ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-'21 CFB SEASON (if there is one) / '21 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 2020-'21 CFB SEASON (if there is one) / '21 NFL DRAFT 

Post#21 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:08 pm

I’m watching Florida & Ole Miss game on ESPN. All-American TE Kyle Pitts is one of the best receiving TEs I’ve ever seen. I don’t know about his blocking skills (FL running a spread offense) but as a receiver he’s going to be a Travis Kelce / Zach Ertz type of talent in the league. He’ll definitely will need to put on more muscle weight to his lean frame.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#22 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:So is Lawrence really all that as a pro prospect?

HE racks up huge numbers with the talent advantage Clemson has against most teams.

But he couldn't keep up with Burrow last year when they needed him to go score for score.

Nah he balled out during the playoffs. I used to say the same thing about him but the kid is the real deal. He singlehandedly defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes with his running ability and talented arm. I stopped doubting him then.

I remember those runs. But he's not a runner like Murray or Jackson.

Would be more impressed if he can scramble and extend plays and hit big pass plays.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#23 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:24 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:PATRICK SURTAIN JR.
DB, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Speaking with Fran Duffy on the 'Journey to the Draft' podcast, The Athletic's Dane Brugler forwarded Alabama junior CB Patrick Surtain as his pick for first defensive player drafted in the spring.

Brugler explained that while "you could argue" that Penn State LB Micah Parsons is the more talented defender at this juncture, but that Surtain's position and its importance inherently give the Alabama junior a leg up in terms of likely draft position. The evaluator believes we could see Surtain pegged off the spring board around the same lofty slot as OSU's Jeffrey Okudah. Okudah was selected by the Lions with the No. 3 overall pick in April.
SOURCE: Journey to the Draft

Sep 2, 2020, 12:51 PM ET

is he actually that good? or is his name part of his hype?

I’ve seen him get beat badly last year, but Jamar Chase will do that to almost anyone. I also seen Auburn Seth Williams getting the best of him. Having said that, he’s one of my favorite corners to come out of the college ranks since Janoris Jenkins left the college ranks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/after-ravens-lock-up-marlon-humphrey-here-are-seven-other-players-due-for-big-contracts/
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#24 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:23 am

DB
OL
Pass rusher

Repeat
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#25 » by Bald Bull » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Trey Lance or Fields?
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#26 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:44 pm

QB
QB
QB
QB

Remember when we passed on Mahomes and Watson for Solomon Thomas? Kittle aside, that was a really, really bad draft....

I'm just slightly joking. Garoppolo has the rest of the season to show that he can win games when everything else isn't clicking. If he can't, he's gone. It's a shame, 'cause he could certainly do it pre-injury.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#27 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:QB
QB
QB
QB

Remember when we passed on Mahomes and Watson for Solomon Thomas? Kittle aside, that was a really, really bad draft....

I'm just slightly joking. Garoppolo has the rest of the season to show that he can win games when everything else isn't clicking. If he can't, he's gone. It's a shame, 'cause he could certainly do it pre-injury.

I didn’t want to make the trade for Jimmy G to begin with. Acquiring him from the Patriots led to him winning some meaningful games, and out of position to draft a franchise QB that offseason. Rumor has it that we didn’t even bother scouting the QBs because we had Garoppolo on the roster. Had we not have him, Shanahan would have undoubtedly scouted and fall in love with Mahomes.
wco81
RealGM

Post#28 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
QB
QB
QB

I didn’t want to make the trade for Jimmy G to begin with. Acquiring him from the Patriots led to him winning some meaningful games, and out of position to draft a franchise QB that offseason. Rumor has it that we didn’t even bother scouting the QBs because we had Garoppolo on the roster. Had we not have him, Shanahan would have undoubtedly scouted and fall in love with Mahomes.

I think Kyle really needed it. Team was off to a real poor record and he wanted to win, not position for the draft, even though that would have been the better strategy.

In any event, say they cut ties, because apparently his contract allows that. Who replaces him?

At this point, they can't go for another developmental project. Will there be someone available like Tannehill, who went through his rookie deal with Dolphins who cut him loose but change of scenery raised his level of play?

Maybe take a chance on someone like Darnold? Or Rosen? Not sure Rosen would be available but Darnold could be.

Rest of the team is ready to contend so do you take a chance on someone unproven?
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#29 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 am

wco81 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
QB
QB
QB

I think Kyle really needed it. Team was off to a real poor record and he wanted to win, not position for the draft, even though that would have been the better strategy.

In any event, say they cut ties, because apparently his contract allows that. Who replaces him?

At this point, they can't go for another developmental project. Will there be someone available like Tannehill, who went through his rookie deal with Dolphins who cut him loose but change of scenery raised his level of play?

Maybe take a chance on someone like Darnold? Or Rosen? Not sure Rosen would be available but Darnold could be.

Rest of the team is ready to contend so do you take a chance on someone unproven?

:nod: I’d love to have Darnold. He would excel in our system. He’s much more mobile in the pocket than any other QB on our roster.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#30 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
QB
QB
QB

We traded for Garoppolo the season after Mahomes came out. Shanahan scouted Mahomes and decided he didn't want him. Watson too.
wco81
RealGM

Post#31 » by wco81 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:45 am

Well that's if Darnold hasn't been broken by his years with the Jets.

As far as Mahomes, lot of teams obviously didn't think he'd be this kind of player.

Maybe Reid got way more out of him than Kyle or any other coach would have gotten. I think McVay would have designed easy plays for him, though he doesn't need tricky bubble screens like Goff.

But Mahomes' genius is really making plays on the run. He's better at it than Wilson or young Rothlisberger. He just buys enough time for Hill to get 40 yards downfield and he's got a cannon arm with elite ball placement.

It seems most of the big pass plays he makes are second reaction or off-schedule as Kyle likes to call it, not off play design. So that may be why Kyle didn't want him not running his "glorious" plays the way God intended.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#32 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Trevor Lawrence is on fire

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#33 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:08 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Trevor Lawrence is on fire

Read on Twitter
?s=20

TREVOR LAWRENCE
QB, CLEMSON TIGERS

Clemson junior QB Trevor Lawrence completed 24-of-32 passes for 404 yards with five touchdowns and an interception in a 73-7 win over Georgia Tech on Saturday.

Oh what a game this could have been for Clemson if this game was remotely close. While the 6-foot-6, 220-pound quarterback did throw an interception, he was pretty much perfect outside of that throw, and all five touchdowns came in the first half to build a 52-7 lead against a completely overmatched Georgia Tech defense. And offense. And special teams. The interception was the first he had thrown since October 19. Lawrence is as good as it gets in the sport, and Clemson improves to 5-0 on the season. They'll improve to 6-0 after they beat Syracuse next Saturday.

Oct 17, 2020, 3:29 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#34 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Justin Fields is an elite QB:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#35 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Justin Fields stats: 15/16, 218 yards, 1TD. Th only incomplete pass was a 50+ yarder that was dropped by his #1 receiver Olave in the endzone.

Edit: as soon as I made that post he decided to scramble for a 15 or 20 yard touchdown.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#36 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:59 pm

If this kid drops to us in the second round we must draft him. He’s the next Desean Jackson:

JAYLEN WADDLE
WR, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Alabama HC Nick Saban said on Monday that junior WR Jaylen Waddle's ankle surgery was "very, very successful."

"The long term prognosis for his surgery is very good," Saban said. Waddle (5'10/182) suffered a fractured ankle on the first play of Saturday's win at Tennessee. With the surgery portion of the process handled, the junior wide receiver now begins the arduous task of rehabilitation. Waddle will also have to decide whether he'll return to Alabama for his senior year or turn pro, with some draft analysts giving the talented wide receiver a Day 1 grade.
SOURCE: Matt Zenitz on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 1:30 PM ET
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#37 » by I_am_1z » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:41 pm

Ricky White is incredibly good. Just so instinctive. Actually understands how to play WR
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#38 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:14 pm

JAHAN DOTSON
WR, PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS

Penn State junior WR Jahan Dotson caught eight passes for 144 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 38-25 loss to Ohio State.

It is not often a wide receiver catches all three of a team's passing touchdowns in a given night, but here Dotson is, having completed that exact feat. Dotson had himself a solid game last week, which included a touchdown, but this week's performance was really something of a breakout for him. Dotson was mostly a role player last year, so a three-touchdown performance like this is not exactly his normal. At 5-foot-11 and 183-pounds, Dotson is not typical No.1 WR size, but he is so shifty and dangerous in space that he makes it work.

Nov 1, 2020, 12:37 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#39 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:15 pm

CHRIS OLAVE
WR, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Ohio State junior WR Chris Olave caught seven passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 38-25 win over Penn State.

Olave (6'1/188) was QB Justin Fields' go-to guy, no question about it. Somehow an underrated wide receiver headed into the season, Olave has been a monster through a couple games in 2020. What's more is that Olave was questionable to play this week seeing as he got knocked out a bit early against Nebraska with a head injury. However, Olave prevailed and put up an outstanding performance, catching two touchdowns passes on the sideline, one of which was a contested back shoulder pass.

Nov 1, 2020, 12:30 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#40 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:19 pm

Fields is definitely a better deep ball passer than Lawrence. If that means much of anything. If it hadn’t been for Lawrence coming out this year, Fields would have been the clear cut #1 overall pick:

JUSTIN FIELDS
QB, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Ohio State junior QB Justin Fields completed 28-of-34 passes for 318 yards and four touchdowns in Saturday's 38-25 win over Penn State.

Typically, Fields' passing efforts are complemented in part by his rushing ability, but that was not the case here. Fields (6'3/228) finished the day with -4 rushing yards. Instead, his wonderful passing efforts stood by themselves, further solidifying Fields as a clear top-two QB prospect for the 2021 class. All throughout the evening, Fields did a great job finding and trusting his top wide receiver, Chris Olave. Expect Fields to continue tearing up the competition, regardless of who lines up across from him.

Oct 31, 2020, 11:34 PM ET

Return to San Francisco 49ers