2020 2nd Round Draft Pick(s)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Re: 2020 2nd Round Draft Pick(s) 

Post#281 » by TGW » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:36 pm

doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:Tillman is a no-brainer in this draft. He gives off that Milsapp vibe. Once he develops a jumpshot, he's gucci.

He's climbed into the 1st round in many mocks though. I don't see him available by our rd 2 pick.

That's why I'd love to somehow get those Celtics picks if Okungwu is off the board. If we somehow got Nesmith/Bey/Tillman, I'm a happy camper.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,880

Post#282 » by Frichuela » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:42 pm

TGW wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:Tillman is a no-brainer in this draft. He gives off that Milsapp vibe. Once he develops a jumpshot, he's gucci.

He's climbed into the 1st round in many mocks though. I don't see him available by our rd 2 pick.

That's why I'd love to somehow get those Celtics picks if Okungwu is off the board. If we somehow got Nesmith/Bey/Tillman, I'm a happy camper.

Agreed, if Okongwu is not available, trading down with the Celtics could be rewarding
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#283 » by doclinkin » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:59 pm

TGW wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

I'd like those picks if we were talking Tyler Bey more than Saddiq. To me he's got something of a Shawn Marion read in his raw undeveloped game. Both 6'7" 216 coming out of college, both with ridiculous wingspan for their height. Unorthodox style on court, seemingly more instinctive than with perfect form etc, but undeniably effective. I'm curious to see how TBey works out in the league, no question Saddiq shows better BBIQ and a complete game, but the upside on TBey intrigues me as a cat who guards all positions, playing a one man zone. If we have extra picks I want a guy who can grow into something outstanding.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#284 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:00 pm

doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

I'd like those picks if we were talking Tyler Bey more than Saddiq. To me he's got something of a Shawn Marion read in his raw undeveloped game. Both 6'7" 216 coming out of college, both with ridiculous wingspan for their height. Unorthodox style on court, seemingly more instinctive than with perfect form etc, but undeniably effective. I'm curious to see how TBey works out in the league, no question Saddiq shows better BBIQ and a complete game, but the upside on TBey intrigues me as a cat who guards all positions, playing a one man zone. If we have extra picks I want a guy who can grow into something outstanding.

I was actually trying to think of who could be the next Shawn Marion and came up blank. Same with Thybulle being one of a kind even though he's not the athlete Marion was. I don't think it's TBey. Marion was a phenominal athlete and maybe the fastest player in the NBA when he entered it. TBey is good and a very interesting player but a couple levels lower, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#285 » by doclinkin » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:

I was actually trying to think of who could be the next Shawn Marion and came up blank. Same with Thybulle being one of a kind even though he's not the athlete Marion was. I don't think it's TBey. Marion was a phenominal athlete and maybe the fastest player in the NBA when he entered it. TBey is good and a very interesting player but a couple levels lower, imo.

I'd agree he is a discount version. Marion broke the mold, I've never seen a player like him.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#286 » by TGW » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:13 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

I'd agree he is a discount version. Marion broke the mold, I've never seen a player like him.

I'd be happy with either Bey, tbh. Tyler definitely has that marion feel to his game.

So much value in the later parts of the first round.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#287 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:43 am

doclinkin wrote:I'm on board for Carey. Highly productive young freshman, playing for Coach K at Duke so you know he is smart. A big who makes steals, suggests heads-up situational awareness. Developing outside shot. His highschool highlights show a guy who has a bit more game than he was asked to play in college. Handle, using the glass, the Ewing drop step, both face up and interior game. I'd like to get him a MGasol/Tim Duncan type as a mentor, but he definitely has raw materials for success. Huge and hasn't yet hit big time trainers who can help him develop. I can see him improving significantly with specialized training, he is not a stiff, good frame to take work on areas where he falls short. He is definitely on my list of productive defensive bigs. I like his upside, starting with the combination of size and IQ. I can see him as the keystone defender on a winning team. Given the right coaching and situation around him.

Right... hard to see anyone being available at #37 who was anywhere near as good as Carey, has anywhere near the upside Carey has, & is (like Carey) one of the youngest kids in the draft.

I've never seen a draft quite like this one.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#288 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:48 am

TGW wrote:...So much value in the later parts of the first round.

& in the first 1/2 of R2 as well.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#289 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:11 am

Frichuela wrote:...if Okongwu is not available, trading down with the Celtics could be rewarding

Yes, but not exclusively with them.

We could swap #9 to the Spurs for #11 & #41.
Or to the Kings for #12, #43 & #52.
Or the Pels for #13, #39 & #42.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#290 » by payitforward » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Anybody got an eye on Xavier's Tyrique Jones?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#291 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Pif mentioned Robert Woodard a while back, but we haven't discussed him. He might be the kind of defensive-minded 3 & D swing forward that plays well in today's NBA - with good athleticism and length. Not great stats https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/robert-woodard-2.html but a useful player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#292 » by Dat2U » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 pm

My fav 2nd round options in order.

G Malachi Flynn
C Xavier Tillman
G Cassius Stanley
G Desmond Bane
G Peyton Pritchard
G Cassius Winston
G Grant Riller
G Sam Merrill
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#293 » by Frichuela » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Dat2U wrote:My fav 2nd round options in order.

G Malachi Flynn
C Xavier Tillman
G Cassius Stanley
G Desmond Bane
G Peyton Pritchard
G Cassius Winston
G Grant Riller
G Sam Merrill

I like them, however I believe Flynn, Tillman and Bane are highly likely to be picked in the first round..

My list of fav 2rd options in order are:

G Grant Riller
PF Paul Reed
PF Tyler Bey
G Cassius Stanley
SF Elijah Hughes
G Cassius Winston
G Devon Dotson
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#294 » by Dat2U » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Frichuela wrote:

G Malachi Flynn
C Xavier Tillman
G Cassius Stanley
G Desmond Bane
G Peyton Pritchard
G Cassius Winston
G Grant Riller
G Sam Merrill

I like them, however I believe Flynn, Tillman and Bane are highly likely to be picked in the first round..

G Grant Riller
PF Paul Reed
PF Tyler Bey
G Cassius Stanley
SF Elijah Hughes
G Cassius Winston
G Devon Dotson

I have Paul Reed solid 1st lol. Tyler Bey late 1st. Dotson almost made my list. Hughes could definitely stick in the league too.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#295 » by Frichuela » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Frichuela wrote:

G Malachi Flynn
C Xavier Tillman
G Cassius Stanley
G Desmond Bane
G Peyton Pritchard
G Cassius Winston
G Grant Riller
G Sam Merrill

G Grant Riller
PF Paul Reed
PF Tyler Bey
G Cassius Stanley
SF Elijah Hughes
G Cassius Winston
G Devon Dotson

I have Paul Reed solid 1st lol. Tyler Bey late 1st. Dotson almost made my list. Hughes could definitely stick in the league too.

You may be right Dat, who knows! Whatever the case, this draft is surprisingly deep. We’ll have plenty of good options left to pick at #37...Tommy don’t mess it up!!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:27 pm

More on Malachi Flynn:
Read on Twitter

Could he be the Wizlets pick at 37?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#297 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Frichuela wrote:

G Malachi Flynn
C Xavier Tillman
G Cassius Stanley
G Desmond Bane
G Peyton Pritchard
G Cassius Winston
G Grant Riller
G Sam Merrill

G Grant Riller
PF Paul Reed
PF Tyler Bey
G Cassius Stanley
SF Elijah Hughes
G Cassius Winston
G Devon Dotson

I think Milwaukee would jump at Bane if he's there at 24. I think Tillman and Flynn last till the 2nd round because they don't look like 1st rounders. My 2 favorite 2nd rounders are Flynn and Pritchard. Riller right after them.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#298 » by pcbothwel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:More on Malachi Flynn:
Read on Twitter

He would be a great pick. Tre Jones looking healthy and showing high end athleticism after his hip issues is big too.
Add in Pritchard, Riller, and Winston as well... and there is no reason NOT to get a PG in this draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#299 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 pm

People are going to think TJ McConnell when they see Flynn, but Flynn's a more instinctive scorer with a quicker release on his 3 point shot.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#300 » by WizarDynasty » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:36 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:More on Malachi Flynn:
Read on Twitter

He would be a great pick. Tre Jones looking healthy and showing high end athleticism after his hip issues is big too.
Add in Pritchard, Riller, and Winston as well... and there is no reason NOT to get a PG in this draft.

I see issues with his hip bend. Can move explosively and keep his hips bent. Bad knees i think. He probably needs to be alot longer to make it on the wiz.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce

Return to Washington Wizards