ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#701 » by D21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:50 am

jayu70 wrote:These are just some of the many trade rumors/suggestions/flotsam/jetsom floating around regarding the Hawks and pick #6:

1. Trade #6 and Huerter for #2 and select Edwards, then sign Gordon Hayward in FA if he opt out

2. #6 for #9 and Troy Brown Jr from the Wiz

3. #6 for Jarret Culver and #17 from Minny

4. #6 for Aaron Gordon and #15 from Orlando

5. #6 plus 2 young players for Jrue (Hawks with the flat out No)

6. #6 for Victor Oladipo (Hawks have moved on from getting guys on 1 year deals for #6 and I'm glad to hear that)

7. #6 for Boston 3 picks, pass for me

8. #6 for DeRozan (awhile back)

9. #6 for White and #11

I'm sure there are more. Hawks have capspace, a top pick and young players. We're gonna be in a lot of 'trades'. I Love this time of year.

5 is my biggest No, but I also really hope it's not 8 or 3. And no to 4, 6 and 7
2 maybe, and 1 is OK is we can't get a player we want with the 6th pick (if GSW pick Edwards with the possibility to keep him)
9 is my preferred, but only if it's White, I don't want Murray, he has less impact in individual and team defense than White, and we need more defense.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#702 » by Spud2nique » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:00 am

Trashy trades. I’m not trading just to trade. Keep the 6th, make the pick, spend wisely on productive vets and remain flexible. That’s the goal.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#703 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:19 am

This guy is about to begin to get some credibility... or not.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

To be clear, RegionHoopsRoss is explicitly alleging he has a
source who has said it's on the table.

To my knowledge, the only other reference to a DeRozan deal was made by The Ringer's mock draft writer who only indicated it was something that he himself imagined would make sense.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#704 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:20 am

I could actually live with Troy Brown, pick 9 for pick 6.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#705 » by D21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 am

Spud2nique wrote:Trashy trades. I’m not trading just to trade. Keep the 6th, make the pick, spend wisely on productive vets and remain flexible. That’s the goal.

If Cam and Hunter reach their potential, and Huerter improves too, we have 4 guys on the 1-2-3 spots, so we really need only one more good player on these spots.
If Haliburton is there at 6th, pick him and it's done, then see if we can get Bertans, or even Millsap for a good contract (Denver had really their best defense when he was playing, even if his personal stats were not that great).
If Haliburton is not there, we can do the opposite by picking Okongwu or Toppin for example, and trying to sign Dragic, Rondo if he wants to, or trade for Rubio

In both case, we get a 5 good players rotation on 1-2-3, and improved the backcourt defense
The trade #9 if my preferred (but not sold on it) for a simple reason : if we get White, it brings the backup PG with some defense, even if he's better at SG on both defense and offense, so we get an asset with 11th pick for a trade
I prefer Haliburton than White, but if it's Haliburton or White+a player we can get with the 11th instead of not getting one at all, or the need to include someone like Huerter, we can end up being better.

CP War Hawks wrote:I could actually live with Troy Brown, pick 9 for pick 6.

If a player Schlenk is targeting is there at 9th, it would be a good deal.

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:This guy is about to begin to get some credibility... or not.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I really hope he won't, especially for the second tweet
And hope Schlenk is aware of all the numbers on DeRozan proving his negative impact on his two teams and almost all seasons
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#706 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 am

D21 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:These are just some of the many trade rumors/suggestions/flotsam/jetsom floating around regarding the Hawks and pick #6:

1. Trade #6 and Huerter for #2 and select Edwards, then sign Gordon Hayward in FA if he opt out

2. #6 for #9 and Troy Brown Jr from the Wiz

3. #6 for Jarret Culver and #17 from Minny

4. #6 for Aaron Gordon and #15 from Orlando

5. #6 plus 2 young players for Jrue (Hawks with the flat out No)

6. #6 for Victor Oladipo (Hawks have moved on from getting guys on 1 year deals for #6 and I'm glad to hear that)

7. #6 for Boston 3 picks, pass for me

8. #6 for DeRozan (awhile back)

9. #6 for White and #11

I'm sure there are more. Hawks have capspace, a top pick and young players. We're gonna be in a lot of 'trades'. I Love this time of year.

5 is my biggest No, but I also really hope it's not 8 or 3. And no to 4, 6 and 7
2 maybe, and 1 is OK is we can't get a player we want with the 6th pick (if GSW pick Edwards with the possibility to keep him)
9 is my preferred, but only if it's White, I don't want Murray, he has less impact in individual and team defense than White, and we need more defense.

The DeRozan stuff is from over a week ago from a different site......he's on a 1 year contract and 30 so that's unlikely we trade #6 for any rental.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshabit.com/2020/11/02/atlanta-hawks-trade-demar-derozan/amp/
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#707 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:51 am

Would this work?

Hawks get Kyle Kuzma

Pelicans get #6

Lakers get Jrue Holiday

I know the Lakers are shopping Kuzma around to get another wing player. Holiday seems like the perfect Lakers' guy, former UCLA player, 3D combo guard with elite defense, who has enough shooting to fit in perfectly with Lebron and Rondo.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#708 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:17 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Would this work?

Hawks get Kyle Kuzma

Pelicans get #6

Lakers get Jrue Holiday

I know the Lakers are shopping Kuzma around to get another wing player. Holiday seems like the perfect Lakers' guy, former UCLA player, 3D combo guard with elite defense, who has enough shooting to fit in perfectly with Lebron and Rondo.

Lakers can't take in all that salary. I don't see Kuzma with #6 value.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#709 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:45 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Hawks get Kyle Kuzma

Pelicans get #6

Lakers get Jrue Holiday

Lakers will have to throw in some contracts like Green, but Kuz is an 19ppg scorer on a rookie contact and could become at 24ppg scorer in a year or two.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#710 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:49 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Hawks get Kyle Kuzma

Pelicans get #6

Lakers get Jrue Holiday

Lakers will have to throw in some contracts like Green, but Kuz is an 18ppg scorer on a rookie contact and could become at 22ppg scorer in a year or two.

I doubt you'd find anyone willing to give even a top 10 pick or even lottery pick value for Kuzma.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#711 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Let's get it started!
Read on Twitter
?s=20
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#712 » by tomaHAWKslam » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Hawks get Kyle Kuzma

Pelicans get #6

Lakers get Jrue Holiday

no. This won’t work for atlanta. Kuzma doesn’t have near this value in general, and has even less value in Atlanta, where he’d just back up Collins. Plus the contracts are all out of wack for LA. There’s no deal to be made here.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#713 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Have to say, this sounds very appealing, which means it will never happen, of course. A first standard of any hypothetical trade that might happen is that it has to be very unappealing to me.

I like the addition of Smart. I like the options later in the draft. And/but as much as anything else, I like that we convert that $13.3m on our books to an asset that I feel greater confidence will, indeed, be an asset for awhile.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#714 » by hawks_fan25 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:14 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Have to say, this sounds very appealing, which means it will never happen, of course. A first standard of any hypothetical trade that might happen is that it has to be very unappealing to me.

I like the addition of Smart. I like the options later in the draft. And/but as much as anything else, I like that we convert that $13.3m on our books to an asset that I feel greater confidence will, indeed, be an asset for awhile.

I'd be interested in this trade and then flipping 26 and 30 to Cleveland for Larry Nance. Now that Drummond is locked in for them, they need to cut some salary from their bigs. Would still give us money left to sign Harris and go after Grant.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#715 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Per BR: aka a Warrior fan :nonono:

It’s not happening Warrior fans, give up ur done!

Atlanta Hawks Receive: No. 2 overall pick, C Kevon Looney

Golden State Warriors Receive: No. 6 overall pick, C Clint Capela
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#716 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#717 » by Radioblacktive1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:26 am

Lose assets for someone we can sign outright doesn’t sound Schlenkish to me
jayu70
RealGM

Post#718 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:02 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Lose assets for someone we can sign outright doesn’t sound Schlenkish to me

The only think Boson gets is a TPE, Hawks get a small asset for facilitating the deal. Boston gets a large TPE they can use to acquire another player. Or no deal and he is traded elsewhere.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#719 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:07 am

#6 for Lowry.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,474

Post#720 » by dms269 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Have to say, this sounds very appealing, which means it will never happen, of course. A first standard of any hypothetical trade that might happen is that it has to be very unappealing to me.

I want us to stay as far away from Smart as possible. Dude is a hot head and not in a "passionate about the game" sort of way. He has had issues with our team the past several seasons including taunting our bench. stepping on Trae, trying to fight the refs, ect.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Atlanta Hawks