ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Unique
Junior
And1: 373

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#1741 » by Unique » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:32 am

Bogdanovic is a gift from God if they manage to sign him.

Side info*: Bogdan and Giannis play together as teammates, the last 3-4 years, during a summer basketball expo tournament that takes place in Syros, Greece
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 701

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#1742 » by Rstuedes24 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:41 am

I’m sure most people probably don’t want him, but what about Melo if he would take a vet min?

Having him off the bench to torch second units would be nice. Trade for CP3 and we got half the banana boat crew, just in time for when Bron becomes a free agent and brings his talents to Cream City
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#1743 » by DingleJerry » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:13 am

WRau1 wrote:Whats the percentage on contested 3pt % on Bogdan? I could've swore that sometime before the shutdown, I heard SAC announcers talk about Bogdan having the best contested % in the league.

Yup, this is what's missed when looking just at percents. Bogdan's 37% is not the same at Wes' 36% due to the difficulty of shots they're taking. The Bucks players, other than Mid, are pretty much taking wide open catch/shoot shots.

Another example could be comparing our guys to say Dallas's. Percents probably aren't all that drastically different, but watch the games and you see a massive difference in shooting capabilities and what they can contribute to an offense.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1744 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:48 am

WRau1 wrote:Are all those 2 year deals on the Lakers, team options? Getting nothing but expirings, Kuzma and future 1sts is probably a better offer for CP3 than anything involving Bledsoe we could offer to OKC without getting a 3rd team involved.

Fortunately, the Lakers can't trade any future firsts for awhile because they've already been traded to New Orleans.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1745 » by mke_design » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:56 am

Rstuedes24 wrote:I’m sure most people probably don’t want him, but what about Melo if he would take a vet min?

Having him off the bench to torch second units would be nice. Trade for CP3 and we got half the banana boat crew, just in time for when Bron becomes a free agent and brings his talents to Cream City

No thanks.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
jvalin
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#1746 » by jvalin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:47 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we can sign Bogdan. If we offer him more than $10,235,263 in year 1 (=120% of current salary), the Base Year Compensation rule comes into effect. Good luck trying to think of a valid trade while taking into account the BYC rule.

Larry Coon's CBA FAQ wrote:If a team re-signs its Larry Bird or Early Bird free agent in order to trade the player in a sign-and-trade transaction, the player's new salary is greater than the minimum, he receives a raise greater than 20%, and the team is at or above the cap immediately after the signing, then the player's outgoing salary for trade purposes is either his previous salary or 50% of his new salary, whichever is greater. The team receiving the player always uses his new salary.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#1747 » by RiotPunch » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:21 am

jvalin wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we can sign Bogdan. If we offer him more than $10,235,263 in year 1 (=120% of current salary), the Base Year Compensation rule comes into effect. Good luck trying to think of a valid trade while taking into account the BYC rule.

Larry Coon's CBA FAQ wrote:If a team re-signs its Larry Bird or Early Bird free agent in order to trade the player in a sign-and-trade transaction, the player's new salary is greater than the minimum, he receives a raise greater than 20%, and the team is at or above the cap immediately after the signing, then the player's outgoing salary for trade purposes is either his previous salary or 50% of his new salary, whichever is greater. The team receiving the player always uses his new salary.

Of course we can't sign Bogdan, I'm guessing you meant to say trade.

If you would scroll back the last few pages you would see several ideas/frameworks for BYC legal sign-and-trades for him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#1748 » by Antinomy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Brook is great as a 4th best player but unfortunately he can get played off the floor in certain matchups. We need someone who can come in off the bench in those scenarios & be a threat. Preferably someone athletic at the 3-4 position.

We also need some leadership on this team. Giannis is the best player but he’s not the vocal leader that most great teams have. You need a guy who can galvanize the team.

My short list of moves I hope they make:
- Dump Bledsoe
- Bring in CP3
- Take a flyer on Jabari
- Bring in an athletic forward

I think Donte becomes a guy who can make plays off the dribble sooner rather than later.

We
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1749 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Whats the percentage on contested 3pt % on Bogdan? I could've swore that sometime before the shutdown, I heard SAC announcers talk about Bogdan having the best contested % in the league.

Yup, this is what's missed when looking just at percents. Bogdan's 37% is not the same at Wes' 36% due to the difficulty of shots they're taking. The Bucks players, other than Mid, are pretty much taking wide open catch/shoot shots.

Another example could be comparing our guys to say Dallas's. Percents probably aren't all that drastically different, but watch the games and you see a massive difference in shooting capabilities and what they can contribute to an offense.

Bogdan and Wes both shot 40% on " wide open 3 point attempts" this past season. By comparison, Middleton shot 49% on those shots. Those shots make up 20% of Bogdans shot profile, 10% of Middleton's.

Bogdan shot 32% on tight guarded 3 point attempts, nowhere near the league leaders. Middleton made 37% of these attempts.

Advanced stats do not show Bogdan to be anything special as a 3 point shooter.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#1750 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Why are we even talking about Bogdan, does the Bucks FO just read ESPN's team needs and go off that? We shouldn't be making any moves until we solve the obvious glaring issue that we cannot break down a half court defense in the playoffs.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#1751 » by truly » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:55 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Bogdan and Wes both shot 40% on " wide open 3 point attempts" this past season. By comparison, Middleton shot 49% on those shots. Those shots make up 20% of Bogdans shot profile, 10% of Middleton's.

Bogdan shot 32% on tight guarded 3 point attempts, nowhere near the league leaders. Middleton made 37% of these attempts.

Who do you think is a better shooter,George Hill or Duncan Robinson?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1752 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:42 pm

truly wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Who do you think is a better shooter,George Hill or Duncan Robinson?

Robinson made an amazing 41% of tight guarded 3s. Him, easily.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#1753 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:11 pm

where has the discussion been about the trade and salary scenarios where we could acquire paul? just scattered around in this thread?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1754 » by WRau1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:12 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Why are we even talking about Bogdan, does the Bucks FO just read ESPN's team needs and go off that? We shouldn't be making any moves until we solve the obvious glaring issue that we cannot break down a half court defense in the playoffs.

Bucks have been linked to Bogdan since last season.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#1755 » by Daver » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

So because george hill shoots as good or better from 3 than duncan robinson does that makes hill a better shooter therefore no need for us to get a 3 pt sniper like robinson then.
Bogdan will bring you much more O than wes ever will to say because of 1 stat that mathews is as good as bogdan is IMO wrong.
Bucks had zero scoring from the 2 spot i dont care how good wes D was i for one would like our SG to give you more than 10 a game consistently
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1756 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:I like bogdan but not as a starter or at the $$$ that he wants

Well, he's obviously going to get paid - not because that's what he wants - but because he's a damn good player, and everyone knows he's a damn good player.

Well corona kind of clouds this since we have no idea what the cap is or what the penalties etc for going over the cap when every team is going to be over etc.
But anyway Lou Williams 3yrs/$24mil was a great deal but Bogdan at $17mil plus as a 6th man makes me cringe. If Bogdan is our starting SG who is he better than at that position in the East? I’ve been harping that our guard rotation is trash and Bogdan makes us better but if most playoff teams in the east aside from Philly have 2 or 3 guards that are better than Bogdan it’s hard form me to get excited about. I feel like we could add Tyler Johnson on a value contract giving up nothing and IF he stays healthy we are better defensively and if our offensive scheme doesn’t change not much worse offensively than giving up stuff for Bogdan. I don’t know, I can be talked into it at the right price I guess and if contracts take a huge dip this offseason then maybe it’s the right time to do it, but are players going to sign for more than 1 year this offseason? And if so I’m willing to give up practically nothing for him.

Tyler Johnson isn't in the same neighborhood, league, planet as Bogdan. There's absolutely zero comparison. And Bogdan adds versatility, because he can play forward, as well. He's a player, more than a guard.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,678

Post#1757 » by msiris » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Get CP and take a flyer on Alex Burke. Keep the draft pick. Need to work more younger players in.
Ride the tank
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#1758 » by DingleJerry » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Spoiler:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

That's really not what I'm saying. I'd guess if you want to do all this diggin you can, but you'd have to look at the volume of attempts too in each bucket, including ones off the dribble and or ones running around screens in motion. That's what my point was based around. Big pic, a guy like Wes is motionless. A guy like Bogdon is not, and those shots are harder. Also, Wes isn't a problem in shooting, he's fine, he's also getting old and has a torn achilles though. But comping to him isn't really worthwhile, I'd take both. Its after Wes, those guys are are lows 30s guys while shooting predominantly open catch/shoots we need to improve upon.

Same with Mid, I know Mid is a better shooter. And I don't claim Bogdon is Klay Thompson. I'm saying his 37 probably creeps up to 39/40ish in our situation with Giannis. Or if it stays the same but brings more creativity the offense and it doesn't change his shot profile much, so be it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1759 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:
If it's out there that we're interested, my guess is Horst and Dumars have already talked about it.

Monte McNair is the new GM for Sacramento.

I'm guessing this whole thing is manufactured by Giannis agent, who is also Bogdan's agent. Just a ploy to drive up his price.

I doubt we have true interest. Too many obstacles to get a questionable fit player.

A skilled 6'6" wing who can dribble, pass, & shoot is a questionable fit? What are we doing here?

That 6'6 is without shoes, and he's got a 6'11 wingspan and weighs about 220. He's a multi-talented and gifted player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#1760 » by JayMKE » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm

I'm not against Bogdan in a vacuum but I'm not giving that much up for him when we're going to have to pay him probably $20M a season, getting him would make it even more imperative to get CP3. CP3 is the only guy that can save Bud from himself as a coach I think, I think we're **** if we double down on what hasn't worked already.

I think clearly at this point we can say Horst made a big mistake choosing Bledsoe over Brogdon, Bogdan would be "correcting" that mistake and probably downgrading talent wise.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks