RIP to Embiid's dog
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#442 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
stormi wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:And the funny thing is he had lost all this weight in that one offseason unless the photos were doctored up. And yet he came back and seemed to only gain massive pounds during the season.

This aksjakflas. Wasn't him slimming down supposed to be one of the biggest positives of last summer, but come playoff time he was a popeyes biscuit away from looking and moving like Boston Shaq... I don't get it at all with this organization.

That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Embiid is a thick dude for sure and maybe the pandemic issue had something to do with it, but lets be clear. Embiid was not the problem in the playoffs nor was he Boston Shaquille Oneal level of fitness. Our lack of playmakers on the perimeter, our lack of defense on the perimeter, and no true point guard out there to run the offense were the issues. Brett Brown takes some of the blame as well. He helped put the roster together and relying on the likes of Raul Neto and Mike Scott was a mistake. Thank God we don't have to see anymore of his BS lineups.
Embiid could have been in tip top shape and the series still would have gone the way it did. Now i'm in complete agreement with you or anyone else that says Embiids conditioning needs work. It's been the issue with him since he's come into the league. I'd like to see him toned up and slimmed down to where he can play more of a faceup game. I think the reason he's bulked up so much is because he's had to play in the low post. It's not a good recipe long term for him to keep banging down low with mammoth sized centers like Gasol, Adams, and Drummond. Daniel Theis is short, but he's also as physical as they come. Brook Lopez, Favors, Zubac...These guys can all give Embiid trouble when he tries to play Bully ball. I think for his overall long term health and game, he needs to lose fifteen pounds and play more of a face up game similar to what Tim Duncan started doing. Carrying as much weight as he does is risky for him as he's proven to be quite injury prone.

Couldn't agree more. During his first season (2016-2017) Embiid was much more nimble on his feet and more than often went to work from 10-15 feet out. He still has a midrange game, but I feel like the opposition used to be caught guessing much more when Embiid faced the rim. During 2018-2019 there were times where he'd get the ball TOO far out and try taking his defender off the dribble (leading to awful passes/turnovers) but I wish Doc would get him the ball more in that sweet spot (10-15 feet from the rim) and we get to see those Hakeem moves he showed more of in 2016-2018, which I feel like he has lacked (Horford's presence has not helped this).
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Orangey
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#443 » by Orangey » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:07 pm

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#444 » by eyeatoma » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Orangey wrote:https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-rumors-houston-willing-to-sell-farm-for-joel-embiid-trade/

Sixers would get a OKC-Clippers sized return.

LOL, keep dreaming.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#445 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:35 pm

That Scoop B guy will really just tweet out anything huh?

If the rockets want to give an OKC sized return to someone they should ask OKC for their picks back.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#446 » by kriss73 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 pm

The Rockets simply have no farm to sell.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#447 » by Rastas » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Would need another teams assets, could be done but difficult.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#448 » by rzzzzz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 pm

GoSixersBro wrote: I wish Doc would get him the ball more in that sweet spot (10-15 feet from the rim) and we get to see those Hakeem moves he showed more of in 2016-2018, which I feel like he has lacked (Horford's presence has not helped this).

well Doc says that even though Joel has forward skills, that on this team HE IS THE 5. c'mon, he didn't jump immediately to Philly if he didn't think he had something tangible to work with. plus, he's kind of old school.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#449 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 am

Read on Twitter

I hope this is just a coaching issue.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#450 » by Mik317 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:32 pm

it was partly a scheme issue and partly a fat boi issue.

The scheme made it so Biid would rarely switch on the perimeter and would simply drop coverage which allowed for easy looks and thus the 52%. The idea was to keep him near the rim...but also save him from himself and save his legs on offense....because he is fat. Years prior, we would allow for occasiona switches and it never felt like a bad option...just not something that could keep up for a whole game. Remember we'd often have Biid watch Giannis and Pascal for example to stop their bullrushes. He can do it in a pinch which is all you really need.

Bam and AD are freaks tho
#NeverGonnaBeGood
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#451 » by BigSleep333 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Mik317 wrote:it was partly a scheme issue and partly a fat boi issue.

The scheme made it so Biid would rarely switch on the perimeter and would simply drop coverage which allowed for easy looks and thus the 52%. The idea was to keep him near the rim...but also save him from himself and save his legs on offense....because he is fat. Years prior, we would allow for occasiona switches and it never felt like a bad option...just not something that could keep up for a whole game. Remember we'd often have Biid watch Giannis and Pascal for example to stop their bullrushes. He can do it in a pinch which is all you really need.

heavy aint fat. i agree with you on the scheme part
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#452 » by phillynative » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Those guys are atleast 40 pounds smaller than embiid
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#453 » by Hussien Fatal » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Joel is too big for his own good. He will NEVER maximize his potential at his current 280-300lbs.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#454 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Agreed 100%. Joel was clearly moving with cement shoes all last season due to the weight. He absolutely needs to cut pounds to maximize his abilities on both ends.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#455 » by the_process » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Jo definitely needs to be 20 lbs lighter. He’s not going to be old school Shaq, that player is dead in this NBA.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#456 » by elchengue20 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 am

He has to lose weight. This last season hes been pretty bad on defense for his standars, permiter players were killing him in switches and PnR. Also hes going to get less tired, wich is another big issue.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#457 » by kuclas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:27 am

On the flip side. Bam and AD are really 6 foot 9 and avoid guarding Embiid like the plague if they are matched up. Bam and AD are not centers. They are really power forwards guarding guards.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#458 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:51 am

kuclas wrote:

On the flip side. Bam and AD are really 6 foot 9 and avoid guarding Embiid like the plague if they are matched up. Bam and AD are not centers. They are really power forwards guarding guards.

Unfair, but Biid should be as mobile as those guys. Or atleast be better than ayton, kanter or vuc.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#459 » by phillynative » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:05 pm

76ciology wrote:
kuclas wrote:

Unfair, but Biid should be as mobile as those guys. Or atleast be better than ayton, kanter or vuc.

Why woulf he be as mobile as Bam and Ad who are smaller, lighter and better athletes. I agree ge should be more mobile than ayton, kanter and vuc.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#460 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:00 pm

phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:
kuclas wrote:On the flip side. Bam and AD are really 6 foot 9 and avoid guarding Embiid like the plague if they are matched up. Bam and AD are not centers. They are really power forwards guarding guards.

Why woulf he be as mobile as Bam and Ad who are smaller, lighter and better athletes. I agree ge should be more mobile than ayton, kanter and vuc.

Strive for greatness? Even Steph is practicing to be a better shooter.

As a center, being mobile is just as important or maybe even more important than rim protection nowadays.

I hope one day Ben can carry our offense that it allows Biid to focus his energy more on defense

Return to Philadelphia 76ers