BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1881 » by BigSlam » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Diop wrote:
BigSlam wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:I kind of like the idea of Buddy in Charlotte, but not if it costs too much.

Isn’t he about to turn 28? And have a pretty big contract?

I’m not too familiar with his game but I thought it was pretty flawed. Outside of volume shooting I didn’t think he brought much to the table (eg: shot creation for himself or others, three level scoring, defense etc)?

what i thought as well, doesn't sound much more exciting than monk who ended the season well before the suspension

I’d MUCH rather have Monk - and I’m not a huge Monk fan.

But at least Monk is younger, explosive/athletic and, while he might be reckless, has at least shown an ability and willingness to create for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
lunar
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1882 » by lunar » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:58 pm

What would Hornets fans think about this:

Atlanta trades #6, #50 to Charlotte for #3, #32, and Terry Rozier.

Hawks get their backup PG for the next two years and moves up in the first and second round. It eats into the 2021 cap, but it's still enough to offer a max slot to someone.

Charlotte gets off of the Rozier contract and is able to completely bottom out for a top pick in the 2021 draft while still keeping their young players and having double max cap space in 2021.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1883 » by HornetJail » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:00 pm

lunar wrote:What would Hornets fans think about this:

Hawks get their backup PG for the next two years and moves up in the first and second round. It eats into the 2021 cap, but it's still enough to offer a max slot to someone.

Charlotte gets off of the Rozier contract and is able to completely bottom out for a top pick in the 2021 draft while still keeping their young players and having double max cap space in 2021.

I don't think we're willing to pay to offload Rozier.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#1884 » by SWedd523 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

So let's break this down

3 for 6.... downgrading pick
32 for 50... downgrading pick big time
Rozier for space... the Hornets don't need space right now.

I don't see how there's any incentive whatsoever for Charlotte to make that deal
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1885 » by yosemiteben » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:

I don't think we're willing to pay to offload Rozier.

Why exactly are we trying to generate even more cap space, given that the motivation is to bottom out? This proposal really doesn't make any sense.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1886 » by BigSlam » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:21 pm

I’d counter with:

Rozier and #32
For

Otherwise there’s no point for Charlotte.

B B M F 'ers
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1887 » by HornetJail » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:06 pm

BigSlam wrote:

I’d counter with:

Rozier and #32
For

Otherwise there’s no point for Charlotte.

nah that's ridiculous. I would understand Rozier+future 2nd straight up for cap space if we had other moves that got us better assets for crap contracts, and would give him away for free if I got the opportunity. We aren't getting a 1st back unless we eat a contract.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1888 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:05 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Diop wrote:
BigSlam wrote:Isn’t he about to turn 28? And have a pretty big contract?

I’m not too familiar with his game but I thought it was pretty flawed. Outside of volume shooting I didn’t think he brought much to the table (eg: shot creation for himself or others, three level scoring, defense etc)?

what i thought as well, doesn't sound much more exciting than monk who ended the season well before the suspension

I’d MUCH rather have Monk - and I’m not a huge Monk fan.

But at least Monk is younger, explosive/athletic and, while he might be reckless, has at least shown an ability and willingness to create for others.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Buddy+Hield&player_id1_select=Buddy+Hield&player_id1=hieldbu01&idx=bbr__players&p1yrfrom=2020&player_id2_select=Malik+Monk&player_id2=monkma01&idx=bbr__players&p2yrfrom=2020

Assists per 36 min are identical for the two guys. Assist% is about the same. Hield is a much better three point shooter, though Monk is probably a better slasher. Hield is more or less what I thought we were getting with monk when the team drafted him.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#1889 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 pm

This team will hold Rozier. He hates losing and plays his heart out, doesn't quit like a chump. He's the perfect role model for a rebuilding team by keeping them hungry. He has tasted late playoffs and he's still young. He hit 41% on threes so his 2-year contract has POSITIVE value in this league. It's a perimeter league. I bet the Heat would be willing to deal pick 20 for Terry. Mavs would think long and hard about 18 for Terry. Knicks would felate Kupchak for Terry for pick 27.

I think Rozier will average 20 PPG next year with range and secondary ball handler/playmaking value. He will be a 20 PPG player on a 17.9 m expiring? He's worth far more at the trade deadline in his final season here heading into the 2022 draft.

We're not gonna pay to get out of this position.

If Hawks want pick 3, they will need to attach a serious asset to pick 6. And if Edwards is there, pass on trading down. He's the only player in the lotto who strikes me as a potential go-to scorer. And I keep stressing this but it doesn't seem to keep a player who didn't attempt a 3 off our draft board (same forum where MKG was the most popular player for nearly one decade) but we finished last in most offensive categories.
It has been written...
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1890 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:This team will hold Rozier. He hates losing and plays his heart out, doesn't quit like a chump. He's the perfect role model for a rebuilding team by keeping them hungry. He has tasted late playoffs and he's still young. He hit 41% on threes so his 2-year contract has POSITIVE value in this league. It's a perimeter league. I bet the Heat would be willing to deal pick 20 for Terry. Mavs would think long and hard about 18 for Terry. Knicks would felate Kupchak for Terry for pick 27.

I think Rozier will average 20 PPG next year with range and secondary ball handler/playmaking value. He will be a 20 PPG player on a 17.9 m expiring? He's worth far more at the trade deadline in his final season here heading into the 2022 draft.

We're not gonna pay to get out of this position.

If Hawks want pick 3, they will need to attach a serious asset to pick 6. And if Edwards is there, pass on trading down. He's the only player in the lotto who strikes me as a potential go-to scorer. And I keep stressing this but it doesn't seem to keep a player who didn't attempt a 3 off our draft board (same forum where MKG was the most popular player for nearly one decade) but we finished last in most offensive categories.

MasterIciro, I believe that I just fell in love with you. I agree with everything that you just said. I have all year been wretching about potential trades I would hear about in which we traded Rozier for a player that would not improve our team at all. I would be like don't these people realize that Terry is only 25 and putting up near allstar numbers playing out of position? No we don't trade Terry. If we ever become a strong playoff team we will be looking for another guard just like him.
geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Post#1891 » by geraldwallace » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:13 pm

LofJ wrote:Chris Paul has been in Charlotte a lot since the Thunder got knocked out of the playoffs. He's also like a son to MJ, so I hope we aren't planning on doing something stupid. He's a Hall of Famer and one of the best point guards to ever play the game, but we aren't in a position to be spending trade assets right now. If he wants to come here offer Batum and Rozier at most, anything more would be stupid.

Chris Paul has been campaigning for Joe Biden here that's why he's been around Charlotte
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1892 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 am

geraldwallace wrote:
LofJ wrote:Chris Paul has been in Charlotte a lot since the Thunder got knocked out of the playoffs. He's also like a son to MJ, so I hope we aren't planning on doing something stupid. He's a Hall of Famer and one of the best point guards to ever play the game, but we aren't in a position to be spending trade assets right now. If he wants to come here offer Batum and Rozier at most, anything more would be stupid.

Chris Paul has been campaigning for Joe Biden here that's why he's been around Charlotte

Not to mention that he's from here, sohe likely still has friends and family here.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#1893 » by amcoolio » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm

If the cap is really going to 90, and the NBA is in big trouble like Windhorst just explained on the Russilo podcast, then we could see a bunch of teams just give away assets to dump salaries like the Sixers, Pacers, Nets, Rockets, Warriors, and Bucks.

Its too bad we have that Batum contract. I don't see Charlotte signing or taking any more money with the economy the way it is.

Like I could see the Rockets dumping Westbrook with three first round picks for nothing just to shed the salary. Pacers offering Turner or Sabonis plus extras for 3, etc.

If the Warriors want to dump Wiggins with the 2 would you do it? I would take Wiseman/Okongwu and Hayes/Ball in that scenario
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1894 » by gobullschi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:23 pm

Bulls fan here. If Edwards goes 1 and Wiseman goes 2, what would it cost for Chicago to jump up one spot?
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1895 » by HornetJail » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 pm

If you're taking LaMelo Ball, I'd literally just let you have it lol

But realistically, idk.... Gafford? The difference between 3 and 4 is small if Wiseman and Edwards are gone, very big if one of them is still there
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#1896 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 pm

gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan here. If Edwards goes 1 and Wiseman goes 2, what would it cost for Chicago to jump up one spot?

What's stopping the Warriors from swapping with the Bulls? I think WCJ + 4 for 2 + TPE is reasonable. Warriors get a win now player and probably take Toppin or Avdija 4 depending on the Hornets pick.

1 - Edwards - Wolves
2 - Ball - Bulls
3 - Avdija - Hornets
4 - Toppin - Warriors

Warriors get WCJ + Toppin for Ball.
It has been written...
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1897 » by BigSlam » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:21 pm

gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan here. If Edwards goes 1 and Wiseman goes 2, what would it cost for Chicago to jump up one spot?

What’s White like defending the SG position?

If he can play SG next to Graham, waking away from draft night with White and OO might not be horrible?

So:
#4 and White
For

(If White can play SG).

B B M F 'ers
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1898 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Likely more than you think. There's going to be a lot of offers for us if Ball is there. I'd probably start with either a future lotto protected 1st or Wendell Carter Jr.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#1899 » by VCfor3 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:40 pm

BigSlam wrote:

What’s White like defending the SG position?

If he can play SG next to Graham, waking away from draft night with White and OO might not be horrible?

So:
#4 and White
For

(If White can play SG).

Chicago seems to really like White. I doubt they use him to move up one spot.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1900 » by gobullschi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 pm

The assets the Bulls would likely be willing to deal to move up one spot would be Daniel Gafford, Chandler Hutchison, second round picks, and/or a protected 2021 1st.

What kind of protection is up for debate tho.

Return to Charlotte Hornets