Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#321 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 4:34 pm

E S V L wrote:1. Dieng and Winslow for Horford is awfully awful.

2. Lavine is a Gay 2.0 in a sense that he is a great player, but is useless for a contender due to his low IQ.

3. I can only confirm again that the plan to trade up on the 2021 draft is the only feasible option on the table.

4. Beal is a nice guy, but too overpriced. It’s like purchasing Porsche - it is a great deal for 50K but awful for 150K.

1. I too would hate the idea of giving up expiring deals for Horford who currently took over from where Tyson Chandler left off(contract wise) in spite of his skills set and current age. My thoughts would be that the Grizzlies will have beter use of the space in the next off-season.

2. I would disagree that LaVine would be useless for a contender. Respectfully he has yet to play for such a team. I think what he has went through with the Bulls this past season has made him redefine his approach to the game itself. He has improved offensely as expect. Defensively, we know he is mediocre at best. The type of team that LaVine will need to be on will need to have some defenders around him to limit his weakness on the defensive end. That will be keyed. Or LaVine can go to a team that is offensive first, defense, a distant second like the newly structure Nets are undergoing.

3. As for the 2021 draft. We'll have to see what the future holds.

4. There are talks that Beal wants to remain with the Wizards. Will that happen, I still have my doubts. I can see Beal going somewhere else. Could be the Nets, could be the Nuggets, could even be the Mavs.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#322 » by VCfor3 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 3:02 am

E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
E S V L wrote:1. Dieng and Winslow for Horford is awfully awful.

2. Lavine is a Gay 2.0 in a sense that he is a great player, but is useless for a contender due to his low IQ.

3. I can only confirm again that the plan to trade up on the 2021 draft is the only feasible option on the table.

4. Beal is a nice guy, but too overpriced. It’s like purchasing Porsche - it is a great deal for 50K but awful for 150K.

It must be awful, you left out the main purpose of the trade, which isn't the player swap. The main value is the Philly 2020 20th pick & the Houston 2024 top 4 protected pick.

Horfords final year is partially guaranteed - (Only $14,500,000 is guaranteed in 2022/23. He would get $19,500,000 guaranteed if his team makes it to the NBA Finals in 2019/20, 2020/21 or 2021/22. His 2022/23 would be fully guaranteed if his team wins the NBA championship.)

So for the Houston 2024 top 4 & the Philly 20th pick in 2020, Memphis would be taking on roughly 25m considering the possibility they pick up Winslow's team option next season. The similar GS 2024 top 4 pick (with Houston also looking like a rebuilding team in 2024), cost Memphis 17m, that would mean the Philly pick is a rough cost of 8m, with Horford upgrading Dieng in the front court.

The deal is an expiring & Winslow 1yt (team option) for Horford 2yrs & partially guaranteed 3rd year for 2 firsts, one mid to late lotto, the other lightly protected.

It doesn't seem awful at all then. Not a bad idea.

Yeah Horford isn't terrible thanks to his last year being a partial guarantee. It is why I'd pay for a Wiggins/Horford swap if we ever made a trade to get Wiggins.

I don't know if our FO is willing to give up on Winslow so soon without seeing him play, but if they do then #25 this draft and that juicy Houston pick is a solid return.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#323 » by Whole Truth » Mon Nov 9, 2020 10:17 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Yeah Horford isn't terrible thanks to his last year being a partial guarantee. It is why I'd pay for a Wiggins/Horford swap if we ever made a trade to get Wiggins.

I don't know if our FO is willing to give up on Winslow so soon without seeing him play, but if they do then #25 this draft and that juicy Houston pick is a solid return.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#324 » by Whole Truth » Mon Nov 9, 2020 10:21 pm

There's no way that's a straight swap.. Philly only have the 25th pick?.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#325 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 10:44 pm

Whole Truth wrote:There's no way that's a straight swap.. Philly only have the 25th pick?.

I don't have the numbers in front of me. Perhaps Josh Richardson, Mike Scott, and Shake Milton could be involve somehow.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#326 » by VCfor3 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:39 am

Philly definitely has to add something though I don't know what. Maybe their 2021 1st?
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#327 » by Whole Truth » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:34 am

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:There's no way that's a straight swap.. Philly only have the 25th pick?.

I don't have the numbers in front of me. Perhaps Josh Richardson, Mike Scott, and Shake Milton could be involve somehow.

Horford is making 5m more than Hield to include any additional players, In a straight swap Philly would be getting Hield & a 5m TE.

With the article stating Kings goal is to tank the 21 season, I'm assuming the added value is the 25th pick & possibly a FRP to what protections IDK.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#328 » by SD2042 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:32 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

Horford is making 5m more than Hield to include any additional players, In a straight swap Philly would be getting Hield & a 5m TE.

With the article stating Kings goal is to tank the 21 season, I'm assuming the added value is the 25th pick & possibly a FRP to what protections IDK.

How many years will the Kings continue to "tank"? If anybody needs to tank within the Kings organization, it's the front office starting from the mindset of the culture and the way they go about the direction of their team. I remember they hired Monte McNair as their new GM last month. He comes from the Rockets. I can't say what he will be capable of. Hopefully he will help turn some thing around for the Kings. Who knows.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#329 » by Whole Truth » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:11 pm

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

How many years will the Kings continue to "tank"? If anybody needs to tank within the Kings organization, it's the front office starting from the mindset of the culture and the way they go about the direction of their team. I remember they hired Monte McNair as their new GM last month. He comes from the Rockets. I can't say what he will be capable of. Hopefully he will help turn some thing around for the Kings. Who knows.

A team continuously in the lottery doesn't really need to tank. They're stating the obvious.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#330 » by VCfor3 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:05 pm

#40 for #30+Poirier (Boston)

Lets us move up simply for a salary dump if someone we like is dropping. I'm pretty sure we have a small TPE available that he fits into.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#331 » by City of Trees » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:10 pm

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

FWIW I haven't heard any tank talk from the new Kings front office.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#332 » by SD2042 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:33 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

FWIW I haven't heard any tank talk from the new Kings front office.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app

Hopefully for you Kings fans sake, maybe things can go in a different direction for the better. Especially nearly two decades or inconsistencies and playoffs absences.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#333 » by remi_222 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 am

is Killian tillie officially part of the team ?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#334 » by VCfor3 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 pm

remi_222 wrote:is Killian tillie officially part of the team ?

He is officially on a 2-way contract so kinda? No one else can sign him and he can spend most every day with the team this year with the temporary 2-way rules. If you are asking if you can trade for him then probably?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#335 » by NYG » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:36 am

Gorgui Dieng and 2021 Conditional Jazz 1st (via Grizzlies) for Nerlens Noel at the deadline?

You could even include a third team...

Grizzlies get:
$17 Million Salary Player
Nerlens Noel

Knicks get:
Gorgui Dieng
2021 Conditional Jazz 1st (via Grizzlies)

Team X get:
TPE + Asset(s) depending on who the player is
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#336 » by NYG » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:19 am

NYG wrote:Gorgui Dieng and 2021 Conditional Jazz 1st (via Grizzlies) for Nerlens Noel at the deadline?

Grizzlies get:
Nerlens Noel

Knicks get:
Gorgui Dieng

Team X get:

or...

Would you add the 2021 Conditional Jazz 1st into a Julius Randle for Gorgui Dieng, Kyle Anderson and Grayson Allen deal?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#337 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:17 pm

NYG wrote:Gorgui Dieng and 2021 Conditional Jazz 1st (via Grizzlies) for Nerlens Noel at the deadline?

Grizzlies get:
Nerlens Noel

Knicks get:
Gorgui Dieng

Team X get:

I don't see Memphis interested in dumping Dieng for the Utah 1st. We plan on having cap space next offseason so the TPE would only be helpful until the deadline. I also think whatever team we are targeting in a trade would prefer the 2021 UTA 1st and Dieng over cap savings for this season. It isn't like Dieng is a bad player and he is expiring even if he is well overpaid for this season.

Ultimately I think Memphis doesn't do a ton this year, we likely miss the playoff, and then next summer switch into a little bit more of an aggressive improvement phase. If we do move someone then Anderson and/or Dieng are the likely candidates with JV third most likely. I expect Mario and Guduric to be waived before the season.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#338 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:22 pm

NYG wrote:

Grizzlies get:
Nerlens Noel

Knicks get:
Gorgui Dieng

Team X get:

or...

Would you add the 2021 Conditional Jazz 1st into a Julius Randle for Gorgui Dieng, Kyle Anderson and Grayson Allen deal?

Honestly I wouldn't add anything to that trade. Allen was decent in the bubble and Randle has a partial guarantee for next season. Plus Randle plays the one position we have a ton of guys at ha. That trade saves us some money, but only like 6m for next year when cap matters more to us. I think we ultimately will wait until we actually have someone committed that is worth making cap for before using assets to create space.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#339 » by SD2042 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 am

VCfor3 wrote:
NYG wrote:

Grizzlies get:
Nerlens Noel

Knicks get:
Gorgui Dieng

Team X get:

or...

Honestly I wouldn't add anything to that trade. Allen was decent in the bubble and Randle has a partial guarantee for next season. Plus Randle plays the one position we have a ton of guys at ha. That trade saves us some money, but only like 6m for next year when cap matters more to us. I think we ultimately will wait until we actually have someone committed that is worth making cap for before using assets to create space.

One team I can picture Randle may fit into could be the Nuggets. He would add offense and rebounding production to a team that could use some another PF in the rank. Maybe Randle for Gary Harris could work here.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#340 » by Whole Truth » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:21 pm

If Mitch Robinson agrees to an extension.

Memphis trade - (DIeng, GS 2024 top 4) for (Robinson, 16m TE)

Return to Memphis Grizzlies