ImageImageImageImageImage

Death Lineup 2.0

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Re: Death Lineup 2.0 

Post#21 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’m trying to see a way to make the Lakers 3-headed monster of AD,Dwight, McGee obsolete. Most teams will have to adjust to their size — McGee is great regular season BIG.

McGee has a player option (4.2m)
Howard is a free agent
Morris is a free agent

Hopefully they find better offers elsewhere.

Let's just beg New Orleans for a Derrick Favors sign-n-trade.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#22 » by northoakland510 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Curry
Thompson
Wiggins
Green
Wiseman
drewbreeze
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#23 » by drewbreeze » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Nuggets have a guy we need in Jerami Grant. Big, solid defender, and he score inside or outside.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#24 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:I’m trying to see a way to make the Lakers 3-headed monster of AD,Dwight, McGee obsolete. Most teams will have to adjust to their size — McGee is great regular season BIG.

McGee has a player option (4.2m)
Howard is a free agent
Morris is a free agent

Hopefully they find better offers elsewhere.

Let's just beg New Orleans for a Derrick Favors sign-n-trade.

Sign and trade brings about the hard cap. Favors isn't worth that.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#25 » by Coxy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:The only possible death lineup I can think of is trading Wiggins, #2 and other stuff (Minn pick?) for Ben Simmons

Steph
Klay
B. Simmons
Dray
TPE guy

Chuck a guy like Duncan Robinson in there.

Steph
Klay
Robinson
B. Simmons
Dray

Steph, Klay and Robinson is ridiculous spacing and long ball shooting bombardment. Green and Simmons to defend and push the ball to get the shooters open.

Drool.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#26 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:I like Aaron Gordon. Gordon is 6-9, super athletic, good rebounder, can pass the ball, and can defend multiple positions.

C Green
PF Gordon
SF Wiggins
SG Thompson
PG Curry

If he didn't enter the dunk contests...would you even know the guy?

Career averages....12 pts. 6.4 rebounds...30% from three :( Those are horrible ...especially playing on really bad teams. Wow.

Gordon...looks the part....but he's all hype and no actual impact.

I would know the guy, he’s a local player. Played for a team in the PAC 12, played in the NCAA Tourney and matched up with Frank in a great game. He was drafted high, and he’s played a significant role in the NBA. I don’t think 15ppg, 7rpg, 3apg over the last 3 years while being a great switchable defender is anything to scoff at. He was a bubble guy for the all-star team a year or so back.

Gordon would be coming in on a bench role, and no way could you convince me that he wouldn’t be a good bench addition to any team. The guy can defend 1-4, he’s big and athletic like Kerr said we needed, he’s still young, he can catch lobs, play off ball, get out on the break, and help on the boards. He’s shot 33% from 3p over the last 3 years, but Iguodola short 32% over the last 3 years with us. If Gordon is your 5th best player on the court your a really good team in the NBA.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#27 » by tarantism » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:30 am

ShayDee wrote:Rudy Gay, JaMychal Green, James Johnson, Crowder, Oubre, Josh Jackson, Aminu, Ingles. Any of these in addition to our core 4 can be in death line up and are extremely realistic to acquire.

Unrealistic options require trading Wiggins and using MLE/2nd round pick on a top sharp shooter like Gallo,
Giannis, Simmons, Beal, Jrue, Siakam, Paul George, Covinton, Ingram, TJ Warren, Gordon, Barnes(Eww),
It would be worthwhile to take a look at Josh Jackson. I could see him playing some version of the Green role and be disruptive on defense at least. I'm sure he's available for the minimum.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#28 » by tarantism » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:41 am

The next death lineup addition ideally would have the size, length and quickness to switch on defense effectively while not being a total liability from the three. Aaron Gordon sure fits the bill. The problem is that he likely would need to come off ot the bench but he could potentially win 6th man of the year next year. He is not a go to scorer naturally but cutting/popping/rolling within the Warriors motion offense and floor spacing could be deadly.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#29 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 am

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:The only possible death lineup I can think of is trading Wiggins, #2 and other stuff (Minn pick?) for Ben Simmons

Steph
Klay
B. Simmons
Dray
TPE guy

Steph
Klay
Robinson
B. Simmons
Dray

Steph, Klay and Robinson is ridiculous spacing and long ball shooting bombardment. Green and Simmons to defend and push the ball to get the shooters open.

