ImageImageImage

2020 Draft : Future Nugs

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: 2020 Draft : Future Nugs 

Post#101 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 pm

If we don't make a trade, here's who I think the Nuggets select if they're available:

Josh Green or Aleksej Pokusevski. I prefer Green but Poku checks all the boxes for the Nuggets.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,157

Post#102 » by Mickey8 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:27 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

I could easily see this happening, he seems exactly like the type of high-ceiling guy the Nuggets always look for. We're in a position where we don't have to draft for a specific need and we could stash him in Europe for a season or two. Usually I'm all over a player like Poku but something doesn't sit well with me on him, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. Seems redundant with Bol (maybe that's what's gnawing at me with this pick ?), I'd expect one of them to be moved in a trade in the future though. I'd bet Jokic has some insight on this guy, probably love to play alongside one of his countrymen.

I dont think Jokic know that Pokusevski even exist :)
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#103 » by Mickey8 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:39 pm

THE J0KER wrote:I ignored mostly the 2020 draft talk because it is hard to predict who will be available in the late first, and especially it is hard to discuss with NCAA season damaged with COVID19 break. But there is a scenario that one player which I followed in Serbia national team juniors selections can potentially be Nuggets #22 pick. Here is my personal opinion.

Aleksej Pokusevski makes the big mistake of being available as the youngest player for this draft. He is physically not ready to play in NBA this season for sure, so where he hurry? Basically, Nikola Jokic made the same mistake in 2014 when he decides (with his manager) 10 days before the draft to be available despite knows he is physically not ready to play in the NBA in 2014. That next season Jokic improve into regional ex-Yugoslavia ABA league youngest MVP, so he would be a lottery pick in the 2015 draft (maybe Denver which monitoring him more than other teams choose Joker in 2015 at #7 instead of Mudiay!).

European 7 footers with great court vision are an NBA winning formula, just take look at the careers of Jokic, Divac, Sabonis1, Sabonis2, Gasol1, Gasol2, Noah... But all these guys are centers, while Pokusevski is a guard-forward 7' option, so the only all-around Euro player which can be compared with him is Toni Kukoc. Toni Kukoc becomes a very young superstar in Europe, but he didn't join the NBA until the age of 25 when his body significantly improved compared to how he physically looked in his early '20s. Even with proof that he is the real deal and focuses on the gym, I don't see Pokusevski in NBA before 2022. He is one of the most intriguing players of this draft with some put him even as a lottery pick, but some not even in the 1st round. We see in Jokic, Simmons, Sabonis, Adebayo cases how successful can be a very tall great passer, but he can also never be ready for NBA. I'm pretty sure this guy should wait one or even two years for the draft. But just like in Jokic or Bol Bol cases, premature decision to join the draft year earlier than they should make him available for the Nuggets.

What do you mean Jokic made the mistake, Raznatovic who is Jokic's manager have received guarantee from Denver that he would be picked , thats why they declared for 2014 NBA Draft, they had plan for him , if Jokic had declared year later he would have been picked in the first round , of that Draft and who knows how his career would have gone, his body was still what it was year early, when he got to Denver , he was chubby , slightly over weighted but he wasn't physically weak , meaning not having physical strength to compete on the highest level, thats one of the problems Pokusevski have , also Pokusevski never competed in the legit leagues,even though we have examples like that who succeeded Dirk and Giannis.
skywalker33

Post#104 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

I could easily see this happening, he seems exactly like the type of high-ceiling guy the Nuggets always look for. We're in a position where we don't have to draft for a specific need and we could stash him in Europe for a season or two. Usually I'm all over a player like Poku but something doesn't sit well with me on him, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. Seems redundant with Bol (maybe that's what's gnawing at me with this pick ?), I'd expect one of them to be moved in a trade in the future though. I'd bet Jokic has some insight on this guy, probably love to play alongside one of his countrymen.

Why would you say something THAT STUPID ? You think Joker lives under a rock ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#105 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Report: Onyeka Okongwu Has Injured Foot - There's our Guy !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:naaa: :confused: It's worked before!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#106 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 pm

skywalker33 wrote:If we don't make a trade, here's who I think the Nuggets select if they're available:

Josh Green or Aleksej Pokusevski. I prefer Green but Poku checks all the boxes for the Nuggets.

I'd take Pokusevski first but Josh Green wouldn't upset me at all - I like his game.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#107 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:I ignored mostly the 2020 draft talk because it is hard to predict who will be available in the late first, and especially it is hard to discuss with NCAA season damaged with COVID19 break. But there is a scenario that one player which I followed in Serbia national team juniors selections can potentially be Nuggets #22 pick. Here is my personal opinion.

Aleksej Pokusevski makes the big mistake of being available as the youngest player for this draft. He is physically not ready to play in NBA this season for sure, so where he hurry? Basically, Nikola Jokic made the same mistake in 2014 when he decides (with his manager) 10 days before the draft to be available despite knows he is physically not ready to play in the NBA in 2014. That next season Jokic improve into regional ex-Yugoslavia ABA league youngest MVP, so he would be a lottery pick in the 2015 draft (maybe Denver which monitoring him more than other teams choose Joker in 2015 at #7 instead of Mudiay!).

European 7 footers with great court vision are an NBA winning formula, just take look at the careers of Jokic, Divac, Sabonis1, Sabonis2, Gasol1, Gasol2, Noah... But all these guys are centers, while Pokusevski is a guard-forward 7' option, so the only all-around Euro player which can be compared with him is Toni Kukoc. Toni Kukoc becomes a very young superstar in Europe, but he didn't join the NBA until the age of 25 when his body significantly improved compared to how he physically looked in his early '20s. Even with proof that he is the real deal and focuses on the gym, I don't see Pokusevski in NBA before 2022. He is one of the most intriguing players of this draft with some put him even as a lottery pick, but some not even in the 1st round. We see in Jokic, Simmons, Sabonis, Adebayo cases how successful can be a very tall great passer, but he can also never be ready for NBA. I'm pretty sure this guy should wait one or even two years for the draft. But just like in Jokic or Bol Bol cases, premature decision to join the draft year earlier than they should make him available for the Nuggets.

What do you mean Jokic made the mistake, Raznatovic who is Jokic's manager have received guarantee from Denver that he would be picked , thats why they declared for 2014 NBA Draft, they had plan for him , if Jokic had declared year later he would have been picked in the first round , of that Draft and who knows how his career would have gone, his body was still what it was year early, when he got to Denver , he was chubby , slightly over weighted but he wasn't physically weak , meaning not having physical strength to compete on the highest level, thats one of the problems Pokusevski have , also Pokusevski never competed in the legit leagues,even though we have examples like that who succeeded Dirk and Giannis.
Things are pretty obvious here.

Regional ABA league players at the time 1994 born Jusuf Nurkic and Dario Saric both know they are not ready for NBA by any means in 2013, so they with a reason both skip the 2013 NBA draft, played with an expected breakthrough 2013-14 season in that league with improved notable numbers (Saric was even MVP), then join NBA 2014 draft and both are chosen in the middle of the 1st round (Saric#12, Nurkic#16). One year younger (1995 born) Nikola Jokic makes a big mistake by joining the same 2014 draft despite knows he is not ready by any means to join NBA in 2014, instead of skip that draft and joins next 2015 draft with his improved 2014-15 ABA league numbers (guess what, he was MVP that season!), so Nikola finished in 2014 draft in the middle of the 2nd round, instead of to be a lottery pick in 2015 draft with ABA-MVP award as 19y old.

From the same perspective, I really don't know what the hell 18y old Aleksej Pokusevski doing on this draft as the youngest available player tonight, when he is not ready in 2021 by any means to play in NBA, and in his particular case maybe even not ready in 2021-22. If he slips from 1st round tonight he will be one of the biggest losers of this draft. Just like Bol Bol in the previous draft which he should skip once his status dramatically damaged by the injury concerns. I'm talking about this from the young players' perspective only, of course, that for teams that picked them late in the draft it is a win-win scenario. Bol's salary as the #14 pick of the 2nd round is much lower than the #14 pick of the 1st round which would be very probably close to his draft spot tonight if he skipped the 2019 draft.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#108 » by Mickey8 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Why would you say something THAT STUPID ? You think Joker lives under a rock ?

Its not stupid, like Jokic cares about following youth basketball competitions and prospects , all he cares about are his horses in the off season, also Pokusevski have been out of Serbia last 5,6 years.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#109 » by Mickey8 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 am

THE J0KER wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:

Things are pretty obvious here.

Regional ABA league players at the time 1994 born Jusuf Nurkic and Dario Saric both know they are not ready for NBA by any means in 2013, so they with a reason both skip the 2013 NBA draft, played with an expected breakthrough 2013-14 season in that league with improved notable numbers (Saric was even MVP), then join NBA 2014 draft and both are chosen in the middle of the 1st round (Saric#12, Nurkic#16). One year younger (1995 born) Nikola Jokic makes a big mistake by joining the same 2014 draft despite knows he is not ready by any means to join NBA in 2014, instead of skip that draft and joins next 2015 draft with his improved 2014-15 ABA league numbers (guess what, he was MVP that season!), so Nikola finished in 2014 draft in the middle of the 2nd round, instead of to be a lottery pick in 2015 draft with ABA-MVP award as 19y old.

From the same perspective, I really don't know what the hell 18y old Aleksej Pokusevski doing on this draft as the youngest available player tonight, when he is not ready in 2021 by any means to play in NBA, and in his particular case maybe even not ready in 2021-22. If he slips from 1st round tonight he will be one of the biggest losers of this draft. Just like Bol Bol in the previous draft which he should skip once his status dramatically damaged by the injury concerns. I'm talking about this from the young players' perspective only, of course, that for teams that picked them late in the draft it is a win-win scenario. Bol's salary as the #14 pick of the 2nd round is much lower than the #14 pick of the 1st round which would be very probably close to his draft spot tonight if he skipped the 2019 draft.

I guess Pokusevski have some guarantee in this Draft , I am too skeptical about his future in the NBA , but who knows, I have mentioned Dirk , highest level of basketball he competed prior coming to the NBA was the lower German league, I think it was Division 2 and even their Divison 1 was a crap back then, Giannis competed in the same Greek Division 2 league, Pokusevski was last season , they were more dominant in the youth FIBA competitions , actually Pokusevski wasn't dominant at all , he showed flashes from time to time, but the lack of physical strength was so obvious even in those tournament,he had a hard time finishing plays even at that level ,thats the red flag for me at the moment.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#110 » by psimanic1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:56 am

Anyone thinks we could go for 2nd round, for G League, Kenyon Martin JR? 2 way maybe? Undrafted? He is marked as PF, but looks kinda small even for SF?
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#111 » by Mickey8 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:59 am

Ok I have to correct myself, Jokic have met Pokusevski at the basketball without border event that was held in Belgrade two years ago , Jokic was one of the instructors there , but out of that I doubt Jokic have spent anytime with him, personally.
skywalker33

Post#112 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:33 am

Mickey8 wrote:Ok I have to correct myself, Jokic have met Pokusevski at the basketball without border event that was held in Belgrade two years ago , Jokic was one of the instructors there , but out of that I doubt Jokic have spent anytime with him, personally.

C'mon, if Jokic WAS an instructor, he had to have SOME observations, sure he wasn't there just drinking beers. Poku, at 7'1 MAY have stood out as little, especially with his skillset. OK, they probably didn't hang out but I'd bet good money Jokic has some good observations on him to share with TC.

:roll: :roll:

DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,331

Post#113 » by DaFan334 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:44 am

No to Aleksej Pokusevski, he's going to the Thunder at 17. RJ Hamptons still around though...
skywalker33

Post#114 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 am

Josh Green gone too...at least I have good taste 8-)

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#115 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 am

With Pokusevski and Green gone back to back as #17 #18, maybe we should trade our #22?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#116 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 am

Maxey gone too at #21, so no more interesting SG's, the position we need the most :noway:
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,331

Post#117 » by DaFan334 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 am

Zeke Nanji it is
skywalker33

Post#118 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am

C/PF Zeke Nnaji...he was on my list, gotta say with what was on the board it's a nice pick. Surprised we didn't pick up a PG, hopefully Grant Riller in the 2nd

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#119 » by TunaFish » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 am

Denver sure likes them big: 6'11 240.

Looks like we drafted our backup center.
Canned in Denver.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#120 » by psimanic1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

skywalker33 wrote:C/PF Zeke Nnaji...he was on my list, gotta say with what was on the board it's a nice pick. Surprised we didn't pick up a PG, hopefully Grant Riller in the 2nd

Why a PG, we have like 3?

Return to Denver Nuggets