ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#3601 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:51 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
His layup package + off the bounce shooting is what gives me Murray vibes. His pace and PNR game is more Shai like.

I think when developing him the team would have to push him a little more towards being more aggressive as a scorer. He’s got the talent for it but i think one of the negative effects of being a pro player instead of amateur is less freedom to make mistakes. Theo has been conditioned to avoid mistakes so hes not as aggressive as he could be getting buckets.

As for defense I don’t think Shai is anything more than solid really, so I think Theo can be that. Probably ends up a better 1v1 defender tbh (he’s a lot more physical than Shai on that end) but he’s a little smaller so team defense might go to SGA.

Yeah I like SGA's length on defence.... probably why I like Patrick McCaw more than others around here. :lol:

Shai could be really good defensively if he wanted imo, it’s just he seems content to do the minimum there. I don’t think he uses his length well on that end, defends smaller than he is imo.

Delon when he was here is somebody I thought really used his length well. He was extremely disruptive in passing lanes and the occasional block.

hmm.. I never noticed this about SGA. Whenever I watch him, all I see is a super long and mobile defender. I'll keep an eye out for his defence next season.

I agree with your point on Delon Wright. I always thought he was one of our best defenders and overall solid player. He defends both 1 and 2 well and can switch onto 3 well too. He was active both on and off the ball. His ball handling was really useful too. I liked him more than Norm when Wright was on the team.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#3602 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I think it's a no brainer that they take Theo at 29. The problem is he's not likely to be there despite these recent mocks all having him falling.

So it depends on how high on him they are and if they willing to make moves

Yeah there's no way he falls to #29. I don't see him dropping past 20 truthfully. I actually think its the Spurs that will pick him up at #11.
I do think Masai will try hard to trade up in this draft. This is the easiest draft to pull it off and Masai has the assets to get it done.

Who else would we move up to draft though? I'm assuming our move up package will be around Norm+29 which will probably get us into the teens. If Maledon is gone, I don't see anybody else worth the trade.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#3603 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:08 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I think it's a no brainer that they take Theo at 29. The problem is he's not likely to be there despite these recent mocks all having him falling.

Yeah there's no way he falls to #29. I don't see him dropping past 20 truthfully. I actually think its the Spurs that will pick him up at #11.
I do think Masai will try hard to trade up in this draft. This is the easiest draft to pull it off and Masai has the assets to get it done.

Nah I doubt he goes in the lottery I expect utah to take him if I had to guess.
This is definitely the easiest opportunity to move up in a draft tho
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#3604 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:09 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

Who else would we move up to draft though? I'm assuming our move up package will be around Norm+29 which will probably get us into the teens. If Maledon is gone, I don't see anybody else worth the trade.

We interviewed Terry so he could be another option
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#3605 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:12 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

We interviewed Terry so he could be another option

I’d be happy with Maxey too
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#3606 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:23 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Of these 3 guards who would y'all rather draft: Grant Riller, Tyrell Terry, or Malachi Flynn?

I'd go with Flynn.

Why even listen Terry with Riller or Flynn? Tyrell is officially out of our range and could be drafted as high as top 5-10
God Squad
RealGM

Post#3607 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:25 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Psubs wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Of these 3 guards who would y'all rather draft: Grant Riller, Tyrell Terry, or Malachi Flynn?

I'd go with Flynn.

Terry, Flynn then Riller. Flynn is a bit more complete right now but Terry if he's a legit 6'3 now without shoes can play some backup SG as well. He's already an above average defender at 19 years old and he has Curry range and shooting 40% (5 attempts per game). Also he shot FT's at 89%.

Flynn may help more right away but Terry can at least contribute like Matt Thomas with more PG skills. Riller is more an undersized SG. He may be like a combo guard 6th man. Maybe he has a career like Mike James?

Terry is 6'3 now? I was under the impression he was 6'1. I mean I'd still pick Flynn because he's the better defender and has a higher IQ. But if Terry is still growing that's a game changer.

Apparently he's 6'3 now and put on like 10-15 pounds since lockdown. His stock has skyrocketed.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#3608 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:27 am

Psubs wrote:
DG88 wrote:Adam Spinella updated video mock draft from picks 15-60

;ab_channel=AdamSpinella

Nnaji Naji combo!!! I'd be cool with Nnaji, Flynn, Tillman or Hughes at #29. Dang, Ramsey at #39. Also Reed so low.

I'm not sure I'd pass on Ramsey at 29, But I like Nnaji as a big replacement.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#3609 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:20 am

Dalek wrote:I am on the Knight Train and there is plenty of room. Nathan Knight POY/DPOY 6'10" high motor ; high intensity player who can handle, shoot, rebound and pass.

William and Mary is Division 2 so Knight dominating is expected given his size. They did match up with Oklahoma who has Kristian Doolittle who is a lengthy 6'7" PF 232 lbs and the athletic and Rick Issanza a 7'1" C that is a monster defender.

Knight still put up 30 and 8 against this NBA length (found a better video):

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Not sure if Knight is Toronto's pick, but he moves well for a guy his size and has nice scoring instincts.

Casual one handed pass (from his weak hand) from the post:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Quicker hitter looking like Bam at the top:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Knight OTD with change of direction to score:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

He's my pick for 59. But I question if he'll be available, we might have to move up in the second round.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#3610 » by NotMyKawhi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:22 am

Would the twolves do #1, James Johnson and Culver for Lowry
God Squad
RealGM

Post#3611 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:25 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:Would the twolves do #1, James Johnson and Culver for Lowry

I'd guess no, They'd instantly get better. But why trade #1 for a one-year rental? Lowry not gonna resign there and he's not getting any younger.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,205

Post#3612 » by Mark_83 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:26 am

God Squad wrote:
Dalek wrote:I am on the Knight Train and there is plenty of room. Nathan Knight POY/DPOY 6'10" high motor ; high intensity player who can handle, shoot, rebound and pass.

William and Mary is Division 2 so Knight dominating is expected given his size. They did match up with Oklahoma who has Kristian Doolittle who is a lengthy 6'7" PF 232 lbs and the athletic and Rick Issanza a 7'1" C that is a monster defender.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Not sure if Knight is Toronto's pick, but he moves well for a guy his size and has nice scoring instincts.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

He's my pick for 59. But I question if he'll be available, we might have to move up in the second round.

I think he'll make it. Small conference bias is still pretty strong.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#3613 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:37 am

Mark_83 wrote:
God Squad wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I think he'll make it. Small conference bias is still pretty strong.

That's what I'm hoping. But I think more and more teams are willing to take the risk on small conference picks, especially mid/late second round. Plus I've been seeing his name pop up more on Twitter and I think I saw his name mentioned on the Celtics board. But hoping you're right. He seems to have the most potential at that pick.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#3614 » by pr0gr4m » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:02 am

Considering the Davis situation it might be a good idea to swap him for another pick(Maledon?). I would also do the same for the 29th pick for two seconds.

S&T FVV for Lopez, Ersan, future 1st (2022), 2020 2nd

Pick up Knight, Woodard, Winston, Maledon

MLE Christian Wood

Wood/Lopez/Knight
Siakam/Ersan/Woodard
OG/McCaw/Watson
Powell/Maledon
Lowry/Winston/Johnson

The Bucks are desperate and we can easily counter FVV in the POs with a bigger guard.

POST TRADE:

- young bench's defensive shortcomings covered by Lopez who has transformed into a great defender

- 4 potential 20PPG shooters in the starting line up, everyone can shoot the 3 at nearly a 40% clip

- trading Van Vleet means shots are left for grabs and Powell can fill that void

- raise Powell's value for mid-season trade for picks + expirings

- A package of Wood + Lopez + Powell Return + Buck 2022 + Raptors 2021 + 2022 for Beal?

LONG TERM OUTLOOK:

FVV isn't saving the Bucks in the POs. Now with the Nets, Celtics, Pacers, Heat, and Raptors on the rise it will be a lot tougher. We wouldn't be giving them any advantage.

It would put them in absolute cap hell as we took one of their expirings in Ersan. They could provide us with a very high pick in 2022 that can be traded for an all star if we choose to open a contention window.

FVV is being turned into Lopez, Wood, and a potential high lottery pick this would add defense, size, and shooting for the Raptors.

Giannis 2021 could have even more traction. FVV can do us a favor so he can man his own team lol.

Giannis/Knight
Siakam/Woodard
OG/Woodard
Beal/Maledon
Lowry/Winston
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#3615 » by DG88 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm

It has nothing to do with this years draft but Caleb Houstan signed with Michigan. Young Canadian SF to keep an eye on.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#3616 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:52 pm

If Josh hall isn't the pick and he's on the board I'd be pretty upset. I'm not sure why u guys want guards for with Lowry - Norm - Matt Thomas - mccaw - FVV who's gonna resign and TD who's still here. I'd much rather look for a guard next summer in the draft.

Find a star we can develop like siakam and possibly OG.

I don't think masai goes PG neway tho

In Raptor Ball I Trust
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,279

Post#3617 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:12 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:If Josh hall isn't the pick and he's on the board I'd be pretty upset. I'm not sure why u guys want guards for with Lowry - Norm - Matt Thomas - mccaw - FVV who's gonna resign and TD who's still here. I'd much rather look for a guard next summer in the draft.

The thing is I do think Maledon can be a star and I like odds to become one more than Josh Hall's.

Tbh I'm not concerned at all with which position they play as we have no superstar at any of ours. Lowry is nearing retirement and the rest are rotation players or at best starter quality but I never concern myself with do we have a current starter if I believe we have the opportunity to draft a star at the same one.

Not sure why you would assume he won't draft one as draft picks are generally with FUTURE in mind, not the present. In 2-3 years when Lowry is retired, Maledon will have ascended and its obvious by the fact both Fred and Kyle start despite having Norm and Davis that Nurse very much values the playmaking abilities of having 2 PGs so no reason to think Masai wouldn't have a Lowry succession plan in place particularly when he's already been seen scouting said player so that assumption is pretty baseless.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,205

Post#3618 » by Mark_83 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:56 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:Considering the Davis situation it might be a good idea to swap him for another pick(Maledon?). I would also do the same for the 29th pick for two seconds.

S&T FVV for Lopez, Ersan, future 1st (2022), 2020 2nd

Pick up Knight, Woodard, Winston, Maledon

MLE Christian Wood

Wood/Lopez/Knight
Siakam/Ersan/Woodard
OG/McCaw/Watson
Powell/Maledon
Lowry/Winston/Johnson

The Bucks are desperate and we can easily counter FVV in the POs with a bigger guard.

POST TRADE:

- young bench's defensive shortcomings covered by Lopez who has transformed into a great defender

- 4 potential 20PPG shooters in the starting line up, everyone can shoot the 3 at nearly a 40% clip

- trading Van Vleet means shots are left for grabs and Powell can fill that void

- raise Powell's value for mid-season trade for picks + expirings

- A package of Wood + Lopez + Powell Return + Buck 2022 + Raptors 2021 + 2022 for Beal?

LONG TERM OUTLOOK:

FVV isn't saving the Bucks in the POs. Now with the Nets, Celtics, Pacers, Heat, and Raptors on the rise it will be a lot tougher. We wouldn't be giving them any advantage.

It would put them in absolute cap hell as we took one of their expirings in Ersan. They could provide us with a very high pick in 2022 that can be traded for an all star if we choose to open a contention window.

FVV is being turned into Lopez, Wood, and a potential high lottery pick this would add defense, size, and shooting for the Raptors.

Giannis 2021 could have even more traction. FVV can do us a favor so he can man his own team lol.

Giannis/Knight
Siakam/Woodard
OG/Woodard
Beal/Maledon
Lowry/Winston

I'd be happy with an early second for Davis at this point. He's a talented player but there are some interesting players in the early second who I'd be just as happy with.

The question is, which team is unscrupulous enough to trade for a guy with assault allegations, and wouldn't you know it the Mavericks own the 31st pick. It's almost too perfect. Plus they want shooters to put around Luka and TD is a very good shooter.

I won't be disappointed if we flipped TD for Isaiah Joe or Robert Woodard.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#3619 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Not my favorite player, but Oturu did really well in the Combine testing, plus Tre Jones tested extremely well:

Read on Twitter

Overall, his 2020 pre-draft assessment was pretty impressive for an athlete at his size and length, which included measurements of a 7-4 wingspan, 9-2 standing reach and 9.25-inch hand width.

Since the spring, Oturu has trained at P3 Sports Science in Santa Barbara with former Howard Pulley AAU teammate and Apple Valley point guard Tre Jones, who left Duke early for the draft this year.

Jones’ combine numbers tested off the charts as well, most notably a 40-inch max vertical jump. He also had box lane agility (10.48 seconds) and 3/4 sprint (3.14) numbers above many point guards in last year’s combine.

https://m.startribune.com/ex-gophers-star-daniel-oturu-stands-out-during-virtual-nba-draft-combine/572842752/
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#3620 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:25 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:If Josh hall isn't the pick and he's on the board I'd be pretty upset. I'm not sure why u guys want guards for with Lowry - Norm - Matt Thomas - mccaw - FVV who's gonna resign and TD who's still here. I'd much rather look for a guard next summer in the draft.

I see Hall like McDaniels with a shorter wingspan so maybe 0.5 less blocks and 0.5 less steals. Comparing Hall and McDaniels pre-draft workouts Hall looks like he'll be able to fill out his frame and get even stronger.

I agree unless Maledon or another guard drops, they can find one like Mane or Jokubaitis or someone else at #59. Next year will have so many top HS guards available, like at worst they will get Daishen Nix. Hopefully, Josh Christopher!

Return to Toronto Raptors