Drool.

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:14 am

Coxy wrote:

Steph
Klay
B. Simmons
Dray
TPE guy

Steph
Klay
Robinson
B. Simmons
Dray

Drool.

Robinson is cheap and they love him in Miami.

A guy who plays a lot like Robinson is Doug McDermott. They move very similar on offense. And Dougy McBuckets shot 44% from three this year. Would be a nice shooter off the bench.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,377

Post#31 » by svart » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:20 am

Mylie10 wrote:I never liked Thad Young. Especially as a defender.

Justice Winslow would look good on a closing lineup if healthy.

He was never healthy. Ever. I would not touch him.

I read the heat forum from time to time, and their fans threw a party when they got rid of him.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#32 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:15 am

ShayDee wrote:Rudy Gay, JaMychal Green, James Johnson, Crowder, Oubre, Josh Jackson, Aminu, Ingles. Any of these in addition to our core 4 can be in death line up and are extremely realistic to acquire.

Unrealistic options require trading Wiggins and using MLE/2nd round pick on a tall sharp shooter like Gallo,
Giannis, Simmons, Beal, Jrue, Siakam, Paul George, Covinton, Ingram, TJ Warren, Gordon, Barnes(Eww),

I'm going to revisit this post. You guys note this down, we probably a the end of the day end up with scenario 2 and we trade the #2 pick which I would hate. Just take the BPA being Wiseman :noway:
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#33 » by Coxy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:35 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Steph
Klay
B. Simmons
Dray
TPE guy

Steph
Klay
Robinson
B. Simmons
Dray

Drool.

A guy who plays a lot like Robinson is Doug McDermott. They move very similar on offense. And Dougy McBuckets shot 44% from three this year. Would be a nice shooter off the bench.

Good point. He should be a target.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#34 » by cdubbz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:13 pm

I’ll take some Doug Mcbuckets over Toscano.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#35 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:37 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:I like Aaron Gordon. Gordon is 6-9, super athletic, good rebounder, can pass the ball, and can defend multiple positions.

C Green
PF Gordon
SF Wiggins
SG Thompson
PG Curry

Career averages....12 pts. 6.4 rebounds...30% from three :( Those are horrible ...especially playing on really bad teams. Wow.

I would know the guy, he’s a local player. Played for a team in the PAC 12, played in the NCAA Tourney and matched up with Frank in a great game. He was drafted high, and he’s played a significant role in the NBA. I don’t think 15ppg, 7rpg, 3apg over the last 3 years while being a great switchable defender is anything to scoff at. He was a bubble guy for the all-star team a year or so back.

Gordon would be coming in on a bench role, and no way could you convince me that he wouldn’t be a good bench addition to any team. The guy can defend 1-4, he’s big and athletic like Kerr said we needed, he’s still young, he can catch lobs, play off ball, get out on the break, and help on the boards. He’s shot 33% from 3p over the last 3 years, but Iguodola short 32% over the last 3 years with us. If Gordon is your 5th best player on the court your a really good team in the NBA.

I agree. Gordon is maybe a little mentally fragile, I think it's completely reasonable to assume he'd be better being protected that way on the Warriors, and what he brings to the floor are skills the Warriors can use.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#36 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Steph
Klay
Robinson
B. Simmons
Dray

Drool.

Good point. He should be a target.

Only issue is he makes 7 mil.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#37 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

I agree. Gordon is maybe a little mentally fragile, I think it's completely reasonable to assume he'd be better being protected that way on the Warriors, and what he brings to the floor are skills the Warriors can use.

Yikes....Iggy is one of the top wing man defenders in history....he, Scotty, Gary Payton...in that category. There is so much difference there ....

I don't disagree that Warriors are stacked with Gordon as the 5th best guy on your team. I'd prefer a guy that has shown tenacious defense....has a great hoops IQ. I'll take that and grit and grind over the highlights at this point.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors