Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#721 » by dms269 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:40 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:#6 for Lowry.

Not sure that type of deal is a smart move. Lowry is a 34 year old expiring who will make $30 million this year. Not sure how he would play alongside Trae either. if the pick is moving it needs to be someone who "fits" the core.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#722 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:51 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:#6 for Lowry.

That'll be a pass. Lowry is an expiring and 34 years old.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#723 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:13 pm

dms269 wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Have to say, this sounds very appealing, which means it will never happen, of course. A first standard of any hypothetical trade that might happen is that it has to be very unappealing to me.

I like the addition of Smart. I like the options later in the draft. And/but as much as anything else, I like that we convert that $13.3m on our books to an asset that I feel greater confidence will, indeed, be an asset for awhile.

I want us to stay as far away from Smart as possible. Dude is a hot head and not in a "passionate about the game" sort of way. He has had issues with our team the past several seasons including taunting our bench. stepping on Trae, trying to fight the refs, ect.

Respectfully disagree and I would do this deal. Smart is almost EXACTLY the type of player we need on this team. He’s very passionate and plays super hard. I do agree that he is a hot head, but for the most part outside of his college incident has stayed away from things that might otherwise get him in a mess.

This is actually a trade I don’t mind. Having said that I still like pick #6 and staying put.

Smart has been a target of mine for a couple years.

Ps I hated the flop against muscle man Kyle Korver though. To be fair though, Kyle is a lot stronger than his and can send him flying..... NOT!
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#724 » by dms269 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
dms269 wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Have to say, this sounds very appealing, which means it will never happen, of course. A first standard of any hypothetical trade that might happen is that it has to be very unappealing to me.

I like the addition of Smart. I like the options later in the draft. And/but as much as anything else, I like that we convert that $13.3m on our books to an asset that I feel greater confidence will, indeed, be an asset for awhile.

I want us to stay as far away from Smart as possible. Dude is a hot head and not in a "passionate about the game" sort of way. He has had issues with our team the past several seasons including taunting our bench. stepping on Trae, trying to fight the refs, ect.

Respectfully disagree and I would do this deal. Smart is almost EXACTLY the type of player we need on this team. He’s very passionate and plays super hard. I do agree that he is a hot head, but for the most part outside of his college incident has stayed away from things that might otherwise get him in a mess.

This is actually a trade I don’t mind. Having said that I still like pick #6 and staying put.

Smart has been a target of mine for a couple years.

Ps I hated the flop against muscle man Kyle Korver though. To be fair though, Kyle is a lot stronger than his and can send him flying..... NOT!

Agree to disagree I guess. I don't think it is a good idea to bring on a guy who has tried to fight and injure multiple of our own players
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#725 » by hawks_fan25 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Starting to sound like we will stay at #6 and are probably looking at Okongwu. I like that pick if Schlenk is just not certain he's getting good value to trade down. Also seems like something could happen between us and BOS. Maybe picks and/or Hayward moving around.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#726 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:22 am

I thought Kelly Oubre would be a really good fit in the Hawks? Would he have stunted Hunter or Reddish???

He just got acquired for 2 second round picks (basically). Seems like we could've done that.

What am I missing?
Commit to the process
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#727 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 am

saloonyk8 wrote:I thought Kelly Oubre would be a really good fit in the Hawks? Would he have stunted Hunter or Reddish???

He just got acquired for 2 second round picks (basically). Seems like we could've done that.

What am I missing?

This opinion isn’t popular around here but I agree with you. I was hoping Trav would do something since the asking price was so low but I guess that ship has sailed.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#728 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 am

What do you all think of this trade even though I wanna keep Collins.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yy2c24cn

Hawks trade : Collins/Hunter/Snell/2021okc 1st

Wiz trade : Bradley Beal

Trae/FA
Beal/Huerter
Cam/Bogi
Gallo/Bruno
Capela/Okongwu
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,996

Post#729 » by HMFFL » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 am

I truly believe we'll pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo strongly now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#730 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am

HMFFL wrote:I truly believe we'll pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo strongly now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

That’s been the goal for a while now.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#731 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 am

Spud2nique wrote:What do you all think of this trade even though I wanna keep Collins.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yy2c24cn

Hawks trade : Collins/Hunter/Snell/2021okc 1st

Wiz trade : Bradley Beal

Trae/FA
Beal/Huerter
Cam/Bogi
Gallo/Bruno
Capela/Okongwu

Would be crazy. I wonder what the market for Collins is, maybe I’d have an easier time letting go if I knew he could land us some big fish.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#732 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 am

Crap. There are a lot of strip clubs in Atlanta. :nonono: Don’t F&ck this rebuild. Let’s stay patient. How is this rumor even on cbs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/hawks-expedite-timeline-with-signing-of-danilo-gallinari-could-atlanta-be-a-sleeper-for-james-harden-trade/
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#733 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:06 am

Please no. I do not wanna watch Harden iso and be a statue when he doesn’t have the ball.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#734 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:12 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Please no. I do not wanna watch Harden iso and be a statue when he doesn’t have the ball.

Ya Trae is ready and they are buddies but this rebuild is based on balance and we have a plan. At least it’s exciting to have our names thrown around a bit more these days. Schlenk made us super versatile and needs to focus on the long game.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore

Post#735 » by hawks_fan25 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 am

Wouldn’t mind seeing something like JC+Huerter+Snell for Derozan at this point. It’s pretty clear to me we aren’t offering JC what he wants next year and the Spurs have a ton of space to offer him. Derozan comes off the books next year which would give us the opportunity to go for GA.

I could actually see us starting Trae, Bogi, Cam, Gallo, CC and having Derozan be our 6th man lighting up opposing teams’ benches.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#736 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:04 am

All that for Derozan would leave a horrendous taste in my mouth
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#737 » by D21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:22 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:Wouldn’t mind seeing something like JC+Huerter+Snell for Derozan at this point. It’s pretty clear to me we aren’t offering JC what he wants next year and the Spurs have a ton of space to offer him. Derozan comes off the books next year which would give us the opportunity to go for GA.

I could actually see us starting Trae, Bogi, Cam, Gallo, CC and having Derozan be our 6th man lighting up opposing teams’ benches.

Please stop any DeRozan possibility... already shown in a recent post he's always having a negative impact on his team when is playing, their are always without him. That's not the kind of veteran hep we need.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,469

Post#738 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Yeah it’s clear the FO is putting a high priority on shooting which is the exact opposite of Demar....he is a 31 yr old expensive expiring that’s a terrible fit. Not worth close to JC or Huerter let alone both.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore

Post#739 » by hawks_fan25 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Yeah, I get it. I’m just trying to make sense of the Gallo deal. Y’all realize JC and Gallo shot the same percentage from 3 last year? I think our money would have been much better spent going hard after Harris and Bogi and getting back Skal on what is likely a minimum contract.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#740 » by D21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:13 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:Yeah, I get it. I’m just trying to make sense of the Gallo deal. Y’all realize JC and Gallo shot the same percentage from 3 last year? I think our money would have been much better spent going hard after Harris and Bogi and getting back Skal on what is likely a minimum contract.

At least, it shows that now, some F.A. are more interested than before to sign with ATL.
It may have cost a bit more than what we wanted, but it starts something.

Making sense of the Gallo deal will not work by adding a vet that had negative impact. Gallo has positive impact on OKC, the defense was worst, but the offense was way more better. With DeRozan,the Spurs made a major mistake, everybody thought it was a good trade, but where he pused them ? nothing, the defense was horrible with him, and the offense not better.

Now, I don't see any problem regarding playing time.
There's 96 minutes to spend between C and PF for Capela/Collins/Gallinari and he can plays some SF too.

Return to Atlanta Hawks