ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,255

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#801 » by Beenie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 am

goodboy wrote:
Miami590 wrote:
goodboy wrote:I go for 1-2 days and I see Harden talks... SMH NO PLS.

Horrific fit next to Butler.

Need a big star/versatile player in Dipo small guard.

How is he a terrible fit next to Butler? Butler prefers to be an all around player and he doesn’t care much about scoring so Harden would allow Butler to do what he does best. I think we can all agree that what we need the most on this team is a player who can carry some of the load on offence. Which is why Dragic’s absent in the final was a big reason why we lost.

He will disrupt majority of our offensive plays/schemes. Heat thrive on moving the ball and spacing the floor. Also Butler needs the ball in his hands most of the time to be effective. Harden will take all that away. Butler is a better playmaker/passer and facilitator.

I get hes the eye candy on the score sheet, but as you mentioned, dragic's offense was missed but his play making was as important to set up Bam for alot of those plays and points.

To conclude this, we were literally close to winning it all... Going up against 2 superstars, when we technically had none aside from Butler's run.

Not willing to gut up the team for Harden, no bueno baby pls.

'Heat Harden' would effectively be a bigger and better version of Dragic. Nobody seems to have issues when Dragic get his ISO looks which, BTW, aren't always effective or pretty for that matter.
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#802 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:14 am

Duncan Robinson, Nunn, some draft picks, and fillers. Sign me up (assuming we are convinced he wants this culture). He’s developed some bad habits in Houston, but nothing a full training camp and regular season couldn’t break.

Asking for Herro and the farm, thanks but no thanks. I want to see that kid develop in a heat uniform.

Still i don’t think Riley would turn it down. Harden is a better fit than Giannis, and assuming a trade could be worked out would be a guarantee rather than a hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#803 » by Bishop45 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:16 am

DayofMourning wrote:With Harden added to this team, we'd win it all. Trading everyone on this team to get him, and we wouldn't. Itd take Bam, Herro, Nunn and our pick. Giannis would never come here either.

This is reasonable.

We'd have to do exceptionally well filling out the roster like Lakers, Warriors and past top heavy teams have. I get that, I just think it's much harder to try to win sans a top 5 player and would take that weighted risk if I had to. Harden/Butler/Robinson could lead a great team, and I don't find it hard to imagine
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#804 » by contract » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 am

MartyCONLONNN wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:I think it's fairly clear that Miami is all in on Giannis. The real question is what re-tooling, if any, do they attempt this offseason. How does the Oladipo situation unfold? Does he somehow become part of the pitch for 2021? This offseason will be interesting on the ramifications of Bam's extension decision alone.

People keep bringing up the Bam contract like Bam is one of these me first what you doing for me rn kids of now days. From what I've seen from Bam he's not like that, regardless of what happens, he WILL be a max player whether it be next season or the one after that, I don't see him kicking and screaming if doesn't get it right now, knowing that if he waits a year when his contract is up, the team as a whole will be much better and he'll get to do a lot of what he cares most about....Winning. No matter what he will have what ever contract he wants from the Heat, even if he's injured next season, we know what he is. Bam and Jimmy are a different mentality than most of today's NBA players and that's one of the reasons why I love them so much, they want to win. Also I don't believe Dipo moves the needle for us, Herro can possibly be better this coming season than him, the onlything Dipo has on em relly would be defense, Only way I'd take em is if we're fleecing Indy and I got a very strong feeling it will be them trying to fleece us.

Personally I think this is a very fan-centric perspective. Anything can happen in a year to dissuade a team from committing 100M+. Example: If Bosh got blood clots the season before his free agency he would not have gotten a max contract. And look what happened to Boogie. He missed out on over a hundred million dollars with that achilles tear. Bam hasn't gotten his first big contract and unless there is a plan in place with a particular name and some indication of mutual interest, he will want his money and his agent will want his money for his client ASAP. Last time Heat fan's romanticized and took the money & respect component for granted, Wade walked away and we were all left with our jaws dropped.

Yes, Bam is a team player and wants to win but I do not believe he would leave his future security up to chance unless he was sold on a very detailed plan/vision. Even then, I still think it's not such an easy decision.. which is why Shams and people around the league are linking it so closely to Giannis.

That's spot on, but it's not Bam's decision. He's under contract for another year and the Heat can, should, and will wait to pay him ... unless he's willing to start his new deal at or below his cap hold money (~ $15,000,000), which would be insane. When he becomes a free agent we can still pay him more than anyone else, and if we're winning and adding talent, it should be an easy sell.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#805 » by HEATVols865 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:38 am

HASSAN is a free agent...maybe we should...

I’ll let myself out...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
contract
RealGM

Post#806 » by contract » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:47 am

Beenie wrote:'Heat Harden' would effectively be a bigger and better version of Dragic. Nobody seems to have issues when Dragic get his ISO looks which, BTW, aren't always effective or pretty for that matter.

That's a flawed comparison. Dragic fits in and does whatever the team needs him to do. If we trade for Harden, Harden becomes the offense.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#807 » by Dr_Heat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:48 am

HEATVols865 wrote:HASSAN is a free agent...maybe we should...

I’ll let myself out...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#808 » by goodboy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:58 am

DayofMourning wrote:With Harden added to this team, we'd win it all. Trading everyone on this team to get him, and we wouldn't. Itd take Bam, Herro, Nunn and our pick. Giannis would never come here either.

Go hang up things @ your home patrick, youre drunk.

Trading a rising star in Bam, and a top prospect in Herro for a dude who gets bounced in the playoffs.

fffffffffffffoh
Bright
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#809 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:03 am

contract wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:

People keep bringing up the Bam contract like Bam is one of these me first what you doing for me rn kids of now days. From what I've seen from Bam he's not like that, regardless of what happens, he WILL be a max player whether it be next season or the one after that, I don't see him kicking and screaming if doesn't get it right now, knowing that if he waits a year when his contract is up, the team as a whole will be much better and he'll get to do a lot of what he cares most about....Winning. No matter what he will have what ever contract he wants from the Heat, even if he's injured next season, we know what he is. Bam and Jimmy are a different mentality than most of today's NBA players and that's one of the reasons why I love them so much, they want to win. Also I don't believe Dipo moves the needle for us, Herro can possibly be better this coming season than him, the onlything Dipo has on em relly would be defense, Only way I'd take em is if we're fleecing Indy and I got a very strong feeling it will be them trying to fleece us.

Personally I think this is a very fan-centric perspective. Anything can happen in a year to dissuade a team from committing 100M+. Example: If Bosh got blood clots the season before his free agency he would not have gotten a max contract. And look what happened to Boogie. He missed out on over a hundred million dollars with that achilles tear. Bam hasn't gotten his first big contract and unless there is a plan in place with a particular name and some indication of mutual interest, he will want his money and his agent will want his money for his client ASAP. Last time Heat fan's romanticized and took the money & respect component for granted, Wade walked away and we were all left with our jaws dropped.

Yes, Bam is a team player and wants to win but I do not believe he would leave his future security up to chance unless he was sold on a very detailed plan/vision. Even then, I still think it's not such an easy decision.. which is why Shams and people around the league are linking it so closely to Giannis.

That's spot on, but it's not Bam's decision. He's under contract for another year and the Heat can, should, and will wait to pay him ... unless he's willing to start his new deal at or below his cap hold money (~ $15,000,000), which would be insane. When he becomes a free agent we can still pay him more than anyone else, and if we're winning and adding talent, it should be an easy sell.

Everyone is missing the disrespect factor and the consequences it brings. Butler has gone on the record saying how you are paid is how a team sees you. The 76er in the end were offering him more but they disrespected him and he left. You are literally telling an all star, possibly the best center in the East to get to the back of the line on the possibility we might get someone? If for fun we tried that stunt with Butler how would he react? The Magic at one time went over the Lakers offer but by then the damage was done and Shaq was a Laker. You cant talk about culture or loyalty and then tell people to wait without ramifications. Personally pay the man and make that a recruiting pitch, worse case you make trades. We didnt get Butler with cap space. Again just imagine the reaction from other teams if the Celtic would tell Tatum to wait, people would be licking there fingers ready to get him. Remember in our elimination game one of our stars had a 25/10/5 game while another star player barely had triple double but only scored 12 point when we need points on the score board to have a chance. Its like people forget Wade left us because he felt disrespected and he’s basically 305. I cant people people are saying this is an easy sell...

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,925

Post#810 » by dshearn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:18 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
contract wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:

Everyone is missing the disrespect factor and the consequences it brings. Butler has gone on the record saying how you are paid is how a team sees you. The 76er in the end were offering him more but they disrespected him and he left. You are literally telling an all star, possibly the best center in the East to get to the back of the line on the possibility we might get someone? If for fun we tried that stunt with Butler how would he react?

The most likely scenario is the Heat are going to say, this is how the salary cap works, we have every intention of making sure we do whatever it takes to keep you in a Heat uniform for the rest of your career, but "this" is our best tool to surround you with the talent it takes to make sure you are vying for a championship every year for the next ten years".....

They mostly likely deliver that line several minutes before UD walks in and talks about what it means to be a Heat lifer, and to know how rare it is to not play for a team, but play for a family....
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#811 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:19 am

Kobe indicated he wasn't a fan of Hardens style of play to ever win championships. Can help win game's in order to stay afloat but won't translate in PO's. Not surprising Kobe continues to be proven correct.

Harden agreed it likely won't be successful in trying to win a title when asked about Bryant's comments. He further justified his ball dominance due to Rockets having numerous injuries at the time. But once CP3, who's best w/ the ball in his hands, & others returned from injuries, his ball dominance remained. This is just who Harden is.

The fact both CP & Westbrook did not thrive beside him is directly indicative of the type of player Harden is.

People will continue to be enamored by his offense, his stats & #'s. & i get it, i enjoy watching him too. He's innovated the gm. By the end of his career that will most likely be what he'll be best known for & not much else.....unless, of course, he starts adjusting his game style. But he's 31yo. I don't see that happening.

Furthermore we'd have to gut our team which hurts not only the brotherhood & chemistry we've built, our window to compete & our future. Either way this is left field stuff. Fairly certain nothing will eventuate.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#812 » by Beenie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:28 am

contract wrote:
Beenie wrote:'Heat Harden' would effectively be a bigger and better version of Dragic. Nobody seems to have issues when Dragic get his ISO looks which, BTW, aren't always effective or pretty for that matter.

That's a flawed comparison. Dragic fits in and does whatever the team needs him to do. If we trade for Harden, Harden becomes the offense.

The idea that "Harden becomes the offense" in Mia's system and culture with the personnel the team already has is presumptive.

BTW, Harden would step in and immediately make Bam a better player. The pick-n-roll offense would be nasty.

And Mia goes through stretches in their half-court offense when they struggle because of their lack of elite ball handlers. Harden fixes a lot of those problems.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#813 » by goodboy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:36 am

Morey, an excellent gm bounced due to Harden too. Cant put that much stress on Pat now :)
Bright
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#814 » by Bishop45 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:38 am

Kobe didn't say anything controversial, Rockets were trash without Harden and CP looked done all season, so he did what he had to and it led them to a competitive series with the KD Warriors-- which no other team in the league succeeded in having

Giannas on the other hand has been embarrassed in the playoffs multiple times while healthy. He's definitely not worth squandering our offense, right?

The reach.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#815 » by Dr_Heat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:38 am

Lomachenko going to KO this poor kid. Oof
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
contract
RealGM

Post#816 » by contract » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
contract wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:

Everyone is missing the disrespect factor and the consequences it brings. Butler has gone on the record saying how you are paid is how a team sees you. The 76er in the end were offering him more but they disrespected him and he left. You are literally telling an all star, possibly the best center in the East to get to the back of the line on the possibility we might get someone? If for fun we tried that stunt with Butler how would he react? The Magic at one time went over the Lakers offer but by then the damage was done and Shaq was a Laker. You cant talk about culture or loyalty and then tell people to wait without ramifications. Personally pay the man and make that a recruiting pitch, worse case you make trades. We didnt get Butler with cap space. Again just imagine the reaction from other teams if the Celtic would tell Tatum to wait, people would be licking there fingers ready to get him. Remember in our elimination game one of our stars had a 25/10/5 game while another star player barely had triple double but only scored 12 point when we need points on the score board to have a chance. Its like people forget Wade left us because he felt disrespected and he’s basically 305. I cant people people are saying this is an easy sell...

I think you're overreacting. It's not disrespect, it's business. Besides, he doesn't have leverage. Next year is the team option, and then comes restricted free agency which means we can match any offer he gets. Acting up is not going to help his case.

You've been around long enough to know that Pat is not going to let Giannis get away to make Bam happy.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#817 » by Beenie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 am

Dr_Heat wrote:Lomachenko going to KO this poor kid. Oof

Naw, Loma by UD
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#818 » by MartyCONLONNN » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 am

contract wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
contract wrote:That's spot on, but it's not Bam's decision. He's under contract for another year and the Heat can, should, and will wait to pay him ... unless he's willing to start his new deal at or below his cap hold money (~ $15,000,000), which would be insane. When he becomes a free agent we can still pay him more than anyone else, and if we're winning and adding talent, it should be an easy sell.

I think you're overreacting. It's not disrespect, it's business. Besides, he doesn't have leverage. Next year is the team option, and then comes restricted free agency which means we can match any offer he gets. Acting up is not going to help his case.

You've been around long enough to know that Pat is not going to let Giannis get away to make Bam happy.

Missing from the discussion is making Bam unhappy is not good because Bam and Giannis share the same agent. You can't just put Bam in the corner and say wait when you're working with the same agent to prioritize ab outside client. It could lead pushing Giannis away and could get very messy unless Bam is totally with the idea. Ultimately it hinges on Bam and Giannis being open to playing with one another and letting things play out. Again this complex dynamic is why there's been so many reports of Bam waiting being a clear indicator of Miami being a serious player for Giannis.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#819 » by goodboy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 am

I never watch boxing,

But when I do. Its for Loma
Bright
contract
RealGM

Post#820 » by contract » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:47 am

MartyCONLONNN wrote:
contract wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

Missing from the discussion is making Bam unhappy is not good because Bam and Giannis share the same agent. You can't just put Bam in the corner and say wait when you're working with the same agent to prioritize ab outside client. It could lead pushing Giannis away and could get very messy unless Bam is totally with the idea. Ultimately it hinges on Bam and Giannis being open to playing with one another and letting things play out. Again this complex dynamic is why there's been so many reports of Bam waiting being a clear indicator of Miami being a serious player for Giannis.

Bosh and Wade had the same agent. The agent works for Giannis, not the other way around.

Return to Miami Heat