ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1281 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:58 pm

It's 0-0 against a Wales team that's not very good but lets just say I don't miss watching Timmy Chandler, Alejandro Bedoya, Jozy Altidore, and Michael Bradley .
#FreeChuckDiesel
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#1282 » by Nowak008 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:32 pm

jschligs wrote:Off topic, but any advice for a soon to be first-time father? Wife is due Thanksgiving day, baby is ready any minute now. Starting to panic a bit. I've read a ton of books if that helps at all :lol:

1) Babies are easy: Either they want food, need a new diaper, or want attention.
2) Recognize your wife/baby momma might have emotional issues after.
3) Be careful about your back; work on your core.
4) Kids are hard to break.
5) Your old life is going to be irrevocably destroyed.
5a) Your new life is going to be better.

Good luck. :)
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,008

Post#1283 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:51 am

jschligs wrote:Off topic, but any advice for a soon to be first-time father? Wife is due Thanksgiving day, baby is ready any minute now. Starting to panic a bit. I've read a ton of books if that helps at all :lol:

Only practical advice i have is to push to stay as long as possible at the hospital. We were kicked out after one night due to COVID but had to go Children's for a half week due to low temp (they think it was a random virus). Biggest blessing in disguise. Wife got a few more nights with the nurses who obviously know their ****.

Other than that, if you keep them alive there isn't much more you can do. Maybe forget about being productive as in the long run its better to give your baby momma a breather and play with the kid versus doing something else around the house.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1284 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:04 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:It's 0-0 against a Wales team that's not very good but lets just say I don't miss watching Timmy Chandler, Alejandro Bedoya, Jozy Altidore, and Michael Bradley .

They're about a generation away from winning the World Cup. Right now, they've got a half dozen legitimate young studs that could make noise in 2026.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1285 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:07 am

humanrefutation wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:It's 0-0 against a Wales team that's not very good but lets just say I don't miss watching Timmy Chandler, Alejandro Bedoya, Jozy Altidore, and Michael Bradley .

They're about a generation away from winning the World Cup. Right now, they've got a half dozen legitimate young studs that could make noise in 2026.

Ya, might have to start making plans for the 2026 World Cup.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1286 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:07 am

Anyone else had a stye recently? I went my whole life without having one, and now I've had 2 in the past 4-5 months. Thinking it might have something to do with the exhale while wearing a mask shooting up into my eyes and drying them out?

EDIT: Yeah that might be it.

https://kdwn.com/2020/08/10/skin-and-eye-issues-plaguing-mask-wearers-kdwns-dr-daliah-explains/
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1287 » by KidA24 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:16 pm

You're gonna do things wrong. Every little thing is not life or death for your child's growth and development.

Also, talk with your wife often about how you want to raise your kid. Having one parent with no boundaries and one that is strict as hell is incredibly difficult to comprehend as a child (as someone who came from that type of environment)
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1288 » by KidA24 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Celebrating the late, great Buck O'Neil with some stories on his birthday.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1289 » by emunney » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:50 pm

Just remembered I have a 30th floor lake view in my office and have been sitting in my basement for 8 months.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1290 » by Mags FTW » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:38 am

When changing a diaper, have the next one ready to go and the wipes already out of the package. Just assume that poop or piss is going to come flying your way mid-change.

Speaking of diapers and wipes, get a Costco membership if you don't have one already.

Get a Hatch Rest.
https://www.hatch.co/rest

Nap when you can.

Give each other 2-3 hours a week where one of you gets "me time" while the other takes sole care of the baby.

Don't name it something stupid like these dipshite celebrities.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1291 » by buckboy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Nowak008 wrote:

1) Babies are easy: Either they want food, need a new diaper, or want attention.
2) Recognize your wife/baby momma might have emotional issues after.
3) Be careful about your back; work on your core.
4) Kids are hard to break.
5) Your old life is going to be irrevocably destroyed.
5a) Your new life is going to be better.

Good luck. :)

Pretty good list for me except for #1. Infants are a pain. Wake me up when they're about 7 months old, that's when they get interesting, and stay that way forever.

My only point in this is that if you're like me, don't be discouraged by the infant phase. A lot of people are like me btw in this regard.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#1292 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:10 pm

I guess since I've been going to the grocery store (basically the only place I've gone besides work) since the pandemic hit I'm lucky I haven't gotten the Rona, but on Monday I'm basically telling my HR department I'm working from home. Also just used Instacart for the first time this morning and damn, what a slick process. My hope is that I can self-quarantine for the next couple weeks, at least, so I can see my parents on Thanksgiving.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1293 » by stellation » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:06 pm

If you're looking for a good longish read then I encourage you to make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and take a read this New Yorker story: special bonus is it's got nothing to with politics or 'rona.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/11/16/the-curse-of-the-buried-treasure
#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM

Post#1294 » by stellation » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I guess since I've been going to the grocery store (basically the only place I've gone besides work) since the pandemic hit I'm lucky I haven't gotten the Rona, but on Monday I'm basically telling my HR department I'm working from home. Also just used Instacart for the first time this morning and damn, what a slick process. My hope is that I can self-quarantine for the next couple weeks, at least, so I can see my parents on Thanksgiving.

I'm thinking of you guys- I heard a news update yesterday mentioning rising numbers across the US, Wisconsin was one of only a few states singled out and I winced.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#1295 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Nowak008 wrote:4) Kids are hard to break.

This sounds like a challenge.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stellation
RealGM

Post#1296 » by stellation » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Congratulations, brother. This is going to be wonderful.

I doubt anything is going to really help stop you panicking, but my advice would be the most important things you can give that baby are time and love. If you find yourself freaking out that you're lost just take a minute to breathe, and know that time and love can come easily for that stinky, snot faced, why won't it ever sleep, why does it sleep too much, IAMFREAKINGOUTOVEREVERYTHINGRIGHTNOW little bundle. It'll be fine.
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1297 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:33 pm

Apparently there's an active shooter at Mayfair in Tosa.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#1298 » by DanoMac » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 pm

God damnit man, how do we stop this ****.

Prayers to anyone involved
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1299 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod