Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 - Other team's trades and transactions 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:28 pm

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Yeah, I get the impression he's open to offers too since he declined his option. Strange things for Shams to add, unless he was saying he won't just re-sign longer term with the Lakers, but he couldn't have expected to get more money.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,828

Post#42 » by TeamTragic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:23 am

Harden declined his extension and requested a trade.

Rockets/Thunder probably won't make the playoffs.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:53 am

It would be really nice if Harden and Westbrook went east. Would help with the NBA's ratings too to put some more big names to attract more people to watch those eastern teams. I kind of hope Westbrook ends up on the Knicks. And then Harden would be more interesting on the Sixers, especially for Simmons, but since I'd rather Simmons stay in the east, I'd rather see Harden go to the Nets for young players. I think Nash would have his hands full trying to get Kyrie, Harden and KD playing together....with only one ball.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#44 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:17 am

I think OKC will really play hardball with Rubio and Oubre...and Presti will have no problem holding onto them into the season until offers are better and teams might feel they need an upgrade at the deadline. He could maybe even keep Rubio as I think he would be a good combo with SGA and help their younger guys grow.

I won't be too surprised if they try to compete because they have SO many picks, they can likely consolidate a bunch of them, maybe even with Rubio if needed, to move up in a future draft. Also, even if they compete, they likely end up near the bottom of the west and have a good pick anyway. With all their cap space and future incoming draft picks and rookie deals, they could really try and keep Oubre too, even if it's an overpay, if he decides he likes it, and you never know..he's so positive maybe he is like George (who really originally wanted to go to LA and stays) if he feels like he is one of the main guys.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#45 » by nevetsov » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Imagine...
Westbrook to the Knicks
Harden to the Nets

Cross town rivalry, oh the drama!
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#46 » by nevetsov » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Utah would take Rubio back surely?

OKC sends Rubio and Oubre for Conley ($34m expiring) and #2

UTA gets Rubio for Conley (massive savings) and pick/s to GSW

GSW gets Oubre and UTA pick/s for #2

Just need to work out what is fair compensation from Utah to GSW.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#47 » by m1chal » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:40 pm

nevetsov wrote:Utah would take Rubio back surely?

OKC sends Rubio and Oubre for Conley ($34m expiring) and #2

UTA gets Rubio for Conley (massive savings) and pick/s to GSW

GSW gets Oubre and UTA pick/s for #2

Just need to work out what is fair compensation from Utah to GSW.

So CP3, only a year ago considered one of the worst contracts in the league, would haul #2, a couple of young players and a future FRP. Not bad, Mr. Presti, not bad at all.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#48 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 pm

This isn't to say what NO and OKC have done collecting pickw was wrong but I do think the disaster that was the Boston/Brooklyn deal skews our view of these trades. The reality is we might never see one of these go that wrong again in our lifetime. Look at NO they have a bunch of Mil and Lakers picks, well Davis is about to extend and it sure looks like Giannis will too so the reality is those picks are probably in the 20s. And as Boston has found out once the draft comes around packaging those late 1sts to move up isn't as easy as you would think especially since teams know you're motivated to do it.

Doesn't have to be this off-season but sometime soon both NO and OKC should try to actually trade some of those picks for players before they actually have to use them and the value drops like a new car off the lot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#49 » by Frank Lee » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Pick hoarding might excite GoK but it’s a shaky bridge to build, especially with mid to late ones. I could see Houston doing the blow up more for economics than anything. They had their run, their chance. Time to move on. Sometimes hard to acknowledge the window has closed.

Bucks doing some good things
What ? Me Worry ?
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#50 » by bigfoot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Pick hoarding might excite GoK but it’s a shaky bridge to build, especially with mid to late ones. I could see Houston doing the blow up more for economics than anything. They had their run, their chance. Time to move on. Sometimes hard to acknowledge the window has closed.

Bucks doing some good things

Well there is a 25% chance of drafting an all-star caliber player in the first 30 picks. With a few more picks, OKC should have their replacement star ... lol
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#51 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Read on Twitter

NO was smart to push those picks out that far. They can use them to help rebuild after Zion forces his way out :) I kid I kid.. kind of

Again at the end of the day if this is what it took to keep Giannis it's worth it because you could draft for 30 years and never get a player as good as him.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#52 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:06 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

NO was smart to push those picks out that far. They can use them to help rebuild after Zion forces his way out :) I kid I kid.. kind of

Again at the end of the day if this is what it took to keep Giannis it's worth it because you could draft for 30 years and never get a player as good as him.

Yeah, those are a ways out...would Giannis' contract go that long to cover the last unprotected pick?

Seems like it would at least end a year before...and they could really take a step back.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#53 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:39 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:This isn't to say what NO and OKC have done collecting pickw was wrong but I do think the disaster that was the Boston/Brooklyn deal skews our view of these trades. The reality is we might never see one of these go that wrong again in our lifetime. Look at NO they have a bunch of Mil and Lakers picks, well Davis is about to extend and it sure looks like Giannis will too so the reality is those picks are probably in the 20s. And as Boston has found out once the draft comes around packaging those late 1sts to move up isn't as easy as you would think especially since teams know you're motivated to do it.

Doesn't have to be this off-season but sometime soon both NO and OKC should try to actually trade some of those picks for players before they actually have to use them and the value drops like a new car off the lot.

Oh totally. No NBA teams want the "problem" of having 2-3 mid to late first round picks. It's cool to have on paper but it just adds a ton more effort required for scouting, not just for prospects but for trades you could package those picks with because more often than not, the plan isn't to draft 2-3 prospects in the second half of the 1st round.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#54 » by matt131 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#55 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 am

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19
That's such a make a deal just to make a deal move for both teams.

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#56 » by bigfoot » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 am

Hard to imagine why Robin Lopez would turn down a $5M player option on the Bucks. I don't see him getting offered that amount any place else.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#57 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Hey, guys... I'm just asking because it's more amusing to read you than to dig into the NBA Rules and Regulations pdf.

Can Papi and/or Ricky be included into some offer for current Draft picks?
Even more... Is it possible to include them at any trade in the next three weeks?

I wonder because I thought both (Papi and RR) couldn't be traded 'til 30 days after they officially became OKC players...
.. but I'm reading a ton of Twitter and Spanish Forum users from different teams talking about getting Rubio or Oubre right now in diverse trade scenarios including tonight's picks.

Is that normatively possible?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#58 » by Flying Colors » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:45 pm

bigfoot wrote:Hard to imagine why Robin Lopez would turn down a $5M player option on the Bucks. I don't see him getting offered that amount any place else.

Maybe he is just tired of Brook
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#59 » by nevetsov » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Hey, guys... I'm just asking because it's more amusing to read you than to dig into the NBA Rules and Regulations pdf.

Even more... Is it possible to include them at any trade in the next three weeks?

I wonder because I thought both (Papi and RR) couldn't be traded 'til 30 days after they officially became OKC players...
.. but I'm reading a ton of Twitter and Spanish Forum users from different teams talking about getting Rubio or Oubre right now in diverse trade scenarios including tonight's picks.

I think they can be traded immediately if traded alone, but if combined with other players they have to wait. Could be wrong though.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,798

Post#60 » by Saberestar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Hey, guys... I'm just asking because it's more amusing to read you than to dig into the NBA Rules and Regulations pdf.

They can trade them again at any moment. No restrictions.

I don't know the details, but I am sure that they can trade Rubio now.

Return to Phoenix Suns