ImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade for a third superstar

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 582

Re: Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade for a third superstar 

Post#21 » by MasterGMer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:54 am

76ers gonna do a big trade this offseason

But the thing is we do not have the pieces they want
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#22 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:10 pm

I mentioned this somewhere else, but on the sixers board they seem to be heaping their discontent on Simmons, and hope to trade him and rebuild around Embiid... Crazy, but I haven't followed them at all this year except peeking in on that board recently.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#23 » by Skybox » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:13 pm

Vucevic to BRK
Temple, Levert, Allen to ORL

Nets keep DJ around because they're buddies and it does give them other looks but Vuc becomes the best 3rd offensive threat in the league, able to alter his contributions inside and out, pass, rebound and punish teams who single cover him in the paint. Durant has expressed his admiration of Vuc's game and Vuc is a heady vet with versatile offensive skills. He's never really played with anyone better than him (wow) and I think he'd adapt beautifully. Dinwiddie and DJ lead a strong second unit. BRK re-signs Harris to open things up even more. They trade good players but they're really not missed when KD and Kyrie return (they would have been severely marginalized.

ORL re-tools their offense around Levert and Fultz. Allen and Bamba are two young, long Centers. Perhaps Bamba emerges without Vuc not only being the hub of the offense, but directly in front of him. Either way, that's a very strong, young Center platoon. Temple gives much needed floor spreading
Skybox
RealGM

Post#24 » by Skybox » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:30 pm

So...next year...

Allen/Bamba/Aminu
Gordon/Okeke/Clark
Fournier/TRoss/Iwundu
Levert/Temple
Fultz/MCW

lots of looks-many of the players are multi-positional, we could maybe draft Maxey who could play both guard spots off the bench, or Kira Lewis. I'm assuming DJ leaves to ring chase. I'm assuming Evan opts in, but he could be traded right away if FO doesn't think he'll fit in an uptempo offense. AG always a trade contender, but I'd like to see him in a different system that suits him better...the fact that Isaac is out doesn't change that, IMO-if the right deal (or the right system comes along-go). I like Ennis, but he may opt out and Temple and #15 and Okeke probably don't make him worth bidding for.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#25 » by zaymon » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:46 pm

I dont like the Allen, Bamba fit, they are not versatile and on a similar time window. Levert- Fultz is also awkward. We make the roster less talented, less balanced with no additional future assets .If we go for Levert we will propably trade Gordon
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Skybox
RealGM

Post#26 » by Skybox » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:49 pm

zaymon wrote:I dont like the Allen, Bamba fit, they are not versatile and on a similar time window. Levert- Fultz is also awkward. We make the roster less talented, less balanced with no additional future assets .If we go for Levert we will propably trade Gordon

I'd prefer that but I figure BRK wouldn't
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#27 » by Def Swami » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:30 pm

I wouldn't make roster decisions with Fultz in mind. He's as replaceable as anyone on this roster.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#28 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:40 pm

Def Swami wrote:I wouldn't make roster decisions with Fultz in mind. He's as replaceable as anyone on this roster.

People need to remove the #1 pick status. Dude is basically a mid round pick at this point with some big limitations.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#29 » by Def Swami » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:44 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I wouldn't make roster decisions with Fultz in mind. He's as replaceable as anyone on this roster.

People need to remove the #1 pick status. Dude is basically a mid round pick at this point with some big limitations.

My fear with the front office is that they're going to commit to Fultz as their point guard long term based on just last season's performance. He was decent, but still a liability on offense. Weltman called it Fultz's "rookie year" in the post-season press conference, and I think that's disingenuous. You can't just toss out the first 2 seasons of his career. There's a reason he's on our team and it's largely because the team that took him #1 thought it was unsalvageable.
"The way that we view him is he just completed his rookie season," Weltman says. "He's played more basketball this year than he's played combined for his other seasons in the NBA, and you know, we feel he's just beginning to scratch the surface."

"They think he's the answer," a rival executive says.

The problem remains Fultz's jumper. He's hitting just 25.4 percent of his three-point attempts this season (he shot 41.3 percent from deep during his freshman year in college). His form is disjointed. He did shoot well from the free-throw line this season—72.3 percent—which the Magic view as promising. Others around the league are less sure.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900927-a-basketball-showcase-in-nba-purgatory

I do not think he's the answer. Even if you counted that as a rookie season, he didn't look like a player that could turn a franchise's fortunes around. That quote has always bothered me. I hope there's more of a plan than hoping Fultz learns to shoot again. It's not sustainable to play NBA offense with any player that shoots 25% from 3, especially if it's your starting point guard. If there's no improvement or sign of it next season, I still believe you have to move on. I wouldn't blame them if they traded him this off-season. I think it's reasonable to give him another season to figure it out; there's only one year left on the contract anyway.I think any team that builds with Fultz has to prioritize shooting around him. And that's something the Magic front office hasn't done in almost a decade.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#30 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:03 pm

Def Swami wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

My fear with the front office is that they're going to commit to Fultz as their point guard long term based on just last season's performance. He was decent, but still a liability on offense. Weltman called it Fultz's "rookie year" in the post-season press conference, and I think that's disingenuous. You can't just toss out the first 2 seasons of his career. There's a reason he's on our team and it's largely because the team that took him #1 thought it was unsalvageable.
"The way that we view him is he just completed his rookie season," Weltman says. "He's played more basketball this year than he's played combined for his other seasons in the NBA, and you know, we feel he's just beginning to scratch the surface."

"They think he's the answer," a rival executive says.

The problem remains Fultz's jumper. He's hitting just 25.4 percent of his three-point attempts this season (he shot 41.3 percent from deep during his freshman year in college). His form is disjointed. He did shoot well from the free-throw line this season—72.3 percent—which the Magic view as promising. Others around the league are less sure.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900927-a-basketball-showcase-in-nba-purgatory

I do not think he's the answer. Even if you counted that as a rookie season, he didn't look like a player that could turn a franchise's fortunes around. That quote has always bothered me. I hope there's more of a plan than hoping Fultz learns to shoot again. It's not sustainable to play NBA offense with any player that shoots 25% from 3, especially if it's your starting point guard. If there's no improvement or sign of it next season, I still believe you have to move on. I wouldn't blame them if they traded him this off-season. I think it's reasonable to give him another season to figure it out; there's only one year left on the contract anyway.I think any team that builds with Fultz has to prioritize shooting around him. And that's something the Magic front office hasn't done in almost a decade.

Nothing shocks me with this FO honestly. I also think the FO is going to commit to Fultz because they kinda have to. They haven’t brought in anyone to challenge him and I don’t see them doing that either.

If they refuse to address the backup PG spot and SG spot for a 3rd year then it’s on them. We cannot resign DJ, Iwundu and say ok we’re covered. However I can pretty much guarantee they re sign DJ
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#31 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Skin wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:And here poor Orlando is just looking for their...second

That is the most hilarious looking picture of him ever. Great find! :lol:

IIRC that is the highest rated version of Vuc available in NBA2K20! :rofl: :banghead:

Even Bamba has a Galaxy Opal version (highest rated) in the game. But not poor old Vooch.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#32 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Skin wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:And here poor Orlando is just looking for their...second

That is the most hilarious looking picture of him ever. Great find! :lol:

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic