Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Re: Lakers Targets - Free Agent Class 2020 

Post#361 » by TylersLakers » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:20 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
Beethoven wrote:^losing both kuzma and green is too much length in our defense lost. Our perimeter defense was more of a collective , by committee , defense that physically wasn't there although our mindset was. Losing that whatever length we have in kuzma and green would really diminish our perimeter no matter how bought-in the team is ..and we'll eventually have to wear down LeBron then to compensate.

I get what you're saying, but there will be ring chasers and vets who will sign with us.

For example- You could use the MLE in it's entirety on Gallinari. Or you could split it up and get Harkless + Baynes.

Other veteran options (along with the dollar range I think they'll get):

- Paul Millsap (bi-annual, vet min)
- Serge Ibaka ($5-7M)
- Derrick Favors (bi-annual)
- Kent Bazemore (vet min)
- Evan Turner (vet min)
- Marcus Morris Sr ($5-6M)
- Courtney Lee (vet min)
- Solomon Hill (vet min)
- Mo Harkless (bi-annual, $4-5M)
- Meyers Leonard (vet min)
- Andre Roberson (vet min)
- E'Twuan Moore (bi-annual)
- KCP (re-signed, we have bird rights. Can sign him to anything we want)
- Jae Crowder (MLE)
- Langston Galloway (bi-annual)
- DJ Augustin (vet min)
- Justin Holiday (bi-annual)
- Stanley Johnson (vet min)
- Wilson Chandler (vet min)
- Kyle Korver (vet min)
- Thabo Sefolosha (vet min)
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (vet min)
- Harry Giles (bi-annual)
- Nerlens Noel ($5-6M)
- Carmelo Anthony (vet min, bi-annual)
- Noah Vonleh (vet min)
- Mario Hezonja (vet min)
- Derrick Jones Jr (MLE 1 year prove it deal)
- DeMarre Carroll (vet min)
- Anthony Tolliver (vet min)
- Trey Burke (bi-annual)
- Justin Anderson (vet min)

There's a ton of guys who are going to be available and looking to chase rings. We could use that MLE ($9M) a season or split it up amongst a combination of guys. For example: Harkless + Ibaka, followed by vet min signings like Carmelo, DJ Augustin, Solomon Hill, Bazemore, Meyers Leonard and then a bi-annual signing like Langston Galloway.

PG: Chris Paul/Caruso/THT
SG: KCP/Galloway/Bazemore
SF: LeBron/Harkless/Hill
PF: Davis/Carmelo/
C: Ibaka/Howard/Leonard

This is the perfect year because of the financial ramifications and limited teams with cap space to grab guys on bargain bin deals.

GOod list, but i think you're underestimating the contracts.

Yeah, I'm sure a couple of those guys will get a little more than expected, but don't forget this:

- Plenty of teams currently hard-capped, so those teams only have around $4M to spend on a player.
- Of those teams, how many are going to want to spend it in this financial climate?
- Of the teams with the full MLE available, How many actually use it all?
- The teams with cap space, they're going to go after other free agent guys who are available that I didn't list.

This summer is going to be eye-opening for a lot of people. I've read articles and listened to a lot of podcasts in the last couple days, and it sounds awfully grim.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#362 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:48 am

TylersLakers wrote:
IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
I get what you're saying, but there will be ring chasers and vets who will sign with us.

For example- You could use the MLE in it's entirety on Gallinari. Or you could split it up and get Harkless + Baynes.

Other veteran options (along with the dollar range I think they'll get):

- Serge Ibaka ($5-7M)
- Evan Turner (vet min)
- Courtney Lee (vet min)
- Solomon Hill (vet min)
- Jae Crowder (MLE)
- DJ Augustin (vet min)
- Kyle Korver (vet min)
- Nerlens Noel ($5-6M)
- Noah Vonleh (vet min)
- Trey Burke (bi-annual)

There's a ton of guys who are going to be available and looking to chase rings. We could use that MLE ($9M) a season or split it up amongst a combination of guys. For example: Harkless + Ibaka, followed by vet min signings like Carmelo, DJ Augustin, Solomon Hill, Bazemore, Meyers Leonard and then a bi-annual signing like Langston Galloway.

PG: Chris Paul/Caruso/THT
SG: KCP/Galloway/Bazemore
SF: LeBron/Harkless/Hill
PF: Davis/Carmelo/
C: Ibaka/Howard/Leonard

This is the perfect year because of the financial ramifications and limited teams with cap space to grab guys on bargain bin deals.

GOod list, but i think you're underestimating the contracts.

Yeah, I'm sure a couple of those guys will get a little more than expected, but don't forget this:

- Plenty of teams currently hard-capped, so those teams only have around $4M to spend on a player.
- Of those teams, how many are going to want to spend it in this financial climate?
- Of the teams with the full MLE available, How many actually use it all?
- The teams with cap space, they're going to go after other free agent guys who are available that I didn't list.

This summer is going to be eye-opening for a lot of people. I've read articles and listened to a lot of podcasts in the last couple days, and it sounds awfully grim.

You may very well be right and i hope that the case. Last few offseasons i've just seen a major difference in what i personally expected guys to sign for and what they actually signed for.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#363 » by SurgeIblocka » Mon Nov 9, 2020 7:51 am

Serge is not getting 5 to 7 mil. That is laughable, he can easily get 12-15 Mil. Raptors will give him
A big one year contract, and then retain him with bird rights the following season going into the tax.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#364 » by thomas1897 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:51 pm

The first set of priorities would be to sign the plays already on the roster that fit into next year's plans. Once this is is done determine what will be the highest priority of players going into 2021. Next is preparation who fits the Lakers needs and signing the best talent as possible. I believe the Lakers should keep some young players. Kyle Kuzma has shown he can play in this league but this team has two of the top 10 players in the NBA expectations are extremely high on Kuzma. Lakerland should be patient and thoughtful as the management takes a methodical approach to bring the correct complimentary of players to the Lakers. Please remember the NBA title for 2020 is in Los Angeles with the Lakers not the Clippers or elsewhere.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#365 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:20 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:Serge is not getting 5 to 7 mil. That is laughable, he can easily get 12-15 Mil. Raptors will give him
A big one year contract, and then retain him with bird rights the following season going into the tax.

Isn't the full mle above 9 million dollars?
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach

Post#366 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:09 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:Serge is not getting 5 to 7 mil. That is laughable, he can easily get 12-15 Mil. Raptors will give him

I was responding to the post where the breakdown of what players will get. I think he won’t take the MLE either as he will get an offer at least 12-15 Mil:

- Serge Ibaka ($5-7M)
- Evan Turner (vet min)
- Courtney Lee (vet min)
- Solomon Hill (vet min)
- Jae Crowder (MLE)
- DJ Augustin (vet min)
- Kyle Korver (vet min)
- Nerlens Noel ($5-6M)
- Noah Vonleh (vet min)
- Trey Burke (bi-annual)
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#367 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 am

mind you i don't think the lakers will get him, but a one year deal under the covid market isn't ideal whatsoever. I can definitely see some FA taking on multi year deals here.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,810

Post#368 » by Marrrcuss » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:57 am

There are not a lot of teams under the cap. If the home team doesnt resign these guys, they will have to take less.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#369 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:39 am

Michael Lucky wrote:

mind you i don't think the lakers will get him, but a one year deal under the covid market isn't ideal whatsoever. I can definitely see some FA taking on multi year deals here.

There isn't that much money on the market this offseason so while Ibaka on a 1yr deal with Raptors clearly is a possibility i could also see him join a contender on the full MLE.

He would be pretty ideal for the Lakers, though, by giving them the interior defense they got from Dwight last year coupled with his ability to shoot 3s.
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#370 » by DNP-Old » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:33 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:

There isn't that much money on the market this offseason so while Ibaka on a 1yr deal with Raptors clearly is a possibility i could also see him join a contender on the full MLE.

He would be pretty ideal for the Lakers, though, by giving them the interior defense they got from Dwight last year coupled with his ability to shoot 3s.

Agreed, but will Ibaka take a 1yr MLE or will LAL offer more than 1yr?
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#371 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:31 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:mind you i don't think the lakers will get him, but a one year deal under the covid market isn't ideal whatsoever. I can definitely see some FA taking on multi year deals here.

They would have to offer a multi-year deal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
zuju
Senior
And1: 121

Post#372 » by zuju » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:

They would have to offer a multi-year deal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app

Tor have Ibaka's bird's right. So, they can still give him a lucrative 1 yr deal. It will be on Tor to decide whether they are willing to go over the cap this season after paying FVV. The situation is very much like KCP with us. We can sign him to any money he ask for. The question is if we are willing to pay him and if he actually wants a long term reasonable deal over a short term lucrative deal.

Bradley may not opt in. His biggest asset is his tenancy on defense which were seen every where in the Laker's playoff games last season. We may take Josh Jackson and Matthews on the cheap to compensate gpt the lose of Bradley and strengthen our ability to guard bigger wings.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#373 » by chefy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:28 am

hated dirty a$$ crowder in the playoffs...but now that green is gone, what do you guys feel about signing him?
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#374 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:48 am

loveshaq786 wrote:

Yep. 9.7m
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach

Post#375 » by SurgeIblocka » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:17 am

lazybatman wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:

Yep. 9.7m

And yet the Raptors can give him more.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#376 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:22 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:

Yep. 9.7m

And yet the Raptors can give him more.

Yup. Raptors, Celtics, Miami(straight into CAP), Nets, GSW, Clips(S&T for Harrell) and many more teams.

Would be great addition, but I kinda gave up on signing him. 23m to 9.7m is quite a stretch after the last 2 seasons he's had. And he's not chasing a ring anymore.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#377 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:45 pm

chefy wrote:hated dirty a$$ crowder in the playoffs...but now that green is gone, what do you guys feel about signing him?

He's the type of guy that you hate playing against, but love having on your team
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#378 » by slifersd » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Crowder isn't a good fit on this team if you ask me. He is getting older and can't really guard the parameter any more. We don't need a guy who defends exclusively 4s and occasionally 3s. We need someone who can cover a little more ground than that for that role.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#379 » by Beethoven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:01 pm

I detest crowder as a person. Tried to dismember bron's shoulder. Doesn't have respect within the game and for other person's livelihood or well being. Really detest that kind of individual. Malicious.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#380 » by chefy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:33 pm

slifersd wrote:Crowder isn't a good fit on this team if you ask me. He is getting older and can't really guard the parameter any more. We don't need a guy who defends exclusively 4s and occasionally 3s. We need someone who can cover a little more ground than that for that role.

we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. personality problems? sure and I agree with Beethoven.

but fit wise, he'd be the perfect replacement for Green. heck he even did a pretty good job against the MVP in the playoffs. plus you have to consider the options that we have right now. Id take him over Matthews easily (minus the personality issues of course).

Return to Los Angeles Lakers