Worst contract + picks for Randle (NYK)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

luka27
Sophomore
And1: 127

Worst contract + picks for Randle (NYK) 

Post#1 » by luka27 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 am

Would any team be interested in the type of deals below:

1. 1 year remaining, so the goal would be to reduce salaries, example Batum, Hayward, Conley. The difference Knicks would take into free salary cap. Is it possible to get any value extra in that kind of a deal? Randle have non-guaranteed contract after next season, 4 million if I remember correctly.

2. 2 years remaining. For this they should be compensated with at least 1 FRP. Griffin and Paul. But I doubt either team wants to give up any value to dump those contracts. Any other suggestions?

3. 3+ years. Now we are going in Wiggins, Horford, Westbrook, Wall, Love territory. Must be at least 2 FRP, with very low protections or some good young player on a rookie contract.

Anyone interested?
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Re: Worst contract + picks for Randle (NYK) 

Post#2 » by patman66 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:17 am

luka27 wrote:Would any team be interested in the type of deals below:

1. 1 year remaining, so the goal would be to reduce salaries, example Batum, Hayward, Conley. The difference Knicks would take into free salary cap. Is it possible to get any value extra in that kind of a deal? Randle have non-guaranteed contract after next season, 4 million if I remember correctly.

2. 2 years remaining. For this they should be compensated with at least 1 FRP. Griffin and Paul. But I doubt either team wants to give up any value to dump those contracts. Any other suggestions?

3. 3+ years. Now we are going in Wiggins, Horford, Westbrook, Wall, Love territory. Must be at least 2 FRP, with very low protections or some good young player on a rookie contract.

Anyone interested?

Not for Hayward. It would have to be a small market team IMO, I think the celts would rather pay to move him and at least get a player that fits coming back.

Celts trade hayward for Powell and Wright and 18, but sub in randle for Powell to come to Boston + Bullock orDSJ expiring (18 + 4 )+ 5?) and powell goes to NY 3/36 and the celts send the 26th to NY for 10mill delta.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#3 » by Rockazoids » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:19 am

patman66 wrote:

Anyone interested?

Not for Hayward. It would have to be a small market team IMO, I think the celts would rather pay to move him and at least get a player that fits coming back.

Celts trade hayward for Powell and Wright and 18, but sub in randle for Powell to come to Boston + Bullock orDSJ expiring (18 + 4 )+ 5?) and powell goes to NY 3/36 and the celts send the 26th to NY for 10mill delta.

NY has no reason to trade for a injured Powell just to get the 26th pick, he doesn't spread the floor or protect the rim. They all ready have 3 picks in this draft, also they are not helping DAL in any way until they get those 2 picks.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#4 » by patman66 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:24 am

Rockazoids wrote:
patman66 wrote:

Anyone interested?

NY has no reason to trade for a injured Powell just to get the 26th pick, he doesn't spread the floor or protect the rim. They all ready have 3 picks in this draft, also they are not helping DAL in any way until they get those 2 picks.

Fine, al I did was layout a scenario where Hayward and Randall were in the same sentence. I mean I find it less absurd that NY would eat 10 mill of Powell for the 26th than the celts would give the knicks hayward for to save 10mil.
luka27
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#5 » by luka27 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 am

patman66 wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:
patman66 wrote:

Fine, al I did was layout a scenario where Hayward and Randall were in the same sentence. I mean I find it less absurd that NY would eat 10 mill of Powell for the 26th than the celts would give the knicks hayward for to save 10mil.

I actually think Hayward is one of the least probable players from list I made, because he is actually a good player and I don't think Celtics are necessarily looking to reduce salary, more like competing. So I expect if he gets traded it will be to improve the team, which Randle doesn't do to be honest.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#6 » by zimpy27 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:27 am

Blake?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#7 » by Resistance » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:22 am

Detroit has a new GM, so he should have a pass on the upcoming season (Jan 2021-?) in regards to try and win now. That leaves the expiring season (2100-22) of Blake's contract and I don't think that Detroit will be far enough along in their rebuild to be aiming for the playoffs.

I would advise them to just let Blake's contract run out unless a trade was presented to them that was at least neutral and wasn't costly in terms of assets.

Charlotte seems to be on that path with Batum who will be an expiring. Protect assets and proceed with a rebuild rather than try to patch the roster for a shot at the plaoffs.
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#8 » by stylesofpunk » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Resistance wrote:Detroit has a new GM, so he should have a pass on the upcoming season (Jan 2021-?) in regards to try and win now. That leaves the expiring season (2100-22) of Blake's contract and I don't think that Detroit will be far enough along in their rebuild to be aiming for the playoffs.

I would advise them to just let Blake's contract run out unless a trade was presented to them that was at least neutral and wasn't costly in terms of assets.

I suggested this in another post but I could see this

Pistons trade Griffin
Pistons get DSJ/Randle

Knicks trade DSJ/Randle/2nd rd pick 2020
Knicks get Westbrook

Rockets trade Westbrook
Rockets get Griffin/2020 2nd

Pistons get out of the 2 year big deal of blake
Knicks get Westbrook
Rockets go from 3 years of Westbrook who doesnt fit with Harden to 2 years of Griffin who when healthy would be a better fit with Harden. They get a early 2nd and save over 5 million on the season

Charlotte seems to be on that path with Batum who will be an expiring. Protect assets and proceed with a rebuild rather than try to patch the roster for a shot at the plaoffs.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,084

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Randle is worse than Love and the Cavs don't need the space so we're out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions