ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,942

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1601 » by soxperry » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:48 pm

Yeah mine came pretty fast as well. Surprised. Looking at the money in my account like its a mirage. Had tickets to a major festival that got cancelled this year and they termed it a postponement so stubhub could keep my 1400 bucks... So ill give the bucks credit for not being evil scum.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#1602 » by DMBucks22 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Received email from the Bucks today to pick up one of my benefits from this past year which was "Receive Guaranteed Promo Items. Two days to pick up this Wednesday and thursday. Just drive by with your mask on pop your trunk and they will toss the bag in there.

Still wondering how they will handle the benefit of " view pre draft workout" which I also selected.

These are some of the benefits season ticket holders got to use "points" on
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1603 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:Received email from the Bucks today to pick up one of my benefits from this past year which was "Receive Guaranteed Promo Items. Two days to pick up this Wednesday and thursday. Just drive by with your mask on pop your trunk and they will toss the bag in there.

Still wondering how they will handle the benefit of " view pre draft workout" which I also selected.

These are some of the benefits season ticket holders got to use "points" on

I'm curious since I didn't renew if ill be included in the benefits not used. I had a few too between concession credits, club passes, etc.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#1604 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259861/NBA-To-Give-Eight-Weeks-Notice-Before-Scheduled-Start-Of-20-21-Season
Besides all the COVID stadium changes, The scheduling changes may be interesting, too.

If they are trying to squeeze in four games a week, I assume that means more home back to back mini-series. It's weird because baseball does it, but not sure I would enjoy a Mon-Tuesday against the Pacers as I'm used to spreading them out. I know it is a non-starter for a league already losing money but the answer has always been less regular season games. Just waters down the games and ultimately the value to ticket holders.

DMBucks22 wrote:Received email from the Bucks today to pick up one of my benefits from this past year which was "Receive Guaranteed Promo Items. Two days to pick up this Wednesday and thursday. Just drive by with your mask on pop your trunk and they will toss the bag in there.

Did they provide alternatives, but seems kind of weak to say "hey, here's your **** we promised, you have 2 days to pick it up physically during a pandemic" Feel they did this kind of stuff with renewals and prize selections in the past where they keep delaying the roll out but then have firm deadlines to decide right away.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,333

Post#1605 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:22 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259861/NBA-To-Give-Eight-Weeks-Notice-Before-Scheduled-Start-Of-20-21-Season
Besides all the COVID stadium changes, The scheduling changes may be interesting, too.

If they are trying to squeeze in four games a week, I assume that means more home back to back mini-series. It's weird because baseball does it, but not sure I would enjoy a Mon-Tuesday against the Pacers as I'm used to spreading them out. I know it is a non-starter for a league already losing money but the answer has always been less regular season games. Just waters down the games and ultimately the value to ticket holders.

Did they provide alternatives, but seems kind of weak to say "hey, here's your **** we promised, you have 2 days to pick it up physically during a pandemic" Feel they did this kind of stuff with renewals and prize selections in the past where they keep delaying the roll out but then have firm deadlines to decide right away.

I'm not a fan of back to backs in the same arena, I don't even like them when it's home/away, but I get why they would do it next season. I agree that they will not reduce the number of games but I loved the lockout season when they played 50 games Jan-Apr. I believe there was even back to back to back, not against the same team, but I'm too lazy to look that up.

And what about Season ticket holders that don't live in the area, are they getting their stuff mailed or are the SOOL if they don't pick up their items?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1606 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Received an email on online relocation and upgrade process. Honestly surprised they are doing it now unless they have some kind of agreement with the city of Milwaukee on what the COVID scenarios are.

Side-note: Was never a fan of the stadium design and was thinking about it yesterday. Only 1 small outdoor space, limited non-suite meeting areas, cramped hallways and bathrooms. Wish they would've made the common areas larger so people could spread out.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1607 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Received an email on online relocation and upgrade process. Honestly surprised they are doing it now unless they have some kind of agreement with the city of Milwaukee on what the COVID scenarios are.

Side-note: Was never a fan of the stadium design and was thinking about it yesterday. Only 1 small outdoor space, limited non-suite meeting areas, cramped hallways and bathrooms. Wish they would've made the common areas larger so people could spread out.

The lack of men's rooms ticks me off. And the hallways are packed. At first I figured because the place was new there were a lot of people just walking around and exploring whereas at the BC you'd go in and sit down. But every game it's hard to move around out there. When I go to games now I'll grab a beer and sometimes some food (if I didn't have time to eat elsewhere) and sit, never going back out. They definitely should have made it wider and/or configured the food/beer areas better. I still love the place though.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#1608 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The lack of men's rooms ticks me off. And the hallways are packed. At first I figured because the place was new there were a lot of people just walking around and exploring whereas at the BC you'd go in and sit down. But every game it's hard to move around out there.

That was the one piece they failed on. Big time.

And the one piece the Pettits did right with the Bradley Center. Jane felt every arena had tiny and substandard restrooms. So they made them larger and had them well placed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1609 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:45 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:The lack of men's rooms ticks me off. And the hallways are packed. At first I figured because the place was new there were a lot of people just walking around and exploring whereas at the BC you'd go in and sit down. But every game it's hard to move around out there.

And the one piece the Pettits did right with the Bradley Center. Jane felt every arena had tiny and substandard restrooms. So they made them larger and had them well placed.

Absolutely. Even with big crowds at the BC you could usually get to the men's room and back during a TO, depending where your seat was.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1610 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:20 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Absolutely. Even with big crowds at the BC you could usually get to the men's room and back during a TO, depending where your seat was.

Agree 1000%. Eventually learned if I wanted to beat the lines I had to cut out in the last 2 minutes of a quarter or right before a timeout was coming.

And in general I did feel kind of cramped in the concourses.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#1611 » by DMBucks22 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259861/NBA-To-Give-Eight-Weeks-Notice-Before-Scheduled-Start-Of-20-21-Season

They did say if you couldn't make it they will find another way for you to receive the package. Agreed real lame they send it the week of and say come and get it.

BUT what really pissed me off was I also selected the Benefit of "View NBA Pre-draft work out in person" With Covid they are now changing it to a virtual q and a with Zora and some no namers. That was the thing i spent the most points on. They should of gave us the otion to add them to next year. I sent them a angry email :)
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#1612 » by CountMe3Outs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Received an email on online relocation and upgrade process. Honestly surprised they are doing it now unless they have some kind of agreement with the city of Milwaukee on what the COVID scenarios are.

The lack of men's rooms ticks me off. And the hallways are packed. At first I figured because the place was new there were a lot of people just walking around and exploring whereas at the BC you'd go in and sit down. But every game it's hard to move around out there. When I go to games now I'll grab a beer and sometimes some food (if I didn't have time to eat elsewhere) and sit, never going back out. They definitely should have made it wider and/or configured the food/beer areas better. I still love the place though.

If you consider seating geometry, Fiserv is among the current best - design evolution has actually worked.

Regarding concourse crowding and restroom convenience, I hearken back to the "Fabulous Forum" in Inglewood, CA, built by Jack Kent Cooke for the Lakers and the hockey Kings. It has great 'elliptical' seating geometry, but only a single concourse (actually split up between two sides of the arena) for 17.500 (Fiserv-size) basketball fans. To get from one side of the building to the other, you actually walk through the end-zone seating. The lobbies were so crowded the FOUR (!) main public restrooms were placed BELOW the concourse, down a couple flights of stairs (you knew you were in trouble when the line "backed up" :lol: onto the concourse). Also, it was quite an excursion (depending on your frozen daquiry intake) to stumble one's way down up to 28 rows of seats to the exits. During intermissions, the lobbies were like Walmart Black Friday sales. The recent renovations by Chase did not address these issues.

WE have the true Fabulous Forum now, minus the celebrities.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1613 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:16 pm

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2020/10/26/milwaukee-issues-new-order-reducing-gathering-limits/6047878002/?csp=chromepush
Yeah, no way there are fans allowed before the new year. Wonder when we get STH reimbursement options.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1614 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2020/10/26/milwaukee-issues-new-order-reducing-gathering-limits/6047878002/?csp=chromepush
Yeah, no way there are fans allowed before the new year. Wonder when we get STH reimbursement options.

Agreed. I think the question is if the games will be fanless or how limited.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1615 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm

I haven't been following a long really, are proposed ticket prices for next season the same as they were for this past season?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1616 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I haven't been following a long really, are proposed ticket prices for next season the same as they were for this past season?

I never got a revised price offer. I think I got something about additional loyalty points maybe but that was it. My rep left a message about a month back stating to call back as had options for next year, but I never returned it. My guess is they did not offer any discounts.

Ironically for me, the price increase I was bugged by in the end helped me b/c I didn't renew prior to the **** storm. And now I wouldn't touch season tickets even if they dropped them back to what I paid last year.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1617 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:42 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I haven't been following a long really, are proposed ticket prices for next season the same as they were for this past season?

Proposed ticket prices were higher than last year and they never came out and said, if you stay committed you can get locked in at a lower rate. I'm at the point where I hope they just say no fans and I get my money back. Never was thrown a bone during this process (discounted seating at the playoff watch party, offers of additional giveaways for no playoffs, etc). A couple grand they are holding onto right now could go a long way to improving my man cave to watch games at home this winter.

I feel bad for the individual reps but the organization milked STHers this past season and were planning to do it again because they put together 2 winning seasons and felt they had leverage.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1618 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:32 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Proposed ticket prices were higher than last year and they never came out and said, if you stay committed you can get locked in at a lower rate. I'm at the point where I hope they just say no fans and I get my money back. Never was thrown a bone during this process (discounted seating at the playoff watch party, offers of additional giveaways for no playoffs, etc). A couple grand they are holding onto right now could go a long way to improving my man cave to watch games at home this winter.

I feel bad for the individual reps but the organization milked STHers this past season and were planning to do it again because they put together 2 winning seasons and felt they had leverage.

This 1000%.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1619 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Nov 5, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30257786/player-reps-expected-approve-dec-22-start-nba-season
Looks like no fans for preseason games, 5 less home games due to shortened schedule and probably at least 10 games through January with no fans. Hopefully, this gets finalized soon so we have some idea of if they are going to try fans for post all-star break. Only real incentive to let them continue to hold my money, keep my direct deposit going is to have priority seating for the playoffs.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#1620 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:00 am

Article on the Warriors proposing to do rapid tests in order to get 50% capacity.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30308543/golden-state-warriors-submit-plan-home-game-testing-allow-50-percent-fan-capacity

Sort of amazing that the wealth in the Bay Area is so great that they can afford to do this and still cash flow. I.e. the ticket prices are so high you, you have a margin to build some health care into it.

And of course the other takeaway is the Warriors are losing their proverbial shirts on that new arena, unless they can fill it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks