ImageImage

Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,393

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions 

Post#901 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:My name really is M̶a̶t̶t̶ Andy Drug Bust.

There we go.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#902 » by buckboy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
truly wrote:Once Giannis signs the supermax how petty are we allowed to be on realgm ? :D

Digging up and trolling every single Raptors thread involving Giannis' free agency is 100% allowed.

I'm going to the Raptor board and and1ing every post that has any hint of an implication that Giannis was signing in Toronto.

Why?

Because I'm a child, that's why.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Post#903 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:18 pm

buckboy wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
truly wrote:Once Giannis signs the supermax how petty are we allowed to be on realgm ? :D

Digging up and trolling every single Raptors thread involving Giannis' free agency is 100% allowed.

I'm going to the Raptor board and and1ing every post that has any hint of an implication that Giannis was signing in Toronto.

Why?

We'll hear a lot from them that Giannis "isn't that good", "he's overrated", "we didn't want him anyway", etc...
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#904 » by tydett » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:20 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Why?

We'll hear a lot from them that Giannis "isn't that good", "he's overrated", "we didn't want him anyway", etc...

"Lol have fun with your star who can't shoot, we'll enjoy Pascal over here and also we have Masai lol nice skyline." And-1s for everybody else in the thread.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#905 » by mke_design » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:24 pm

tydett wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Why?

"Lol have fun with your star who can't shoot, we'll enjoy Pascal over here and also we have Masai lol nice skyline." And-1s for everybody else in the thread.

I'm going to And-1 everyone in this thread from here forward.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#906 » by Chad34 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:01 pm

mke_design wrote:
tydett wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:We'll hear a lot from them that Giannis "isn't that good", "he's overrated", "we didn't want him anyway", etc...

Read on Twitter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#907 » by blazza18 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I thought the Woj Giannis Draft podcast was a fun listen but man I would have loved to hear more about the Bucks process in drafting him than an hour of sucking off Atlanta because they almost did.

Needed a full episode on Atlanta's tears tbh.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#908 » by HKPackFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Why?

LOL yes all the, He can't shoot, he has no jumpshot, he's just shaq stuff will come out in full force.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,375

Post#909 » by MoreTrife » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Just chiming in on the Giannis Draft Woj pod being soooo good. Giannis is just so damn special.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,056

Post#910 » by MVP2110 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Today is the day we find out if Giannis is sticking around
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#911 » by midranger » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Is it a good thing that just a couple days ago the bucks were party to an executed and leaked illegal deal involving one of the few players he is friendly with, had the deal completely meltdown is the most disastrous way possible while looking completely inept and doing zero damage control, inciting a league investigation that may have further punitive consequences?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,737

Post#912 » by DanoMac » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Please sign the supermax Giannis, dear God
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,240

Post#913 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:51 pm

When do we think we'll actually hear if Giannis is signing or playing it out this year? The deadline is December 21, do we expect he waits or makes a decision tonight?
Misery loves company
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#914 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:56 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:When do we think we'll actually hear if Giannis is signing or playing it out this year? The deadline is December 21, do we expect he waits or makes a decision tonight?

Personally, I don't think he signs the super max. If he does, I think he waits to see how this plays out. Really doubt we hear anything today. Hope I'm wrong
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,410

Post#915 » by ABucksFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Can look past everything that has happened if Giannis Signs. Everything else is moot, just get Giannis to sign da ting!
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#916 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:45 pm

Instagram live of him right now on a plane....on his way to MKE to sign?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,729

Post#917 » by emunney » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:45 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:When do we think we'll actually hear if Giannis is signing or playing it out this year? The deadline is December 21, do we expect he waits or makes a decision tonight?

I expect we won't get word until we actually make our moves, whatever they may be at this point.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,396

Post#918 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Chad34 wrote:
mke_design wrote:
tydett wrote:

Read on Twitter

Our baby boy is all grown up. Incredible watching this man's journey over time. Whatever happens with his contract and whatever team he plays for going forward, Giannis will always be a Buck in all of our hearts and thank God we've had him here for as long as we have.

To any of the Bucks FO lurking, if Giannis leaves, I'll still be an NBA (read: Giannis) fan, but I probably won't watch the Bucks much for a few years. Just saying. Figure it out.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#919 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:05 pm

High spirits. I think Giannis signs but we may not hear it immediately. The dude seems like he just wants to focus on basketball and being a dad without the circus. Despite the Bogdan situation the FO is at least being aggressive.

The chaos if he doesnt though..
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,396

Post#920 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:High spirits. I think Giannis signs but we may not hear it immediately. The dude seems like he just wants to focus on basketball and being a dad without the circus. Despite the Bogdan situation the FO is at least being aggressive.

The chaos if he doesnt though..

If nothing else, (if he really wanted to play somewhere else) I could see him quietly agreeing to signing the max now with an agreement in place to be traded next year if the Bucks don't make major changes by seasons' end. I cannot for the life of me envision Giannis enjoying all this financial attention (distraction). As you said, the dude just wants to win and enjoy his family life. He already has all the money in the world.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks