ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1161 » by crkone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:52 pm

What is up with companies not having an online way to cancel subscriptions? I was going to get the Journal Sentinel for a few months but I'm not dealing with having to call a call center to end my subscription.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#1162 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:00 pm

crkone wrote:What is up with companies not having an online way to cancel subscriptions? I was going to get the Journal Sentinel for a few months but I'm not dealing with having to call a call center to end my subscription.

Not sure but it feels like they do this so it's harder to cancel. I feel the same way as you though, it keeps me from subscribing in the first place.
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1163 » by crkone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
crkone wrote:What is up with companies not having an online way to cancel subscriptions? I was going to get the Journal Sentinel for a few months but I'm not dealing with having to call a call center to end my subscription.

Not sure but it feels like they do this so it's harder to cancel. I feel the same way as you though, it keeps me from subscribing in the first place.

There are probably not enough people who read the fine print for it to matter to them. I was just looking for the cost after the trial run and saw that it auto-subscribes and you have to call them to cancel.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#1164 » by chonestown » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Teo over Loma in 8, there I said it.

Fight of the year on regular-ass ESPN tonight. Be there or be, how you say, a four sided polygon defined by right angles and identically-length sides.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#1165 » by humanrefutation » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 pm

chonestown wrote:Teo over Loma in 8, there I said it.

Fight of the year on regular-ass ESPN tonight. Be there or be, how you say, a four sided polygon defined by right angles and identically-length sides.

Either Teofimo knocks out Loma or Loma wins a clear decision.

I've got Loma in a UD, but Teofimo winning this one would make him the star of the sport.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1166 » by chonestown » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:47 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
chonestown wrote:Teo over Loma in 8, there I said it.

Either Teofimo knocks out Loma or Loma wins a clear decision.

I've got Loma in a UD, but Teofimo winning this one would make him the star of the sport.

My thoughts as well. I do think Teo's boxing skills have been undersold. He's so much bigger than Loma, too.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1167 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:28 am

Loma won that last round, right?
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1168 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:39 am

I still have Lopez after 11. *Disclaimer: I watch one boxing match every 5 years*
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1169 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:50 am

Correct decision.
#FreeChuckDiesel
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1170 » by chonestown » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:50 am

I had it 116-112 Teo. Lopez takes rounds 1-7, Loma takes 8-11, Teo takes 12.

Loma won the more action-packed rounds, but he gave away the front half. Teo clearly took the last round.

Official scores were too wide, but Teo showed he has skills beyond power.

chonestown
General Manager

Post#1171 » by chonestown » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:51 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Loma won that last round, right?

Um, no Peg.

<flushes toilet>

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#1172 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:45 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Home connected gym stuff:
Spoiler:
Okay, so this is the opposite of a donut, but...

Does anyone have a "smart" home treadmill or bike? I've been loosely interested in them for a while, but didn't want to spend Peloton money really and also didn't know about the alternatives.

I'm a light runner (~15mi/week in warm months), but do not run outside in cool months (exercise asthma) nor do I go to a gym or have a treadmill today. I'm also not the biggest treadmill fan, but think I could maybe get into it if I had a giant screen with someone encouraging me or with a good view to immerse me.

Conversely, I am not a biker, but mostly I think just because I always feel like I am on the verge of dying biking outside (cars). I actually think I'm more prone to bike inside vs run, but not totally sure, as I've never had either.

I've gotten interested in this deal from ProForm where you buy 3 years of their subscription service (iFit) and you get the bike or treadmill for free. Which is, by far, the best deal available in this market. The issue with the treadmill is that the screen is barely bigger than your phone; I don't have an issue with the bike (screen is iPad-sized) per se, but I'm wondering if it's better to just bite the bullet and get something better if you're going to do it. Granted, I don't know if something IS better. I just don't know.

What I do know is that, I think especially with the pandemic and us taking lockdown seriously for a variety of reasons, I'm more interested that ever in getting some serious home gym equipment.

So long story short, finally - anyone have any opinions on smart home gym equipment?

I ended up getting a mid-range Schwinn IC4 ($900), which touts its connectivity to the Peloton app and helping to recreate the experience; it tracks your metrics and sends them right to the app, which then displays them for you on-screen. And so far, so great. I totally get the appeal of Peloton after using it a few times. Happy to be able to get a similar experience and access to all of their classes, with way less price/commitment.
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#1173 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:43 am

The pandemic and election craziness has really shed some light on the political differences my girlfriend and I have. She has said some things lately that I never would have thought possible. Still a lot of love there but I’m not sure we’re gonna make it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#1174 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:13 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Spoiler:

Does anyone have a "smart" home treadmill or bike? I've been loosely interested in them for a while, but didn't want to spend Peloton money really and also didn't know about the alternatives.

I'm a light runner (~15mi/week in warm months), but do not run outside in cool months (exercise asthma) nor do I go to a gym or have a treadmill today. I'm also not the biggest treadmill fan, but think I could maybe get into it if I had a giant screen with someone encouraging me or with a good view to immerse me.

Conversely, I am not a biker, but mostly I think just because I always feel like I am on the verge of dying biking outside (cars). I actually think I'm more prone to bike inside vs run, but not totally sure, as I've never had either.

I've gotten interested in this deal from ProForm where you buy 3 years of their subscription service (iFit) and you get the bike or treadmill for free. Which is, by far, the best deal available in this market. The issue with the treadmill is that the screen is barely bigger than your phone; I don't have an issue with the bike (screen is iPad-sized) per se, but I'm wondering if it's better to just bite the bullet and get something better if you're going to do it. Granted, I don't know if something IS better. I just don't know.

What I do know is that, I think especially with the pandemic and us taking lockdown seriously for a variety of reasons, I'm more interested that ever in getting some serious home gym equipment.

So long story short, finally - anyone have any opinions on smart home gym equipment?

I ended up getting a mid-range Schwinn IC4 ($900), which touts its connectivity to the Peloton app and helping to recreate the experience; it tracks your metrics and sends them right to the app, which then displays them for you on-screen. And so far, so great. I totally get the appeal of Peloton after using it a few times. Happy to be able to get a similar experience and access to all of their classes, with way less price/commitment.

Do you have to pay for the app?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#1175 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:26 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Spoiler:

Do you have to pay for the app?

You do, but it's only $13/mo, compared to $39 when you have their equipment (mandatory to use the screens). Pretty small cost IMO compared to even the cheapest of gym memberships. Honestly, $39 isn't bad when you made that comparison either, but obviously $13 is much better.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#1176 » by Nowak008 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:48 pm

My kids daycare has been shutdown because a teacher in a classroom tested positive. Two weeks of hell working from home and watching kids. Daycare finally reopens... furnace breaks the first day they go back. Going to be closed for another week. :banghead:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#1177 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:22 am

I hear a lot of kids and babies on my work Zoom calls lol
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1178 » by WRau1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm

So I want a pair of the Nike Air Max 97 (Nintendo 64 colorway). What site do you sneakerheads order from?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1179 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm

WRau1 wrote:So I want a pair of the Nike Air Max 97 (Nintendo 64 colorway). What site do you sneakerheads order from?

I typically just go to StockX to find specific shoes I want because it's easy. Can't really speak to whether or not it's more expensive than other options.

https://stockx.com/nike-air-max-97-nintendo-64
#FreeChuckDiesel
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#1180 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:02 pm

So I ended up getting a Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew drip machine for 70 bucks at Target. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong but it tastes like ****. Tried pre ground and grinded my own and both pots sucked. I think it’s too watery but not sure why it would be.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks