ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1341 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:14 pm

Polk377 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:What if we look into signing Yadier Molina then trading Sanchez after? Would you guys be down for that? Molina is still a top defender and is a vet, knows how to help pitchers, still can hit and alot better than Sanchez in making contact. thoughts?

I dig: bringing in Molina for a couple of years, mainly for his defense and leadership. Dumping Sanchez. Keeping Higgy as backup. Signing Brantley to balance out our lineup. Getting a pitcher.

If we sign Molina, hopefully we'll have a catcher from the minors ready to go in a couple of years.

Molina is a shell of his former self. Higgy would be better at this point. I think that kid Seigler will be ready in a couple of years. Pure athlete. Could be our switch hitting Realmuto.

If we bringing in Molina it's not for his batting really. I think he would still hold his own behind the plate and with the pitchers. It's more about getting some more leadership in that clubhouse. I would be cool with a platoon between him and Higgy because I like Higgy a lot but he's not really starting caliber either.

Yankees have a history of having strong personalities and leadership at Catcher (Yogi, Munson, Girardi, Posada). I think it's a missing element.

Yeah Seigler is the front leading prospect catcher in the minors they also signed an international guy ( a Venezuelan I think) that is interesting but Seigler has been injury prone so far but yeah I think Yankees should look to do a bridge plan until they can call up a good catcher from the minors. I am more than ready to move on from Sanchez.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1342 » by GEOLINK » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 am

This is why you don't use analytics to death.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#1343 » by Papi_swav » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:27 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
I dig: bringing in Molina for a couple of years, mainly for his defense and leadership. Dumping Sanchez. Keeping Higgy as backup. Signing Brantley to balance out our lineup. Getting a pitcher.

If we sign Molina, hopefully we'll have a catcher from the minors ready to go in a couple of years.

Molina is a shell of his former self. Higgy would be better at this point. I think that kid Seigler will be ready in a couple of years. Pure athlete. Could be our switch hitting Realmuto.

If we bringing in Molina it's not for his batting really. I think he would still hold his own behind the plate and with the pitchers. It's more about getting some more leadership in that clubhouse. I would be cool with a platoon between him and Higgy because I like Higgy a lot but he's not really starting caliber either.

Yankees have a history of having strong personalities and leadership at Catcher (Yogi, Munson, Girardi, Posada). I think it's a missing element.

Yeah Seigler is the front leading prospect catcher in the minors they also signed an international guy ( a Venezuelan I think) that is interesting but Seigler has been injury prone so far but yeah I think Yankees should look to do a bridge plan until they can call up a good catcher from the minors. I am more than ready to move on from Sanchez.

100 % . Do we know when Seigler might be ready? I think we can get Molina for 2 years and platoon him with Higgy like you said until Seigler is ready. Molina can still be able to hit at least .250 which is alot better than Sanchez. I am also done with Sanchez, he's lazy and it seems like he don't give af.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1344 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:45 am

Congrats to dodgers but I guess it is kind of fitting they won the shortened season WS.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,917

Post#1345 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 am

Seigler has been both injury prone (I seem to recall him having back problems at the outset of his career) and had an absolutely abysmal 2019 before his season ended with a fractured patella. Having 2020 wiped out on top of it all is doing him no favors. He was already an old HS draftee and will be 22 next summer, playing only 54 games since being drafted. Supposedly handles pitchers well and has a great walk rate, but hasn't shown much else in his limited time in full season.

I'm not saying it can't work out for him, but I've personally got zero expectations at this point. There's nothing publicly available that indicates he'll be Major League ready at any point in the next few years. He's got a LONG road to go.

Great story and intriguing athlete, though. Any prospect that can switch-pitch is always interesting to follow.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,089

Post#1346 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:46 pm

on behalf of met fans we want to say thank you yankee owners for not voting no on steve cohen.

i'm sure when it's free agency, steve will be cool and let the yankees sign a player or two :p ;)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1347 » by Grover » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:09 am

Even with Britton back in the fold, does picking up Hand at $10M make sense? So much of the talk surrounds the position players and starters but with Kahnle certainly missed and likely a goner, Green and certainly Ottavino taking steps backward and the rest of the pen hit or miss, Hand could be a reliable seventh inning guy capable of covering Britton and Chapman or allow the latter to be moved if he waives his no trade. My guess is that Cashman contingency planned for the possibility of Hand’s availability but would have to successfully facilitate a Britton, Chapman or Ottavino trade before committing more money to the already expenive pen versus other areas of need.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#1348 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Charlie Morton now on the market...watcha think
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1349 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:58 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Charlie Morton now on the market...watcha think

They should look into him. He's pitched well in the AL these last few seasons after being a NL pitcher most of his career. Gotta watch the years they give him though. He's pretty old.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1350 » by GEOLINK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:07 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Charlie Morton now on the market...watcha think

We should be going after Morton and Brad Hand heavy.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1351 » by GEOLINK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#1352 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:17 pm

Wonder if it's still Florida or bust for morton. He wanted to be close to his family last time or retire. If he is willing to come here I'm cool on a 2 year deal.

Fixing the pitching behind Cole is a must if they want to win a title
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#1353 » by Papi_swav » Sun Nov 1, 2020 6:06 am

Grover wrote:Even with Britton back in the fold, does picking up Hand at $10M make sense? So much of the talk surrounds the position players and starters but with Kahnle certainly missed and likely a goner, Green and certainly Ottavino taking steps backward and the rest of the pen hit or miss, Hand could be a reliable seventh inning guy capable of covering Britton and Chapman or allow the latter to be moved if he waives his no trade. My guess is that Cashman contingency planned for the possibility of Hand’s availability but would have to successfully facilitate a Britton, Chapman or Ottavino trade before committing more money to the already expenive pen versus other areas of need.

good point. We absolutely need to get a top reliever whether trade or FA. Hendriks or Treinen will do. We been after Hader for a while now too. We definitely need to get somebody in that tier since Khanle is gone and our guys regressing. I was also thinking of trading Chapman for prospects and also getting rid of his big contract since he always blows games when it really counts. So we need a reliever or 2 and maybe 2 starters as well. Should be an interesting off season
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1354 » by GEOLINK » Tue Nov 3, 2020 1:10 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I hope the writers don't screw DJ.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,967

Post#1355 » by knicks94 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:45 pm

Congratulations to DJ, but it is rare that a Yankee player receives an award.

We've seen guys like Jeter, Matsui, and Andujar get robbed over the years.
finestrg
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#1356 » by finestrg » Wed Nov 4, 2020 1:06 am

i know he's 32 and not in his mid 20s, but I think LeMahieu is IMPERATIVE for the Yankees to bring back, above anything else. if the money's not there outright, I'd be ok with letting Gardy, Paxton, Tanaka and Kahnle all walk to insure I had enough payroll for DJ and Gio eventually. If it took a 5 year/$100mm offer for DJ, I think the Yankees bite the bullet and do it. We got over on this guy the last 2 years -- time to pay the man what he deserves.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1357 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Nov 4, 2020 1:31 am

finestrg wrote:i know he's 32 and not in his mid 20s, but I think LeMahieu is IMPERATIVE for the Yankees to bring back, above anything else. if the money's not there outright, I'd be ok with letting Gardy, Paxton, Tanaka and Kahnle all walk to insure I had enough payroll for DJ and Gio eventually. If it took a 5 year/$100mm offer for DJ, I think the Yankees bite the bullet and do it. We got over on this guy the last 2 years -- time to pay the man what he deserves.

Doubt they go 5 years. And Paxton and Kahnle will most certainly walk.
Grover
Rookie

Post#1358 » by Grover » Thu Nov 5, 2020 8:48 pm

Leave the LeMathieu. Take the pick. It’s a great year to give the kid a couple hundred at bats and there will be a ton of talent available on the cheap throughout the year if he falters.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1359 » by Butch718 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:26 pm

DJ is our only consistent AVG and contact hitter in our lineup. He's not replaceable.
Grover
Rookie

Post#1360 » by Grover » Fri Nov 6, 2020 5:09 pm

Butch718 wrote:DJ is our only consistent AVG and contact hitter in our lineup. He's not replaceable.

I agree with each of your points. However, the most valuable use of limited salary available under the tax line has a high probability of being absorption of salary while increasing throughout a season of continued financial losses and could be the impetus for getting out from under Stanton’s half dozen years of clogging the DH spot with a far less painful return if he can stay healthy for half the season.

Return to New York Knicks