[LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,274

[LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Clippers trade: Montrezl Harrell (S+T)
Charlotte trades: Terry Rozier

Why LAC does it: They get a 'point guard' that hits open threes and plays okay defense. It's not a slam dunk, but he'd be a fine rotation player for them.

Why Charlotte does it: Harrell is a better player, he might be a nice compliment to Graham, but at worst he's tradeable for value if it seems he doesn't fit on the team. Rozier has pretty limited value, and I think this is an incredible outcome for Charlotte that is only facilitated by LAC's need for a point guard.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,526

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:13 pm

last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.

That def. kills it, I was not aware, and that's a good catch.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

NVM

JColl
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.

yeah it's a bummer because I do like the idea.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I wonder if Zubac + filler would work, with CHA sending back 2nd(s)?

JColl
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#7 » by Rockazoids » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:17 pm

If I were the Clipps I would reup Louis Williams before I make this deal.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#8 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I wonder if Zubac + filler would work, with CHA sending back 2nd(s)?

could get behind that especially if Zeller is traded. I imagine that involves some combo of LAC's 2021 2nd returned to them, 2021 BRK 2nd, 2022 CHA 2nd, or any of our 2nds beyond 2024?

Forgot to mention, this is all assuming that we don't draft Wiseman or Okongwu, in which case there just isn't a need for Harrell.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,271

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

you can do harrell (S&T) for 16-18M, then add fillers like green/noah/mann etc
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#10 » by shangrila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:24 pm

shangrila wrote:From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.

That's why I put it in scare quotes. If Kawhi feels like he is a 'point guard,' I think you are good. I'm pretty unconvinced that a ball dominant point guard is a necessity in the modern NBA, or even ideal. It's just less time with the ball in Kawhi/George's hands. Rozier is a good enough volume shooter from three that he should play well off of them.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:you can do harrell (S&T) for 16-18M, then add fillers like green/noah/mann etc

Can you add other players to a S+T as a part of the outgoing package? I thought you couldn't...

JColl
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#13 » by shangrila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:28 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
shangrila wrote:From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.

That's why I put it in scare quotes. If Kawhi feels like he is a 'point guard,' I think you are good. I'm pretty unconvinced that a ball dominant point guard is a necessity in the modern NBA, or even ideal. It's just less time with the ball in Kawhi/George's hands. Rozier is a good enough volume shooter from three that he should play well off of them.

As I said, it's just what I've read.

I think everyone, Kawhi included, realises he's not Lebron. He can't run an offence and neither can PG, Beverly or Lou. Whoever they get doesn't need to be ball dominant either, just competent. Someone brought up Tyus Jones, he'd be perfect. Maybe they could swing a deal for his younger brother?
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#14 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:39 pm

shangrila wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I think everyone, Kawhi included, realises he's not Lebron. He can't run an offence and neither can PG, Beverly or Lou. Whoever they get doesn't need to be ball dominant either, just competent. Someone brought up Tyus Jones, he'd be perfect. Maybe they could swing a deal for his younger brother?

You're 100% correct. He is a point guard in size only. I haven't seen a guy this bad at facilitating being labeled as a starting point guard in a while. Rozier's fit depends on what they're trying to get out a point guard. He is a near perfect fit if you have ball dominant star(s) that need a C&S guy at the 1. Rozier, for his flaws in other areas, was elite at that this season, with far more defensive attention than he'd face playing next to PG+Kawhi
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#15 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:35 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
shangrila wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

You're 100% correct. He is a point guard in size only. I haven't seen a guy this bad at facilitating being labeled as a starting point guard in a while. Rozier's fit depends on what they're trying to get out a point guard. He is a near perfect fit if you have ball dominant star(s) that need a C&S guy at the 1. Rozier, for his flaws in other areas, was elite at that this season, with far more defensive attention than he'd face playing next to PG+Kawhi

I think Rozier being elite catch-and-shoot plus unafraid of the moment would make him a terror with Kawhi and George. It's a small move for the Clippers that could go a long way.

Harrell doesn't work money-wise but I'd be interested in building something around Zubac. Since Zubac is more of a matchup big I'd want Clippers adding picks not the other way around. These elite teams should have to overpay for tipping point assets. And yes, I think the Clippers need someone who moves the needle. Rozier definitely does. He plays to win as well and he's aggressive in late game situations.
It has been written...
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#16 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:39 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
shangrila wrote:As I said, it's just what I've read.

I think Rozier being elite catch-and-shoot plus unafraid of the moment would make him a terror with Kawhi and George. It's a small move for the Clippers that could go a long way.

Harrell doesn't work money-wise but I'd be interested in building something around Zubac. Since Zubac is more of a matchup big I'd want Clippers adding picks not the other way around. These elite teams should have to overpay for tipping point assets. And yes, I think the Clippers need someone who moves the needle. Rozier definitely does. He plays to win as well and he's aggressive in late game situations.

The other way around is untenable. Zubac is a reasonable contract, Rozier is overpaid, LAC can easily find another similar caliber player.

JColl
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#17 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 am

Would rather let Harrell walk for nothing. Just can’t see the fit
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#18 » by Vae Victus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 am

If Scary Terry was making less i'd be interested for the Clips, but i feel he's too overpaid and he also carries potential lockerroom chesmistry problems as his exit from BOS was quite ugly.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#19 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 am

Rozier is a negative player by advanced stats

Return to Trades and Transactions