ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,649

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1641 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:28 pm

I got a notification from Newegg that the Xbox Series S bundle I had my eye on was back in stock. I literally ran to my computer, only to find that it's the singular controller back in stock...not the bundle, and certainly not the console.

I'm not trying today, and hopefully I have the willpower to hold off until Thanksgiving/Black Friday. That's my intent. I've got some notifications turned on so I'll just respond to those if anything comes up and see if I get lucky.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1642 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:39 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I got a notification from Newegg that the Xbox Series S bundle I had my eye on was back in stock. I literally ran to my computer, only to find that it's the singular controller back in stock...not the bundle, and certainly not the console.

I'm not trying today, and hopefully I have the willpower to hold off until Thanksgiving/Black Friday. That's my intent. I've got some notifications turned on so I'll just respond to those if anything comes up and see if I get lucky.

I had a notification setup with them for a 5900X combo with the motherboard I’m looking at. Sent me a notification for it this morning, but only for the motherboard coming back in stock. Feels real scummy, like just trying to force a sale for a part and not the whole thing.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1643 » by stellation » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:58 am

My son suggested he might like a Formula 1 game for Christmas, does anyone have any idea on a good one? I have zero idea about the games (and just any form of car racing in general).

He enjoys season mode kind of things/ability to create teams etc. as well as just regular fancy gameplay. Either PS4 or computer (I assume he'd rather PS4).
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,945

Post#1644 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 am

stellation wrote:My son suggested he might like a Formula 1 game for Christmas, does anyone have any idea on a good one? I have zero idea about the games (and just any form of car racing in general).

He enjoys season mode kind of things/ability to create teams etc. as well as just regular fancy gameplay. Either PS4 or computer (I assume he'd rather PS4).

I'm not a racing gamer at all, but I always enjoy this guy's reviews a lot because it's clear it's where his gaming passion resides. This game got a great grade earlier this fall:

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1645 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 pm

I only got to play about an hour of AC:Valhalla but I like it so far. Combat and movement is a lot like W3 and GodOfWar.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1646 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Cohh Carnage (the only streamer I enjoy watching) is doing a playthrough of Demon's Souls on PS5 and now I **** want to play it. I'm sure I'll get endlessly frustrated at how difficult it is still, but damnit is it beautiful and the level design looks incredible.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1647 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter

So, uh, I guess Sam's came through and now I have to figure out where the hell I'mma put this beast.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1648 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:16 pm

Finished Miles Morales last night, the story grew on me as it went on. It is a short game (10 - 15 hours) but I'm glad because I didn't think the skill tree was very interesting and the enemy encounters were getting a little boring.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1649 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:10 pm

I started on Cinematic or whatever mode, and switched to Performance (60fps), and jesus. It's disorienting. Love it.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1650 » by machu46 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:00 pm

I’m apparently the only person who doesn’t get better download speeds with the PS5. Hardwired into my 400 Mbps router and I’m getting 70 Mbps download speeds just like I did on my PS4 (which wasn’t even hardwired). Disappointing after everyone’s been raving about downloading games in a few minutes; gonna take me 3-4 hours to download 2K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1651 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Escaped the Underworld on attempt 18 in Hades. I had a sweet setup with Flurry Shot and Point Blank Shot upgrades for the bow mixed with high crit chances from boons and Titan's Blood upgrades. If Cyberpunk 2077 disappoints or gets delayed again, Hades is taking game of the year for me.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1652 » by stellation » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
stellation wrote:My son suggested he might like a Formula 1 game for Christmas, does anyone have any idea on a good one? I have zero idea about the games (and just any form of car racing in general).

I'm not a racing gamer at all, but I always enjoy this guy's reviews a lot because it's clear it's where his gaming passion resides. This game got a great grade earlier this fall:

Thanks, that looks like a perfect fit!
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1653 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:50 am

**** hell. I spent all afternoon repeating the same run in DS going up against a guy I wasn't supposed to be able to beat yet. Went the other way and things are breezy.

ETA: One run! I went the other way and finished the first level in one goddamn run.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1654 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Got in the Sony Direct queue again this morning and missed getting in before sellout by about 4-5 minutes. That said, the queue worked so much better today. Apparently they fixed some bug where people could press ESC and get sent right to the store page, which was in turn resulting in people who stayed in queue continuously seeing 'more than an hour'. So today the queue actually moved.

Anyways, oh well.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1655 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Got in the Sony Direct queue again this morning and missed getting in before sellout by about 4-5 minutes. That said, the queue worked so much better today. Apparently they fixed some bug where people could press ESC and get sent right to the store page, which was in turn resulting in people who stayed in queue continuously seeing 'more than an hour'. So today the queue actually moved.

Anyways, oh well.

Do they announce when the PS5s are being sold on Sony beforehand? I've had a tab up and been keeping an eye on it but never entered a que.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1656 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:13 pm

WRau1 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Got in the Sony Direct queue again this morning and missed getting in before sellout by about 4-5 minutes. That said, the queue worked so much better today. Apparently they fixed some bug where people could press ESC and get sent right to the store page, which was in turn resulting in people who stayed in queue continuously seeing 'more than an hour'. So today the queue actually moved.

Anyways, oh well.

Do they announce when the PS5s are being sold on Sony beforehand? I've had a tab up and been keeping an eye on it but never entered a que.

They do not, and it doesn't auto-update until you enter the queue, which sucks. I stopped refreshing and checking sites continuously, so I'm just going off of when Wario64 tweets.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1657 » by tydett » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:18 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:**** hell. I spent all afternoon repeating the same run in DS going up against a guy I wasn't supposed to be able to beat yet. Went the other way and things are breezy.

ETA: One run! I went the other way and finished the first level in one goddamn run.

Not sure if the same, but the run to Tower Knight and that fight itself are destroying me endlessly.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1658 » by crkone » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:26 pm

tydett wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:**** hell. I spent all afternoon repeating the same run in DS going up against a guy I wasn't supposed to be able to beat yet. Went the other way and things are breezy.

Not sure if the same, but the run to Tower Knight and that fight itself are destroying me endlessly.

Demon Souls is endlessly trading single hits back and forth with the enemy, unless you are in PvP.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1659 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Yooooo no matter your build, go get the Crescent Falchion +1 as soon as the game opens up. I'm going with a magic heavy build because I'm a pussy, but this thing rules.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#1660 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:04 am

stellation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Thanks, that looks like a perfect fit!

Think I'll give this a go too with my sons.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks