need to look at Kleber right now.

One thing that leaves me hopeful is that McCaw, considering his cap-hold in 2021, is most certainly going to be chucked, sooner or later. I just hope we don't hold that off until actual 2021 free agency.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,889

Post#37 » by ItsDanger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:04 pm

He's pissed that he was not included in new uniform promo.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,346

Post#38 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:17 pm

bongmarley wrote:Going to be really hard to sign free agents if border still closed and Raps don't have a home arena to play out of

The border has never been closed. My wife has a colleague in grad school who has been back and forth to Winconsin several times. Her supervisor is also American and has gone back and forth at least twice.

The border was only ever 'soft closed' for tourism. It has always been open for commerce. A player that wants to workout or interview in Toronto can simply book a flight.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#39 » by Raptaz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:28 pm

problem with todays society, always want to be the "First" to post .

lock it up!
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#40 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:01 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
bongmarley wrote:Going to be really hard to sign free agents if border still closed and Raps don't have a home arena to play out of

The border has never been closed. My wife has a colleague in grad school who has been back and forth to Winconsin several times. Her supervisor is also American and has gone back and forth at least twice.

The border was only ever 'soft closed' for tourism. It has always been open for commerce. A player that wants to workout or interview in Toronto can simply book a flight.

Can't drive, but you can fly I think. Long as you can find an airline still doing it. And of course, put up with the lecturing from customs agents on your arrival back to Canada.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.

Return to Toronto Raptors