OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1261 » by ClassicJack » Mon Nov 9, 2020 2:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:No Le Batard show today. Obvious speculation is someone (or someones) from the Shipping Container was part of the big ESPN layoffs yesterday. I know Katie Nolan's co-host/producer Ashley Braband was laid off. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dan calls it quits if that happens.

Read on Twitter

This sucks so hard.

Damn. He was really starting to come on strong the last year or so. Tuesday is going to be awkward.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#1262 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 3:08 am

stellation wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:This weather is unreal.

And I tested positive for Covid the other day so I haven't been able to enjoy it. :(

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything comes good soon for you and it's not too much of a drag.

Appreciate it sir.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1263 » by crkone » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Fix ur damn certificate RealGM!

Edit: Fixed!

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1264 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:28 pm

crkone wrote:Fix ur damn certificate RealGM!

Happens every year lol
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1265 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:08 pm

ClassicJack wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:No Le Batard show today. Obvious speculation is someone (or someones) from the Shipping Container was part of the big ESPN layoffs yesterday. I know Katie Nolan's co-host/producer Ashley Braband was laid off. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dan calls it quits if that happens.

Read on Twitter

This sucks so hard.

Damn. He was really starting to come on strong the last year or so. Tuesday is going to be awkward.

The show returned this morning. Dan is personally hiring Chris and paying his salary. What a dude.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1266 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

This sucks so hard.

The show returned this morning. Dan is personally hiring Chris and paying his salary. What a dude.

I don't watch/listen/whatever to this show, but that's **** awesome.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1267 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

This sucks so hard.

So true though. :lol:

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1268 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Question to anyone who has Spectrum cable. I may be switching to it next month (long story as to why, irrelevant).

You can have a box with or without a DVR. How does that work with two TV's? If I get one box with a DVR and one without do I record everything on one TV and then have to watch it on just that one TV or can I record on one and watch on both? Or do I have to get 2 boxes with DVR's and they operate independently?

With Uverse I can record from any TV and watch from any TV but I'm unclear whether Spectrum is the same. Thanks for your help.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1269 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:56 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Question to anyone who has Spectrum cable. I may be switching to it next month (long story as to why, irrelevant).

You can have a box with or without a DVR. How does that work with two TV's? If I get one box with a DVR and one without do I record everything on one TV and then have to watch it on just that one TV or can I record on one and watch on both? Or do I have to get 2 boxes with DVR's and they operate independently?

With Uverse I can record from any TV and watch from any TV but I'm unclear whether Spectrum is the same. Thanks for your help.

This was a long time ago ( I think 2012 when I had Spectrum last) so maybe it changed but you had to record and watch on the TV with the DVR.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 989

Post#1270 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:34 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Question to anyone who has Spectrum cable. I may be switching to it next month (long story as to why, irrelevant).

This was a long time ago ( I think 2012 when I had Spectrum last) so maybe it changed but you had to record and watch on the TV with the DVR.

Yeah, unless they changed it really recently Spectrum doesn't have the whole home DVR - you can only watch on the box you record on. That's one of the main reasons I've (so far) stayed with YouTube TV through the price hike - the convenience of being able to watch anything wherever.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1271 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:48 pm

I always hated Time Warner and gave them the boot many years ago. I've heard they are better now as Spectrum but this DVR thing sucks.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1272 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:33 pm

I love a good leftover thanksgiving sandwich, maybe more than the meal itself. So I see a commercial for Arby's Market Fresh Cranberry Deep Fried Turkey sandwich last night and think hell yea I'll check that out. I wasn't encouraged by the sandwich I got just opening it up. A whole damn bottle of mayo, and the "cranberry sauce" or whatever the hell it is looked sad and gross. I took one bite and it was difficult even swallowing it. By FAR the most disgusting food I've ever tasted. It was legitimately offensive how bad it was.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1273 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I love a good leftover thanksgiving sandwich, maybe more than the meal itself. So I see a commercial for Arby's Market Fresh Cranberry Deep Fried Turkey sandwich last night and think hell yea I'll check that out. I wasn't encouraged by the sandwich I got just opening it up. A whole damn bottle of mayo, and the "cranberry sauce" or whatever the hell it is looked sad and gross. I took one bite and it was difficult even swallowing it. By FAR the most disgusting food I've ever tasted. It was legitimately offensive how bad it was.

What that Arby's? I was going to get one of those because it looked pretty great. Thanks for the heads-up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1274 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:39 pm

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I love a good leftover thanksgiving sandwich, maybe more than the meal itself. So I see a commercial for Arby's Market Fresh Cranberry Deep Fried Turkey sandwich last night and think hell yea I'll check that out. I wasn't encouraged by the sandwich I got just opening it up. A whole damn bottle of mayo, and the "cranberry sauce" or whatever the hell it is looked sad and gross. I took one bite and it was difficult even swallowing it. By FAR the most disgusting food I've ever tasted. It was legitimately offensive how bad it was.

What that Arby's? I was going to get one of those because it looked pretty great. Thanks for the heads-up.

I never comment/complain about food or service ("it is what it is" is generally my motto when it's bad) but I googled reviews to see what others are saying, and it says the sandwich comes with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. Not that I think the sandwich could have been saved by any amount of additional ingredients because of the disgusting mayo and sauce, but my sandwich did not come with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. So **** yes I'm contacting them and complaining.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1275 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

I never comment/complain about food or service ("it is what it is" is generally my motto when it's bad) but I googled reviews to see what others are saying, and it says the sandwich comes with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. Not that I think the sandwich could have been saved by any amount of additional ingredients because of the disgusting mayo and sauce, but my sandwich did not come with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. So **** yes I'm contacting them and complaining.

That sounds a lot like my thought process, mainly due having family in the food industry for generations. But yeah, you should definitely contact someone.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1276 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Love to see the USMNT with all these young guys in the lineup. Really hope Musah chooses to play for us.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1277 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:52 pm

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Post#1278 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Off topic, but any advice for a soon to be first-time father? Wife is due Thanksgiving day, baby is ready any minute now. Starting to panic a bit. I've read a ton of books if that helps at all :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1279 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:https://www.insider.com/fast-food-reality-versus-photos-promos-2017-3

This was 20 years ago and I have no idea if it was ever actually true, but my friend worked at Blimpie. He told me that in all the promo food photos you see, those are actually plastic.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1280 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 pm

jschligs wrote:Off topic, but any advice for a soon to be first-time father? Wife is due Thanksgiving day, baby is ready any minute now. Starting to panic a bit. I've read a ton of books if that helps at all :lol:

Being a dad will be the best thing that's happened to you. It's all pretty much instinct.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks