WAS/PHI/OKC/HOU albatross swap

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

?

WAS yes
12%
WAS no
12%
PHI yes
12%
PHI no
18%
OKC yes
18%
OKC no
6%
HOU yes
6%
HOU no
18%

Total votes: 17

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

WAS/PHI/OKC/HOU albatross swap 

Post#1 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:06 pm

Washington trades John Wall, #9
Washington receives Tobias Harris, Chris Clemons, David Nwaba, 2022 PHI 1st

Washington trades an injured albatross for a non injured albatross who fits the team better and try to make a playoff push for the next few years around Beal.

Philly trades Tobias Harris, Al Horford, Furkan Korkmaz, Shake Milton, #21, #36, 2022 1st unprotected, 2024 1st top 7 protected
Philly receives Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Terrance Ferguson

Philly goes for broke, trying to win a title, adding an elite floor general and multiple shooters, moving Simmons into the frontcourt where he likely belongs. Embiid/Simmons/CP3 big 3 with any of Richardson/House/Gordon/Thybulle starting on the wings looks very interesting.

OKC trades Chris Paul, Terrence Ferguson
OKC receives John Wall, Furkan Korkmaz, #9, #21, 2024 PHI 1st

After rehabbing CP3's trade value, the Thunder try the same thing with Wall, trading CP3 for multiple assets, including a top 10 pick in this draft. Best case scenario is Wall rehabs his trade value as well, and OKC has the ability to move him for more assets in a year or two.

Houston trades Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Chris Clemons, David Nwaba
Houston receives Al Horford, #36

Houston makes a trade for a center. This is probably the best center they can get without moving a key player (Harden/Westbrook/Covington/Tucker) and while they lose some wing depth, I think it is a way more balanced team. Horford/Tucker/Covington/Harden/Westbrook starting, with Milton, McLemore off the bench and hopefully they bring back Green and draft a wing with #36, giving them the option to go small when needed.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Re: WAS/PHI/OKC/HOU albatross swap 

Post#2 » by GutUNC » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 pm

It would be an interesting shot for OKC to take, but I don't expect they'd like it.

I think turning Gordon's bad money into shorter term bad money on a better player makes sense.

Tough for me to speak to Washington, as that's an interesting directional move for them. Not sure if they want to get immediately better by taking on longer term bad money.

I absolutely loathe the deal for PHL. The recruiting pitch is that they're adding elite shooting, but Korkmaz and Milton shot 40%+ last year, Gordon hasn't sniffed that since 2015 and that isn't Paul's game. I have them getting better financially while much worse on the court and asset wise.
GDTBATH
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: WAS/PHI/OKC/HOU albatross swap 

Post#3 » by Topofthekey » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 pm

I think Wizards would rather keep Wall than trade him for Tobias Harris

Tobias Harris works best as a small 4, and Wizards already have Hachimura. Bringing in Harris is just going to get in the way of Hachimura's development

John Wall, even at 80%, is still a good PG, and a better fit for the Wizards than Tobias Harris

Having Wizards also giving up #9 doesn't help things

Return to Trades and Transactions