Dunn>Rondo for me.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Free agents potentially of-interest 

Post#185 » by HMFFL » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:33 am

Bogdan picked Milwaukee over us.

Bogdan Bogdanovic will be sent to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade deal with Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson all going to the Kings in the trade. 

Well this has been an interesting night and the Bucks are now looking at a starting five of Jrue Holiday, Bogdanovic, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Brook Lopez this season. That's a team that can compete for a championship and could even end up as a favorite to win it all. Bogdanovic's exit could propel Buddy Hield into the Kings' starting lineup, but he'll be the fourth scoring option for the Bucks, at best. He's still worth drafting and is a big upgrade over Wesley Matthews, but he still looks like a late-round flier at this point. 

RELATED: 

Buddy Hield

, Wesley Matthews

, Donte DiVincenzo

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Nov 17, 2020, 1:10 AM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#186 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:55 am

HMFFL wrote:Bogdan picked Milwaukee over us.

Bogdan Bogdanovic will be sent to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade deal with Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson all going to the Kings in the trade. 

Well this has been an interesting night and the Bucks are now looking at a starting five of Jrue Holiday, Bogdanovic, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Brook Lopez this season. That's a team that can compete for a championship and could even end up as a favorite to win it all. Bogdanovic's exit could propel Buddy Hield into the Kings' starting lineup, but he'll be the fourth scoring option for the Bucks, at best. He's still worth drafting and is a big upgrade over Wesley Matthews, but he still looks like a late-round flier at this point. 

RELATED: 

Buddy Hield

, Wesley Matthews

, Donte DiVincenzo

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Nov 17, 2020, 1:10 AM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

He didn’t actually “pick” the Bucks over us he was traded there. Also, I’m not so sure the Bucks will be that much better. Holiday is overrated and I don’t love Bogdan. If fact I’d say the Pelicans and Kings won the trades with the Bucks. Bucks are just getting desperate to keep Giannis but they need more.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#187 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:14 am

Jerami Grant could be a good target for us. We are apparently 1/3 teams interested.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons and Phoenix Suns are expected to pursue Grant once the free agency period begins. It will be interesting to see if the Nuggets open up their checkbooks and re-sign Grant, who is one of the better two-way players in the NBA. He has career averages of 9.3 points, 3.9 boards and 1.1 assists with the Philadelphia 76ers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Nuggets.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#188 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 am

Denver remains confident that it will be able to keep Grant, according to a person familiar with the team’s plans. Grant, 26, averaged 12 points and 3.5 rebounds during the regular season. At least three other teams are expected to have interest in Grant once free agency opens Friday, Nov. 20. Those teams, as previously reported by The Post, are the Detroit Pistons, Phoenix Suns and Atlanta Hawks.

Grant could command a deal worth between $13.5 million to $15 million annually.

Yahoo first reported Grant’s decision.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#189 » by D21 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:35 am

Spud2nique wrote:He didn’t actually “pick” the Bucks over us he was traded there.

It's a sign-&-trade with a new contract for him, so he could choose to sign or not, so unless I'm wrong, he did pick MIL over ATL, or he was OK for both offer, and SAC pick the trade offer from MIL. We can't know, but there was a rumor he was preferring MIL too...
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#190 » by myrak433 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:24 pm

D21 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:He didn’t actually “pick” the Bucks over us he was traded there.

It's a sign-&-trade with a new contract for him, so he could choose to sign or not, so unless I'm wrong, he did pick MIL over ATL, or he was OK for both offer, and SAC pick the trade offer from MIL. We can't know, but there was a rumor he was preferring MIL too...

this is true in a sign and trade he had to agree on the trade or he wouldn't have sign. so more than likely he picked the Bucks. If I was him I would have picked the Bucks as well, so I am not mad at him.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#191 » by hawks_fan25 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:38 pm

With the recent happenings, I’d love for us to find a way to sign Dunn and Grant and just draft Okongwu instead of trading that pick. We’d be a solid playoff team in the east with those additions.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#192 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Read a rumor about Harris getting a big offer from us. I'm fairly sure Schlenk has multiple offers out. I need to see the numbers. Harris should get a 15-20m per year deal.

Schlenk needs to get trade friendly deals. I'd go high on Harris cause I can envision him doing really well here and that will keep his value up.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#193 » by hawks_fan25 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:26 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Read a rumor about Harris getting a big offer from us. I'm fairly sure Schlenk has multiple offers out. I need to see the numbers. Harris should get a 15-20m per year deal.

Schlenk needs to get trade friendly deals. I'd go high on Harris cause I can envision him doing really well here and that will keep his value up.

Is there any chance we can sign Harris, Grant and Dunn/Rondo? I like Dunn a little more, but Rondo also fits the kind of backup we need for Trae. If Harris gets $18m/yr or so, we still have about $25m to sign two more, right? What is the market for Grant and Dunn? I can't imagine it would be over $25m combined.

I could see both Grant and Harris starting and then we'd have a really nice bench of Dunn, Cam, Hunter, Huerter, Skal, Dedmon, Okongwu (assuming we draft him), Bruno.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#194 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:08 pm

D21 wrote:

He can’t PICK one over the other of the Hawks had no deal on the table.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#195 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:25 pm

I don’t mind this guy. He represents everything we like. Progression and hard work. Go Joe!

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#196 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:25 pm

This is good we are putting the squeeze on the Nets while they are busy trying to get Harden.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#197 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Pg- Trae
Sg- Cam/Huerter
Sf- Harris/Hunter
Pf- Collins/(#6 Okongwu)
C-Capela

Back up point and a back up center and we are going to the playoffs, do pass go and DO collect your $200. :nod:
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#198 » by myrak433 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
D21 wrote:

yes he can. if SAC says we like Atlanta's package better and refuses to sign then that would end the sign and trade. That would force SAC's hand to take the Bucks offer over the Hawks. or just let him walk and get nothing.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#199 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:21 pm

myrak433 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
D21 wrote:

yes he can. if SAC says we like Atlanta's package better and refuses to sign then that would end the sign and trade. That would force SAC's hand to take the Bucks offer over the Hawks. or just let him walk and get nothing.

THERE WAS NO PACKAGE BEING OFFERED! What was our package being offered? Exactly.
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#200 » by myrak433 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

THERE WAS NO PACKAGE BEING OFFERED! What was our package being offered? Exactly.

I don't if a package was offered from the Hawks. And neither do you.

Get Trae some HELP!!!!

Return to Atlanta Hawks